Question for those that have gone with their marching band?

Whoever arranged your trip was WDW-savvy and on-the-ball!
They did all the right things with adequate lead-time.
Congrats!

This is what I’m trying to find out because if they aren’t on the ball I want to educate them on their options and how these kids can maximize their time!

When I went with my band in high school, the band director didn't hand out our tickets until we got there. We didn't have MBs my years, that was when they were first coming out with them, but my younger siblings did have them, but they collected those every morning so no students could like sneak around at the hotel and stay in the rooms to do what teenagers would potentially do, and handed out their plastic tickets on our first park morning. We were staying on site at the All Star Music.

No one really made FPs for any of our trips, even my family that went along didn't make any, but honestly, I think the people we were with, and the students, were just excited to be away from school and able to hang out with all of their friends for a couple of days at WDW that none of us were really concerned with how long we'd have to wait in line. One year there was honestly just a time we made our own resort day for half of the day and came back to just hang out in the food court and arcade because we were just so tired.

But other than the collecting of magic bands every morning, and briefly going over if we had to be anywhere, like on the day of the parade, we were basically given free time. We didn't have an itinerary to follow, I mean they did make one up with suggested parks and some like parade or show times listed, but we could do whatever we wanted separate from the chaperones and the adults. We didn't even have to meet up with them at a certain point of the day. They did hand us an envelope with their emergency contact information and whatever else they collected through fundraising like giving everyone a gift card and our meal vouchers were in there, I'm pretty sure they got us the QS Dining Plan. But it was pretty much a do whatever you want type of situation we had. We did have a time we had to leave the resort by every morning so they could collect our MBs and make sure that no one was going to try to hide in any of the rooms and we did have a curfew, it was at midnight most nights, but the chaperones would be back at the hotel between like 9-11pm if anyone wanted to get into their room early.

They did suggest that we take a picture of our ticket, though, in case we lost it. They may have also suggested we take a picture of our airline ticket as well, since we flew, in case anyone lost that. Which my friend actually did one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter