• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question Everyone****

tweetybird

Earning My Ears
OK, Next month is our first trip to Disneyland. I want to make reservations
at one of the character restaurants. Never being there before i dont have a clue on where to take two teenage boys. Any ideas whould be a great help.
Could you please tell me where and why? And can i get a phone number of where to call to make reservations.. Thanks everyone ahead of time for your help.. :sunny: Have a nice Day!

Well two teenage boys like to eat so the character buffets might be an excellent choice! The ones I would recommend for your group would be: Goofy's Kitchen (inside the Disneyland Hotel) they have a buffet that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and lunch are the cheapest. You will generally see Goofy (always), Chip, Dale, Pluto and then we also amost always see Minnie and one princess. We have also seen Captain Hook, Donald Duck, Genie and Aladdin. Goofy's seems to have the widest variety of characters. There is also the Lilo and Stich Breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. They serve breakfast only and in addition to Lilo and Stich we also saw Pluto and Minnie. Their breakfast is a little bit cheaper I think than the Goofy's. At the Grand Californian there is the Storytellers Cafe which usually has Chip, Dale, and Koda from Brother Bear. I haven't been to that one but I believe it is probably the lowest key of the character meals and might be better for older kids. I think it is fun for kids of all ages to dine with the characters. If your sons don't want to ham it up much with the characters they will move on quickly. You see people of all ages getting their pictures taken and getting autographs so it is easy to get caught up in the fun.

They have princess lunch/dinner at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure and also Minnie has a breakfast at the Plaza Inn inside Disneyland. I think the above ones have better food and a better lineup for your teenagers however. The number to call is: 714-781-3463. You can make reservations up to 60 days in advance. I might also suggest the Blue Bayou. They don't have characters but the restaurant is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and has a really fun, unique atmosphere. We like lunch, they have a Monte Cristo sandwich that is to die for. You can make a reservation for that one at the above number as well. Have fun on your trip!

Thank-you Amy & Dan. I think i will take them to Goofys Kitchen since that one seems to be almost everyones favorite. Its a surprise for them on our last day there, so i think they will enjoy it..thanks again for your help.. :flower:

With 2 teenage boys, I would also recommend eating or just spending time at ESPN Zone one day. If your boys are into video games, they would really enjoy it there.

My 13 y/o son loves the GCH Storytellers Character Breakfast. Low key character interaction...just enough for him, and GREAT food!

What is Espn zone? I thought that was a restaurant for sports fans. sounds like the boys might like that one. pirate:

ESPN is great for boys they have a rock wall
they will love it. So when you go tell your kids to go climb a wall they really can. :)

Join the MVP club and they'll give you a gift card with points on it to play free games and for priority seating. You just register at espnzone and print out the email they send you to redeem for the gift card. We also got a $10 card with our park hopper ticket package. I took the kids last year - they love video games so they had a great time there. It wasn't too busy and it was something to do when the parks closed early. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter