• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about the Disney Club....

hydster

<font color=teal>Self Proclaimed <font color=green
I went to their site about the Disney Club and it hardly tells anything about what you get! Can ANYONE tell me what you get for 40 bucks???? We are going to Disneyland in September and then on the Cruise and WDW in November...we already booked the WDW/Cruise through Dreams so I dont really need a discount on a hotel room but are there other offers???? We might stay after the cruise with some friends in Tampa and drive to Orlando a day or two after...do they give you discounts on Park passes?? What about Disneyland????

Can anyone tell me what their benefits are for the year??? I couldnt believe Disney's site didnt give you more information that kind of stinks!

Thanks!
Heidi

I just went over to the Disney Club site and took a look. There seems to be some decent information. I clicked through to "Learn More anout the Disney Club" and it took me here...

http://disneyclub.disney.go.com/dynamic/dclubtour/learnmoreindex?id=LearnMoreRoot

Take a look (maybe you already did) or even call and ask. I know you get discounts at the resorts, on board credit (sometimes), shopping at WDW (others?), dining discounts, 800 number to call, partener discounts for rental cars, etc., entertainment discounts (i.e. Disney on Ice), discount on passes, merchandise, .... We have it and have saved more than the cost at the Disney Store alone.

Also, if you had the old Magic Kingdom Club in the past or your company, credit union, etc. has a charter number, or if you have the entertainment book, you get it for $30.

Hope this helps.

I've been a member sicne August, 2001. One of the biggest things for me is that everytime you shop Disney, you get 10% off your purchases. If you shop as much as I do, it's totally worth it! I honestly can't think of what else you get besides a newletter and Entertainment disocunts and coupons, since I haven't really used any of the other stuff. I know if you call them, yuo can get more info.

Disney Hilton Head Island - 20%
Disney Vero Beach Resort - 20%
DCL onboard credit
DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney $5 off admission
AIDA - Disney Broadway Musical 10%
Beauty and the Beast On Tour - 10%
Disney Trivia Challenge CD Rom - special price
Disney Movie Collection by Mail offer - 3 free movies when you join
'For Every Party' 10% off Disney Invitations/announcements
25% on My Adventure Books
AAA - no enrollment fee and $10 off first year membership
Entertainment Access to Discounts
10% National Car Rental
WDW - Ticket Discounts
WDW - 15% off Tours
WDW - 10%-15% Miniature Golf, parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding. 20% Golf - all at select locations
20% All-Star Cafe
FREE souvenier wine glass - Portobella's Yacht Club & Fulton Crab House
20% Gospel Brunch at House of Blues
10% merchandise at Planet Hollywood
20% food/merchandise Wolfgang Puck Cafe
10% Lunch Rain Forrest Cafe

and lots, lots more......
:)

I received a $50 stateroom credit with my Disney Card. You also get a good discount on 4 and 5 day park hopper passes.

I just joined the club on last Sunday. Then, I compared the regular reservation rate with my club member ate.....$200 savings with DC. I am keeping my membership!!

I just got my Spring 2002 brochure and it no longer mentions a Disney Store discount? It is gone or was it just not listed? Or maybe I just missed it.

However, if you are loking for the best deals, the DC won't be the source. You can get a lot of those entertainment and restaurant discounts previously mentioned by using your AAA and even AMEX card, without paying extra for it. For $20 you could get your local Entertainment book and get a lot of the same offers and discounts as well. When it comes to savings on resort rooms, AAA gives you exactly the same percentage off as DC rate, while codes and AP discounts could save you more.

What none else can do is give you 10% off each time you buy at the DS. So, if you aren't a regular shopper there, maybe you can work it around and get the same savings the DC card would give you elsewhere through other sources without the need of an additional investment.

Just further info that I'd have appreciated, being someone who considers all options and minds her wallet.

wanda

AuntBJ, the 10% discount at the stores should still be part of the DC. I just used it online about 2 days ago!

Humpbacks1962, I agree that if you don't do a lot of shopping at the DS, it might not be wroth it. It definitely is for me since I do most of my shopping there!!!

The DC card also has great deals for disneyland with discounts at the resort hotels, $10 off APs, discounts off admission passes, 50% off tours, coupons/discounts for stores and restaurants at Downtown Disney, some discounts at restaurants inside Disneyland. Each of the meal/store discounts are about 10% off.
A good place to check for current offers is on
www.mousesavers.com

she lists deals for WDW and DL -- including offers if you get an AP. If you already have the entertainment book- there is a coupon for $8 off joining Disney Club. They also had a special deal for awhile with a code (now expired) for $10 off - just check out mousesavers for more info!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter