• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about what is going on in early March

starjazz

DIS Veteran
So, we have reservations for Pop beginning on 3/9. We called yesterday because my folks decided they'd like to come spend one night with us on 3/9. Nothing available. So, I asked what was going on because it is still listed as "low season" according to their pricing calendar. They said the resort is sold out because there are marathons and other activities that week. Any insight as to what is going on? I looked on runDisney and didn't see anything listed there. I know there might be a few really early spring breaks that week, but if its considered low season, do they really sell out?

So, we have reservations for Pop beginning on 3/9. We called yesterday... They said the resort is sold out because there are marathons and other activities that week.

The "Values" get sold out much of the year.

The values get sold out much of the year.

Man, that's a lot of rooms. I figured it was possible, and warned the folks 3 months ago to get a room with us, alas, they may have to stay off site.

We are going the same week as you and staying in Pop. I'm planning for high crowds since a lot of schools are on spring break that week. I think it's going to be crowded

Man, that's a lot of rooms. I figured it was possible, and warned the folks 3 months ago to get a room with us, alas, they may have to stay off site.

Did you ask about the All Stars?

Our Spring break starts the following week so we will be there then. Also, Flower & Garden started.

IDK what happened, but when I entered march 9 for one night just now, it came back with standard, standard pool and preferred rooms available at POP. Room only, no discount.

IDK what happened, but when I entered march 9 for one night just now, it came back with standard, standard pool and preferred rooms available at POP. Room only, no discount.

Thank you so much. I went in and tried again after seeing this, and they must have opened up some more rooms, because I saw the same thing, and got them a room for $129! So very happy about that!

3/10-3/12 is all star cheerleading uca completion at espn also all of march and most of april is spring break

March 9th is one of the few nights that MK has the "Disney After Hours" going on.

Several things are going on....I know that UCA Cheerleading is having a tournaments where thousands of cheerleaders, coaches and families will be involved. That is traditionally one of the first "busy" weeks of Spring Break and lastly I am pretty sure the CBR and Pop are starting renovations? Hard to grab something in the value or moderate range last minute. You might be able to travel kayak.com or priceline.com and grab a Swan or Dolphin reservation.

March 9 is "Regular" pricing at Pop, but "Peak" pricing begins March 10. Peak is one of the highest priced seasons -- higher than summer, for example.

March 11 is the start of spring break season, and, according to Josh at easyWDW, should be the second most crowded week of the break. You might have lower crowds on the 9-10th, but they'll hit with a vengeance on the 11th.

Good thing the 10th is our last day! Only two days this time, then heading to the beach for some relaxation! Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter