Question About Towels

Who told you at these resorts? Was it Housekeeping when you phoned them to request the packet? At OKW I was told that I couldn't get free towels by Housekeeping on the phone; that I would need to pay for them. I told them I understood about the towel pack for $6 for each pack.

We were told by the Cast Member at the front desk when we checked in.

If the free towel packs are true, that's good and bad. When I take a shower I need one for body and one for hair. I can easily see a family of 4 needing a few extra towels. However, I can already see people asking for extra packs every single day.

Keep in mind that’s all part of dues. They did say part of the increase for 2019 was “enhanced housekeeping”. I assume the daily trash pickup but if there is increased towel laundering, that will also push up dues.

I have owned for 10 years and always just asked Housekeeping if I see them in the hall for extra towels or take some from the cart or as recenty as September when we stayed at BWVs, when they came into the room when we were there asked for extra bath towels and they went to the hall and got them. I tip but they dont know that when I ask.

I will be going next week, staying at BLT and there are three adult women. We need for hair and body. Ill most certainly need extra towels and ask when I see a housekeeper in the hall.

We often will ask for extra towels and we have never been charged.

:earsboy: Bill

Just got back the 20th. We were not charged for extra laundry detergent or towels. I called the front desk and asked, and they sent some up. Never mentioned a charge, and one never showed up upon check out.

OP here....

Twice I have taken my towels out to the hall to swap them and the housekeeper said he/she had to make sure I was on the list to get towels that day before she would exchange them otherwise there would be a charge.

BWV last week...

1st, I'll start by saying we had 5 or 6 bath towels to begin with. I know it was definitely at least 5, but possibly 6. There were 3 of us in a studio.

A few days later, I went down to lobby and asked if they could confirm which day I was scheduled for towel service as I was pretty sure I was going to run out soon. He confirmed which day and then asked me how many I would need before then. I said 2 bath towels would probably be enough. 15 minutes later housekeeping knocked on my door and brought me a HUGE PILE of towels, hand towels, washcloths. I had so many I could barely fit them all on my towel racks.

My service was the next day. So, we used some that night and the next morning. When we returned to our room the next evening, they had removed our used towels, "tidied up" my piles of clean towels (hung / folded better than I had) but I cannot say if they added any additional (not that I needed any). They also left what I thought was a large amount of bath soaps, shampoos, etc on the counter. We never used any of what they brought that day as what we started with was enough.

There was no charge to my room.

My daughter had a second studio and I have no idea what she started with, or what they brought her or when. I forgot to ask. It was just her and her bf and I told them to reuse their towels 1 time each but I'm certain my D used 1 towel for body and 1 for hair. They never ran out of towels or soap or anything else for the week.

I have owned for 10 years and always just asked Housekeeping if I see them in the hall for extra towels or take some from the cart or as recenty as September when we stayed at BWVs, when they came into the room when we were there asked for extra bath towels and they went to the hall and got them. I tip but they dont know that when I ask.

I will be going next week, staying at BLT and there are three adult women. We need for hair and body. Ill most certainly need extra towels and ask when I see a housekeeper in the hall.

Did they charge you for those extra towels? I am just curious. :)

Did they charge you for those extra towels? I am just curious. :)

Absolutely not.

Just got back from BLT today, eight night stay, three adult women, my mom, my dd-25 and myself. My dd and I use two towels. One for body and ine for hair. Her hair is much longer. A couple of times, I asked Housekeeping, while in the hall, for more towels. They asked me how many. I also asked for face clothes. I had many towels. They came in and cleaned and left me more. I also asked for extra shampoo, conditioner and body wash and got a handful. Also, we went to the pool twice last week, and took a couple of towels with us back to the room.

We were never charged for the towels and always asked how many we we wanted with a smile. Service at BLT was very good.

We have never been charged for extra towels and request a few extra on each trip...we've called housekeeping, stopped at the front desk, asked a mousekeeper in the hallway, etc...this has been going on since 2010. To me, its just not that big of a deal. If they charged us $6 for a towel pack, so be it, we would pay it. I just dont think towels are reason to stress on vacation. I also dont think other members getting free towels is a reason to stress out as a DVC member...I think sometimes things can be taken far too seriously, but to each their own.

We have never been charged for extra towels and request a few extra on each trip...we've called housekeeping, stopped at the front desk, asked a mousekeeper in the hallway, etc...this has been going on since 2010. To me, its just not that big of a deal. If they charged us $6 for a towel pack, so be it, we would pay it. I just dont think towels are reason to stress on vacation. I also dont think other members getting free towels is a reason to stress out as a DVC member...I think sometimes things can be taken far too seriously, but to each their own.

Ditto.

I never even knew this was a concern until this thread. I always just take from the hall or if I see a housekeeper, I ask. Never a big deal for us.

Ditto.

I never even knew this was a concern until this thread. I always just take from the hall or if I see a housekeeper, I ask. Never a big deal for us.

We won't just take them from the cart...often Mousekeeping will have their carts set up in a certain manner and I wouldn't want to disturb that...but they have ALWAY been cordial and accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter