Question about purchasing DVC APs....

Just People

Lurker
For those of you who've purchased APs online and got vouchers, do you know if they send you an e-mail you can print at your convinience, or do you have to print them as soon as you purchase the tickets. We are arriving at SSR this Sunday and we were thinking of purchasing the DVC discounted APs while down there. OF COURSE, we would be arriving THE DAY the prices are potentially going up!!!:headache: Anywho, we dont have a printer at home, but I could always print the vouchers at work IF I COULD just save the voucher file and print later.

I just purchased our APs yesterday for our trip in about 3 weeks. Since the trip is so close, they simply gave me a "will call" number instead of a voucher. I just have to provide that number, along with a photo ID and DVC member card, to Guest Services upon my arrival and I'll get my APs. Easy as that!

So did you buy them through the phone @ member services instead of online? Or is Will Call an online choice too?

I called Member Services and did everything over the phone. I don't know if "will call" is an on-line option. I called because I was unsure about getting the vouchers in time for our trip.

I just ordered online last night. There is a Will Call option. I printed right away, but I also got an email with order details and a link to view and print the vouchers as well.

I use the DVC will call method always and it works great. As soon as you make the online purchase you get a screen with a barcode (and tink) and confirmation number. I generally print out 2 copies of it and take them. (just in case I lose one....) I too will probably renew my pass since there is a strong rumor of an increase this weekend. I just transferred reward points to my card to make the purchase with them.

I just did this a few days ago as a last minute thing before our trip. I went to the DVC website (I think it was under Member Perks) and placed the order online. I used the Will Call option and when the transaction was completed, there was a form that you could print immediately that had a barcode on it with your purchase/will call number, which I printed. At almost the same time we received an email that confirmed our order and had the same information. I also printed the email and that copy of the form also (paranoid maybe, but can't be too careful).

When we go to WDW in two days, we just have to go to any ticketing center, present the voucher we printed, our DVC card, and the ID of the person picking up the tickets (you have to put who that will be when you purchase). If any other adults are getting APs then they also have to present ID to prove they are in the same household, so don't forget about that.

When you are at the ticketing center finalizing your purchase you can purchase a DDE card at the same time.

Yes, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that that people you are purchasing the AP's for with the DVC discount all have provable ID from the SAME HOUSEHOLD...

They must share the home address of the DVC member...

Last year I saw someone throwing a fit because they bought DVC 'member' passes and they couldn't redeem them for their kid's friends who came on the trip...

Yes, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that that people you are purchasing the AP's for with the DVC discount all have provable ID from the SAME HOUSEHOLD...

Last year I saw someone throwing a fit because they bought DVC 'member' passes and they couldn't redeem them for their kid's friends who came on the trip...

:confused3

I don't think anyone mentioned that they were buying for someone who is not eligible. But, gee, thanks for the warning.

Actually some of us do use 2 addresses. My daughter and I are both owners on my account and both our addresses are listed on the contract. She gets all of the same DVC junk mail that I get. So everyone under her address and everyone under my address can get DVC APs (as we've done in the past). As mentioned they do indeed ask for your blue membership card and picture ID for adults along with the willcall certificate. Actually when we renewed hubby's pass in May, they asked for our blue member ID 3 times, because everytime she gave it back, the next screen would prompt for it again. I like to do mine at the guest relations inside the park because I prefer to do it face to face, vs through the window.

You are right... Face to face is much better, sometimes faster...

That's a good idea on having a shared DVC ownership... Works out well...

In the situation I saw, I felt terrible for the CM at the ticket window, as she was being abused by this guest...

My kids are 5 and 8 so don't have any id for them with an address, will I need something for them to get the ap's? I am assuming the answer is no but after reading the post below I just want to be sure. Thanks!

Originally Posted by tfc3rid

Your kids do not need ID. You won't get questioned unless they have different last names from you and even then they will likely believe you if you say they are your kids living with you. The process is not that onerous. Our experience: we get renewals annually; only one of us is needed to go to guest services at a park to pick up the renewals for all four. Process may have them doing a little more verification for new APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter