Question about red eye flight and booked room…

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
So we are coming from CA on a red eye, landing at like 7am. Initially we booked for that day and we were going to change in the lobby bathroom etc…. I decided to book the night before so when we arrive we can go right to our room.

Question is do I need to let WDW know about this or will it not matter as I will get my room number before we even leave CA?

Thanks for the help! This is the first time I’ve thought to do this after many red eyes! LOL

I think it would be helpful to call and have the Disney person make a note on your reservation to avoid any confusion. I recall some other threads where people talk about the timeframe for considering someone a 'no show', but don't recall exactly what that might be.
That’s what I thought I should do! Thanks for the quick response!

If you do online checkin, you should be fine - many other guests do the same. But it won’t hurt to call (or chat via the website).

If the flight isn't arriving until 7, definitely call - I think the turn-over to the new day and when no shows would be marked is is at 5 or 6.

If the flight isn't arriving until 7, definitely call - I think the turn-over to the new day and when no shows would be marked is is at 5 or 6.
I’ve read reports from someone here I trust that a guest isn’t marked no show until two nights pass without their opening the door to their room. (When guests do online checkin and don’t stop at the front desk to pick up a keycard, the resort knows they’ve arrived by use of MB or phone to open the door.)

We have ended up checking in -walking to our room was online check in- around 6am with no issue. This was because of a very delayed flight. You certainly can call that night and let them know however.

If you do online check-in you do not have to worry. Plus, if your reservation is fully paid, I doubt WDW would care if you do not put 1 foot in your room.

Thanks everyone! I chatted with someone today and she said nothing had to be noted, for me to just do the online check in and I will be fine!
NOPE. Do not trust Disney chat for anything, they are notoriously inaccurate. Call Disney Reservations and ask them to make a note on your reservation. I don't think you'll have issues, but with these things it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I did online check in before I arrived, and got my room number around 4 that afternoon. Granted, we were to arrive around 4 that afternoon, as I had put in my expected arrival.

Well, Southwest decided to cancel my flight 1 pm flight, and luckily got a flight that was to be 9 that night, but but delayed not much after I rebooked, to 5 am, then 3am, and, finally took off at 10, arriving at 12:30, but with luggage wait and time change that night, we arrived at the gate to our resort at 3 am. Then went straight to our room, and crashed. Was a long and stressful day. Disney said nothing to us about our much delayed arrival. And I assume they could tell when we entered our room door. So they probably knew we not a no show.

I would think, so as long as you do online check in, and state your expected arrival time, I don’t think they would care when you arrive. But as most hotels turn over their book for the next day, around 6 am, I’d probably send an email or call, to note you will be arriving early the next day, and are not a no show.

I did online check in before I arrived, and got my room number around 4 that afternoon. Granted, we were to arrive around 4 that afternoon, as I had put in my expected arrival.

Well, Southwest decided to cancel my flight 1 pm flight, and luckily got a flight that was to be 9 that night, but but delayed not much after I rebooked, to 5 am, then 3am, and, finally took off at 10, arriving at 12:30, but with luggage wait and time change that night, we arrived at the gate to our resort at 3 am. Then went straight to our room, and crashed. Was a long and stressful day. Disney said nothing to us about our much delayed arrival. And I assume they could tell when we entered our room door. So they probably knew we not a no show.

I would think, so as long as you do online check in, and state your expected arrival time, I don’t think they would care when you arrive. But as most hotels turn over their book for the next day, around 6 am, I’d probably send an email or call, to note you will be arriving early the next day, and are not a no show.
I did online checkin for a trip in a couple weeks. There was nowhere to note arrival time. Don’t know if something has changed or there was a glitch that day.

Maybe, a glitch, as I already noted in my pre registration, the expected arrival time when I had did my May trip a few days ago.

Just make sure the credit card you enter is charged the night before check in, or that’s what I saw last time I did, as I always do room only, and have the pay off amount due at check in.

Maybe, a glitch, as I already noted in my pre registration, the expected arrival time when I had did my May trip a few days ago.

Just make sure the credit card you enter is charged the night before check in, or that’s what I saw last time I did, as I always do room only, and have the pay off amount due at check in.
I just double checked my online checkin I did for our trip this Aug. You are only able to select a time AFTER 3pm. If it is before 3pm, you are on,y given the option “before 3pm”. We always take a red eye from the west coast and are typically at the resort around 8am. If there were an option to select a time before the standard dropdown menu of “before 3pm”, we would 100% make use of that feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter