Question Concerning Beauty and The Beast on Dream

Silver Queen

DIS Veteran
We are surprising our grandsons with a Dream cruise. We are booked for second seating (which is fine with us) and will go to the early shows. For those of you who have recently sailed on the Dream, is it necessary to get to the theater much earlier to get seats given the popularity of the show. We've sailed DCL several times and know the typical time frame for getting seats for the productions, but I wondered if this show will be much more popular. We wouldn't want to be shut out due to a lack of seats.

I haven’t been on the Dream since B&tB, but I recently got off the Wonder that still has 3 showings of Frozen on its day. I’m assuming B&tB is running 3 shows, but I haven’t seen anything confirming that.

If that is the case or not, I saw people lining up an hour before the show. I usually always get in line for shows 40-45 minutes before the show (10-15 minutes before doors open), and I have never had a problem getting great seats. I did this strategy with Frozen, and I got great seats when I saw the show easily.

Now, there are more people on the Dream than the Wonder. If B&tB is important to you on this trip, I highly recommend getting there early.

We were on the Dream during the premiere week for BATB. They had 4 showings total....one early, one late, each day. We arrived maybe 5-10 minutes before the doors opened and didn't have any issue getting seats. The tip we were given, which proved to work out well, was to head for the balcony instead of the lower seats. Most people seem to head for the lower seats. We were able to see fine from the balcony seats and were able to grab the first row easily.

Beauty and the Beast was performed 2 nights (4 times total) on our 3 day cruise. Saturday and Sunday at 6:00 and 8:15. We got there at 5:30 and had no problem getting seats. Because of the 4 performances, there were great seats even for those who got there at the last minute.

Last edited:
Beauty and the Beast was shown 2 nights (4 times total) on our 3 day cruise. Saturday and Sunday at 6:00 and 8:15. We got there at 5:30 and had no problem getting seats. Because of the 4 showings, there were great seats even for those who got there at the last minute.
What show are they cutting out on a 3-day cruise?

Just went on the dec4 sailing on dream. This was a 4 night cruise. BaTB played on night 2. It was packed. I don't think I saw an open seat. People also seemed to be standing near the walls but not sure if that was for entire show. They opened the doors 30 minutes early, there was a line to get in before that though. We ventured that way about 45 minutes before the second show and got in an already long line.

We where also on the 12/4 cruise. When to the 2nd show and got in line about 45 minutes before the show. It filled up fast. Because my wife was on a 3 wheel scooter, we ended up in the front row in the "handicap" section, they have spots for the scooters/wheelchairs build in with a seat for the "care giver". It took awhile for the front to fill up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter