Question for all Alexa Experts

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
I wasn't sure where to post this but I just know someone here has the answer.

I would like to have Disney music playing throughout my home. It just makes it feel like being on vacation in my favorite place. Currently I have the DPark Radio app loaded on my Alexa and play it often. However, I would like greater control of what plays. I have several CD's (I know ... I'm old) that I can download to the computer but I'm not sure how to get the Alexa setup to play them.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have Spotify, you can hook your spotify account to Alexa and make a playlist, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to get her to play things from your computer.

Download the music to your computer. Add it to your phone and you should be able to play it from your phone through the alexa speaker.

If your computer has bluetooth, you can pair it with Alexa and use Alexa (or Google Home for that matter) as your speaker for your computer. So you could rip your CDs to your computer and play them through Groove or iTunes or whatever it is you use. I do this with my laptop all the time.

A bit more work, but you could use Amazon Music on your computer to upload mp3s you have to your account. Not sure if it does ripping (converting CDs to mp3s), but that’s achievable through other software if necessary.

Sorry that I’m rusty on this - it’s been a year or two since I did it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter