Question for smokers at Aulani

Debbru

DIS Veteran
Not trying to start a smoking argument please. I know that several years ago Aulani removed the beach smoking area (per Hawaii rules) and was left with one area out the side door towards the convention center. Then a year or two ago they went completely non smoking on Aulani property. I've read online that the whole KoOlina resort area has restrictive smoking rules.
So where can a smoker staying at Aulani go for a cigarette? (Please, not asking where they can sneak a cigarette, but "legally" have one).

Interesting question, we saw folks smoking just as you turn up the mainroad to the Aulani driveway. Not sure if it was legit but we saw it. Did not see or smell any cigarette smoke on property, interestingly enough.

I also think that it is best to head toward the empty lot next to Aulani. There are people who smoke on the sidewalk on the way to the shops across the street, but that is a bad place since so many use that path, including kids.

I’ve seen people smoking by the public beach restroom just past the wedding pavilion and on the short path to the public parking lot just past that same pavilion. I’ve also seen people smoking on the sidewalk in front of Aulani and on the street between Aulani and Four Seasons.

Asking on my husband's behalf...Do any of the places mentioned above have seats/benches? My husband enjoys a cigar on vacation, but has back problems and will need a place to sit. Thanks!

Asking on my husband's behalf...Do any of the places mentioned above have seats/benches? My husband enjoys a cigar on vacation, but has back problems and will need a place to sit. Thanks!

There are no designated smoking areas and people are just smoking on the sidewalk in front of or to the side of the resort. There are no benches along the sidewalk. Someone mentioned smoking by the bathrooms, that is still considered the beach area and it is no allowed. I really can't think of any place that you are allowed to smoke that has any kind of seating. It is also illegal to smoke within 20 feet of a business entrance, so no outdoor patio smoking. Hawaii really does not want you to smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter