Question about the park's WiFi

I was in the parks for 12-13 hours today. I used my app for maxpass (pretty heavily), mobile ordering once, checking show times/wait times and entering (but not saving) ride photos. I used 263 MB. Seems too high, but that is what my iPhone is telling me since I reset the stats around 10am.

That seems like a lot. I will have to make sure I reset mine on Sunday before going. I practically live in the app while in the park.

I asked my friend who’s there today to check hers, and she was there from 9-now using Maxpass and mobile order, and she said 16MB.

Thanks, for all the comments!:thanks:
And for the input about how much data one might need... and of course for the WiFi reports...

well, I really hoped WiFi would be good enough to use the hotspots like FP machines and just walk there instead of all over the park...
but well... I guess have 2 options now:
1. decide now I wanna use maxpass for sure and use it heavily and buy that lyca mobile sim for the t mobile network... not like 25ish$ would really matter with tickets+maxpass and all that other stuff...:rolleyes1

2. just buy it for me ( for photo pass mainly) and try it out if it works for me (maybe with some pixi dust:wizard: I mean isn’t Disneyland the place where dreams come true...:rotfl:) and if it is all right I can still buy it for the rest of my party for 1-2 days... and if it doesn’t work good enough then I save some $$ for maxpass which I can invest churros or Disney merchandise...:smickey:

Uh...wait...
just another question for clarification... Do the data networks/ phone networks usually work in Disneyland? I mean those networks tend to break down or slow down if many people use it and I guess there are probably about 5 or 6 persons in Disneyland trying to use data...:rolleyes1

There are just so many problems in the modern world...:badpc:

My data is always fine in the Park. It’s 6:30 and I’ve been here since 11. So far I’ve used 57 MB so I am thinking my massive use yesterday was a fluke but it’s good to know it can happen and not know why. I’ll report back at end of day I have about 5 hours left here.

Maxpass isn’t that great for photos. There aren’t many spots that have photographers anymore. :(

Oh... really? That would be a bummer...:guilty:
Don’t they still accompany most of the characters?
I am mainly interested in the meets located at the Main Street (across from the city hall..) and Winnie the Pooh with his friends in critter country...:eeyore:pooh::tigger:

64.4 MB for the entire day. I have no clue what happened yesterday.

thanks, so 64.4 MB would cost me €184. 29 which is approx $215.65. This is just for one day. So multiply that by 3 days it would be €554.87!! holy crap :scared1:

thanks, so 64.4 MB would cost me €184. 29 which is approx $215.65. This is just for one day. So multiply that by 3 days it would be €554.87!! holy crap :scared1:

If you wanna use data in the US you should obviously get either a US Sim card or a mobile hotspot because roaming is just crazy expensive as you have just calculated...

... Don’t they still accompany most of the characters?
I am mainly interested in the meets located at the Main Street (across from the city hall..) and Winnie the Pooh with his friends in critter country...:eeyore:pooh::tigger:

PhotoPass photographers have been hit or miss with characters lately. (On the other hand, we have found photographers at some unexpected spots around the parks and gotten great photos. Go figure...) We always make sure to have our phones with us, just in case, for M&Gs. There is usually a CM or at least another guest nearby to take your photo. Keep your battery back up handy or use the fuel rod vending machines in the parks so you'll know your phone will be ready for photos any moment when the magic happens.

No

You might check Telaway. I believe they have a UK site in addition to their Canadian site. We used them for SIMs before we switched to ROAM Mobility.

I haven't been there for a couple of years now, but going back later this summer!

From what I remember, the characters on Main Street may or may not have PP photographer with them. You will have to rely on your own camera, and hopefully the characters' guide will be willing to take your picture. The picture spots will have a photographer, sometimes even more than 1, ie. the castle or the Mickey flowers by the entrance. You can also use your PP to get your ride photos too, so remember to get the photo to be added to your account, or take picture of the code so you can add it later (I think you can still do that, right?).

5 years ago, the first time I used PP+, we saw a lot of PP photographers roaming the parks. A year later, we saw less of them.
I missed the days where you can get PP+ that will cover your entire trip to DLR...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter