• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Tron adaptive seating

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
My mom went on Tron in the regular motorcycle seating and she didn't like it. It didn't hurt her. She had no problem with getting in the seat. She just didn't like it.

If she goes on Tron again, is she allowed to ask for the adaptive seating? Are those seats reserved specifically for people that can't fit/have a disability/etc? Or is anyone allowed to ask for that row?

My mom went on Tron in the regular motorcycle seating and she didn't like it. It didn't hurt her. She had no problem with getting in the seat. She just didn't like it.

If she goes on Tron again, is she allowed to ask for the adaptive seating? Are those seats reserved specifically for people that can't fit/have a disability/etc? Or is anyone allowed to ask for that row?
She can ask for the seating. We used it each time (DS has disability) but there were folks in line with us that didn't have anything obvious going on and they were not questioned at all. Just ask to wait for the "car" bench seat.

We used it last week. I forget what they called it already - I think it was light rider. My DS is extremely wide, so we knew we were going in asking for it. No issues whatsoever. We loved the ride from the back.

We used it last week. I forget what they called it already - I think it was light rider. My DS is extremely wide, so we knew we were going in asking for it. No issues whatsoever. We loved the ride from the back.
I didn’t know about this but I think this may enable my DH to ride. Is it like a bench seat? Curious if it is a bench I could sit on with him and then let the kids ride the regular way.

When we were there two separate days last week those seats were empty a lot of the time when we were waiting to ride. The lady who was going to ride beside me didn’t fit and they took her right back to that seat

Thanks for asking this question. I've been concerned about purchasing ILL only to find out I don't fit. Based on info I've read on line about sizes, it will be close. I think I'll just ask for the Bench seat and save myself the potential embarrassment.

I didn’t know about this but I think this may enable my DH to ride. Is it like a bench seat? Curious if it is a bench I could sit on with him and then let the kids ride the regular way.
It's not exactly a bench seat but it is 2 upright seats as opposed to the bike seating. I grabbed these pictures from a post on the disABILITIES Forum:

View attachment 738325
View attachment 738326
View attachment 738327

ETA: I'm not sure why the pictures came out as links. Sorry.

It is cool that they made it look like a race car to follow the motorcycles. It just looks like another option, not an adaptive seat. My DS can fit a motorcycle but this is a safer option for him. I sit with him.

Another plus for us is my son collects Disney ride vehicles - attractions, trams, buses, skyliner etc .... and my fear was all they had for Tron was a remote car. They went above and beyond all the current vehicles and sell the motorcycle AND the car, heavy die cast metal and they light up. The motorcycle even changes colors.

1689081976737.png

1689082137192.png

Thanks for asking this question. I've been concerned about purchasing ILL only to find out I don't fit. Based on info I've read on line about sizes, it will be close. I think I'll just ask for the Bench seat and save myself the potential embarrassment.
There's a cycle out front you walk by that you can try out if you want. Many were trying it out. Assuming I fit, I didn't even want to try that position as bad as my knees are. I rode in the "regular" seat (bench though it's not a bench lol) because of knees. The CM's don't care why you want the bench seat - if you decide it works better just ask for it.

I rode the rear adaptive seating on my last trip and the wait was minimal. And this was when the ride was brand new and the thing to do, and there still wasn't any extra wait for those seats. My reaction to the test seat out front was threefold:
(1) "That looks like a long shot given the shape I'm in."
(2) "Even if I can squeeze in (which I've done successfully at, e.g., FOP), if this ride gets stuck for any length of time, I am going to be pretty unhappy."
(3) "I saw TRON forty years ago and can't remember it, and whatever this theming is supposed to be means nothing to me, so I don't care about lightcycles." :confused:

Obviously YMMV on all of these.

Anyone can request it. I have no disabilities and I fit in the regular seat, but I did not like the feel of it when I tried the test seat, so I requested the adaptive seat.

There's a cycle out front you walk by that you can try out if you want. Many were trying it out. Assuming I fit, I didn't even want to try that position as bad as my knees are. I rode in the "regular" seat (bench though it's not a bench lol) because of knees. The CM's don't care why you want the bench seat - if you decide it works better just ask for it.

I thought I read somewhere that the test seat doesn't lock around your calves, so if you are a close fit because of your calf size, the test seat doesn't actually help -- I guess it helps if you don't fit at all, or if you clearly fit.

I'm glad to hear I can just ask for the regular seat. Thanks for responding.

I thought I read somewhere that the test seat doesn't lock around your calves, so if you are a close fit because of your calf size, the test seat doesn't actually help -- I guess it helps if you don't fit at all, or if you clearly fit.

I'm glad to hear I can just ask for the regular seat. Thanks for responding.
You may well be correct that the test seat doesn't lock - I could just tell my looking at it that it would not work for my knees! I have always been able to ride FoP (size wise - the knee is probably too bad now to do it). I know they are different rides in the way you need to fit into them however. I think - me personally - if my concern was not fitting I'd try the test seat and if that seemed ok enough I'd try the bike ride seat and if I didn't fit then I'd move to the regular chair style seat. I'm sure they have many people a day do it and you're never gonna see these people again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter