Question for HDDR veterans

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
Specifically those who have been to the late show since the time was swtiched to 8:30.

What are the transportation options after the show?

We will be staying at WL and if it were still light outside, we wouild probably just walk but I understand the path between the two resorts is not lighted:eek:.

I know the blue flag boat between CR, WL, and FW runs until 11:30 pm. I also understand there is a bus that runs directly between FW and WL (not sure when it stops running or how frequent it runs).

What will likely be the faster (and/or least crowded) option between the bus (assuming it is still running) and the blue flag boat?

For example, when leaving FW in the late evening, does the blue flag boat stop first at the CR or WL? Will that boat likely be more crowded than the bus?

(FWIW - the MK is scheduled to close at 10 pm on the night of our ADR, so it will already be closed by the time the show is over).

runs until around 3: 00the morning. It is the yellow settlement bus. That would be your best option. The walk is nice but the lighting is subdued. Depending on the time of the year you may still have daylight. The show gets out around 10:00 p.m. so the boats will still be running. The boat rides if now crowded are romantic :)

runs until around 3: 00the morning. It is the yellow settlement bus. That would be your best option. The walk is nice but the lighting is subdued. Depending on the time of the year you may still have daylight. The show gets out around 10:00 p.m. so the boats will still be running. The boat rides if now crowded are romantic :)

Yes, if it weren't too dark to walk (this will be in late April), we would, time and crowds being equal, prefer the boat.

But if the boat is going to be so crowded that we'll have to wait for a second one (and here I'm talking the smaller blue launch and NOT the big green flag motor cruiser that goes to the MK) and/or stops at the CR first, such that the bus is likely to be MUCH faster, then the bus would be our preference.

Typically, after the late HDDR show direct bus transportation is provided to all resorts from FW. It has been a few years since I've been to HDDR but as of then bus transportation was provided.

The boat should also be available.

Typically, after the late HDDR show direct bus transportation is provided to all resorts from FW. It has been a few years since I've been to HDDR but as of then bus transportation was provided.

The boat should also be available.

On our last visit to HDDR a couple of years ago, the bus transportation was not direct. Several resorts shared the same bus after the HDDR. We waited a long time on the bus in Ft Wilderness before even leaving. Then it was several resorts before we made it to the BC. It was a very slow, long route home. I can't imagine the boat would be slower than that bus was.

We have seen the HDDR while staying once at WL and once staying at BLT - both times we took the boat home. Such an easy walk to the dock from HDDR and nice, direct transportation back to the resort. I do not recall having to wait long and even if you have to wait for another boat. There also did not seem to be a big crowd going toward the boat dock, many more people were headed toward the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter