Question for those who have travelled to U.S. recently

rella's fan

DIS Veteran
So I just found $30 flights for Vegas and rooms are around $50 a night, so I'm thinking of doing a quick couple of days trip for real cheap in December. I realize that testing requirements may change by then, but am I right in thinking that if I get tested here in Canada the afternoon that my flight leaves (before I cross the border) that my test results will still be good for return within the 72 hours? (Flight leaves at 8:00 p.m. Monday night and returns Thursday at 3). Or would I just be better off doing a test at a CVS or Walgreens while I'm in Vegas? Not sure of how long for results?

The PCR test needs to have been administered less than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Canada -- so what you describe *should* be possible, depending on when you can get tested Monday evening. That said, you'd probably not get the results from the PCR test before leaving (probably get emailed to you while you're in Vegas), so you'd also need an Antigen test to be allowed into the US.

What we learned is have a backup plan, plan to spend some extra cash on that backup plan. Also remember at Walgreens they only allow scheduling a couple days out, CVS seems to be more advanced. Also with my most recent experience trying to get ahold of WestJet (not saying that's who you are flying), but it doesn't seemjust as easy as popping on the phone to reschedule a flight if it gets delayed and puts you outside the window

The PCR test needs to have been administered less than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Canada -- so what you describe *should* be possible, depending on when you can get tested Monday evening. That said, you'd probably not get the results from the PCR test before leaving (probably get emailed to you while you're in Vegas), so you'd also need an Antigen test to be allowed into the US.

Ok. thank you, I didn't know that I needed an antigen test to enter the U.S.

Ok. thank you, I didn't know that I needed an antigen test to enter the U.S.
You do if flying from canada to the USA but not if you cross the boarder by land and fly from there..you could take your test 5 mins before driving across the border, then you have 72 hours from the time that test was taken to cross back into Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter