Question for the day:

cyre

Also known as Purple Crate Girl ;)
Ok, let's pretend VMK didn't close. (yay!)

Do you think we still would have found all the other games we've found in the past month? VFK, SmallWorlds, Sociotown, etc.? If so, would you have left or reduced your vmk time to play these new games? This question popped into my head this morning and I'm curious to what you all think.

For me, If we had found the games, I would have definitely played them, maybe not as much as VMK but would still play them.

I would have definitley played Xivio but no way Wizard101 I wouldn't haev had the courage to ask my dad if i could download it

The only one so far that I could see myself playing instead of VMK (but only from a gaming stand point) would be Wizard101. For me, communicating within Wizard101 is a royal pain, so I wouldn't use it as a social meeting place. But, I love the quests and it is fun to do the battles with friends.

If I had seen Coriander's earlier post about Ravenwood I may have tried it out, but probably wouldn't have been looking for any other game. However, now I feel 'free' to go out and try any other I'm interested in.;)
Kim

Nope. I wouldn't have been looking for any other games. I spent enough time on VMK. ;)

For me, VMK is still the perfect game. There were problems and could have used a few improvements. But, there was just so much a person could do within the game that I didn't need to search for anything else.

We would probably have found out about VFK, since they probably would have still spammed the forums, but as for the rest, I doubt we'd know about them. If VFK was the only other game I knew about, I definitely would never play it with VMK still in existence.

I would have stayed with VMK. If VMK were to come back, I would drop the other ones, except maybe Smallworlds which is pretty cool.

Nope, would not have even been looking.

That would be a shame too because I really like PotCO. Would someone please call my cell phone so I can hear my new PotC theme music ringtone again? :rotfl2:

I would have never began to look for another game. For me VMK is the best game I've ever played, so there would have been no need to look for another.

Same here, I would not have looked for another game. Like Seetea said, spent too much time on VMK already with out adding another game to the list. Out of the 3 games i've played since VMK's demise, ( gaia, VFK, and SmallWorlds) I like Small Worlds the best. I like VFK for the players that are on it, but the graphics and the avatars so far IMOP have a way to go.

Not sure...I only came across Smallworlds from someone's post about it in the VMK forum...after VMK closed. Although I would periodically check other online worlds, nothing compared to VMK so it was a moot point. However, SW has sucked me right in, and if VMK was still online, SW would definitly take time away from VMK...but I wonder if SW would be the same experience it is now w/o all the Dis/former VMK players there....

Not sure...I only came across Smallworlds from someone's post about it in the VMK forum...after VMK closed. Although I would periodically check other online worlds, nothing compared to VMK so it was a moot point. However, SW has sucked me right in, and if VMK was still online, SW would definitly take time away from VMK...but I wonder if SW would be the same experience it is now w/o all the Dis/former VMK players there....

True that is a point to consider, if vmk hadn't closed it almost looks like just the Brazilians would been the only ones there! :rotfl2: You would have to had learn Portugese in self defense! lol
Kim

Well the realistic answer is probably no, because I doubt I would have found smallworlds. If I had found smallworlds, I would play it along with VMK.

Ravenwood I am enjoying quite a bit also, but realistically wouldnt have the time for it I suppose if I were still playing VMK.

Lets say I found the other games and that friends were on there, I still wouldn't have stayed with any of them after a quick trial if I still had VMK. I am enjoying Small Worlds, but only because I don't have vmk.

True that is a point to consider, if vmk hadn't closed it almost looks like just the Brazilians would been the only ones there! :rotfl2: You would have to had learn Portugese in self defense! lol
Kim

so thats why everyone who i usually meet is like blah blah blah portugese.

ok back on topic i would not have looked for anything else bc vmk gave me everything i wanted in a game

I never would have tried any other game; it was all I could do to keep up with VMK. I had about a zillion other projects planned, and if I'd known what was coming, I would have spent even more time than I did.

VMK was much more than a game to me, it was the most magical of kingdoms just like the park itself. yes it had mini games but yet they were only part of the real community involved. so no I would had never sailed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter