• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question about when to go...

NeverBeentoDisney

Ohhh you mean I get to meet Mickey soon?
We are planning our first trip and we cannot decide whether to go in the middle of October or in the middle of December. What is a better time for couples to visit?? I would like to go in October since that is the month of our anniversary but I think the christmas decorations would be neat to see too.

Is everything in the park just covered with all christmas decorations? Just wondering. Since I have not ever been before I want to see somethings that are close to normal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Seems there are really no slow seasons at wdw anymore.

Mid october, especially the closer you get to the 20th...is extremely busy. There is a golf classic, food & wine fest, MNSSHP, and whatever other special events are going on at the time. We have found the crowds to be summerlike at that time.

Mid December...we love of course, still a bit busy, but the decorations are wonderful.

Hard decision for you to make..food/wine fest or the holiday decorations.

NeverBeentoDisney said:
Since I have not ever been before I want to see somethings that are close to normal.

Since you want things that are close to normal then go in October. The weather is great - comfortable temps and not alot of rain. Then you can plan another trip at a later date and go see the Christmas decorations!!!

Also the Food & Wine Festival is alot of fun. I did my first MNSSHP (Halloween party) at MK last year and had so much fun I ended up going again at the end of the week.

If possible, try and go before Columbus Day weekend - it'll be a little bit quieter!!!

HTH!!! :teeth:

go for you anniversary. If you like to drink/eat - if possible stay in an Epcot resort - so you can walk back and forth the wine/food festavial going on at Epcot. You can also do the MNSSHP at the MK (as had been say).

I love Christmas decorations myself - WDW does it very well! So this year celebrate your anniversary - next year Christmas.....(if you can)

We were there last December and it was wonderful. The Christmas decorations are a marvel. Not overdone. The Osborne Lights are something to see, and EPCOT processional and choirs are beyond description.

We are making our first trip to the Wine and Food Festival this October. Our last visit in October was extremely hot, so go late in the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter