• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Water Package

asunutgirl

DIS Veteran
You'd think after 5 cruises, I would remember how much the 24 water bottle package is on board but I don't. We always buy the waters because I drink A LOT of water when we cruise due to wearing the patch for motion sickness.

I see that you can pre-order the waters but you have to fill out a form and fax it in. Pre-order price is $35. Any recent cruisers remember what the price was on embarkation day? We've always ordered it on board and it really doesn't take them long to deliver it. I was just wondering if the price is a bit lower if I order in advance. If the price is the same, I won't bother. TIA

You'd think after 5 cruises, I would remember how much the 24 water bottle package is on board but I don't. We always buy the waters because I drink A LOT of water when we cruise due to wearing the patch for motion sickness.

I see that you can pre-order the waters but you have to fill out a form and fax it in. Pre-order price is $35. Any recent cruisers remember what the price was on embarkation day? We've always ordered it on board and it really doesn't take them long to deliver it. I was just wondering if the price is a bit lower if I order in advance. If the price is the same, I won't bother. TIA
I don't recall right off hand, but I'll look it up when I get to my other computer. I believe the cost is the same.

So weird, I was wondering about water this morning also! We usually order the water package but I HATE all he water bottle it leaves behind. I wonder if there is another option? Ordering pitchers of water from room service? I also bring a Tervis to fill at the station but even that seems hard to keep full. (I drink so much water!) Lots of running up and down to fill. On the plus side I am getting lots of exercise running those steps!

So weird, I was wondering about water this morning also! We usually order the water package but I HATE all he water bottle it leaves behind. I wonder if there is another option? Ordering pitchers of water from room service? I also bring a Tervis to fill at the station but even that seems hard to keep full. (I drink so much water!) Lots of running up and down to fill. On the plus side I am getting lots of exercise running those steps!
You are aware that the water onboard (from the tap) is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered), right? At least it was explained to us that way at several of our Captain's Q&A sessions we've attended. We just fill our personal refillable water bottles from the tap in our room for drinking.

Last edited:

We've always found the water on the ships to be just fine, and we refill our water bottles from our rooms

Ships don't use reverse osmosis as many people think, but generally use the evaporation method (for a number of reasons). However, it produces pure water that is just as clean and tasty as bottled water you pay for, which often comes from city water that goes through a few extra purification processes at the water bottling plant. I hate paying for water - but wish I had been the first to think it up!!

Anyway, ship water is great, pure water and should keep you well hydrated!

You are aware that the water onboard (from the tap) is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered), right? We just fill our personal refillable water bottles from the tap in our room for drinking.

Shmoo! I feel so stupid! I don't know why I didn't even think of that! DUH! I shall slink away ashamed now...:blush:

No you didn't! Funny how we get so caught up in the big picture we don't see the obvious. Makes me so happy! I was trying not to be wasteful by using bottles of water, you made it super easy. (Nothing makes you more aware of your impact on the environment like a cruise.) I REALLY appreciate it!

I love all of you posts! You are one of my fav Dis'ers! :flower3:

I know you decided not to do this now but just FYI in case anyone else ever wants to know. You can pre-purchase bottled water via the stateroom gifts. (I saw you mention that above so figured I'd toss in the link)

6 Bottles - $9
24 Bottles- $35

(At least for Port Canaveral)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

It you go that route it will be waiting in your stateroom for you.

OK, found it:
water beer packages wonder 2015 P1080176 1500.jpg

Not really sure where they're getting the "save $7.80" on the 24 pack, if it's $35.00 pre-cruise purchase. Maybe it's more after embarkation day - that I don't know.

That mark up is insane!!!! I'd understand $10 that's double the price in the real world, but $39.00!!! I get a case of 40 bottles at Costco for $3.34. I'll be bringing my own bottled water. I think you should get like 2-4 complementary bottles a day like nice hotels do.

OK, found it:

Not really sure where they're getting the "save $7.80" on the 24 pack, if it's $35.00 pre-cruise purchase. Maybe it's more after embarkation day - that I don't know.

Well don't you get that little soft sided cooler if you buy them on embarkation day or is that just for beer/soda? I guess that could be worth the $4.

If you are OK with ship water, there's no need to buy another kind.

We are NOT OK with it. We cannot drink it; their version of desalination is either not UNsalinated or it messed with other electrolytes, because DH and I (who are prone to it and always have been) swell up terribly when we drink the ship water vs when we drink the bottled spring water.

(and we are eating the same regardless...and this happens on Royal, too)

I get a case of 40 bottles at Costco for $3.34.

This is relevant if the ship has changed over to Dasani.

If they are still using Evian, then it's not, because no one is getting 40 bottles of Evian for 3.34.

And if they are going with Dasani now, THAT is the same, basically, as ship water, because it's municipal water, treated, filtered, and bottled.

Spring water, however, isn't municipal water unless you live in Switzerland LOL. I don't drink Dasani especially with the possibility if it's bottled in Anaheim or Orlando. Their muni water is horrid.

Last edited:
I bought a case of water on the Wonder. Disney added an 18% gratuity to deliver to my room.

This past Disney cruise I brought Pellegrino onboard as I despise the taste of Dasani.

Interesting though that Carnival has Pelligrino as one of their water choices. I preordered Pelligrino when I went on a Carnival cruise. No delivery charge either.

So hold up....is it confirmed that DCL changed from Evian to Dasani? I agree with a previous posters comments. I will be dehydrated after a week if this is the case! ...not literally of course but very thirsty!

I read this very thing before our last cruise, that the tap water was just fine and I believed it. We filled up our water bottles with tap water and refrigerated and took on our excursion the next day. The water did not taste good. The water that comes out of the soda machine must have additional filtration or maybe the pipes on the Wonder are making the water taste funny.

I read this very thing before our last cruise, that the tap water was just fine and I believed it. We filled up our water bottles with tap water and refrigerated and took on our excursion the next day. The water did not taste good. The water that comes out of the soda machine must have additional filtration or maybe the pipes on the Wonder are making the water taste funny.
I've never noticed any difference in taste between the water from the drink stations and from the tap in our room, or from the water served in the dining rooms.

Do they have spring water for sale these days? I'm not a fan of filtered water, prefer spring water.

Can you bring bottled water on board and is there any specific rules or limits ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter