• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about New Pull Down Bed in SSR Renovated Room

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
ETA - I am referring to the new small twin-sized bed that is under the TV (like in the VGF studios, etc.). We saw the rooms now have that in the youtube video we watched!

Question for those that have stayed at the new SSR rooms with the pull down bed in the living room - does the mattress come off the bed frame? We need to sleep our toddler in the master (as she goes to bed before us of course). She’s too big for a pack and play so my original thought was to use an air mattress until I remembered this bed was in the 2BR now. Wondering if we can move it into the master for our stay and then (obviously) put it back before we leave!

Last edited:
It is a queen bed. Please don't try.

I'm realizing I totally mis-represented what I was saying above. Yikes. We watched a youtube video tour of the room and there is now that small bed under the TV (twin mattress, if that). THAT is the bed I'm referring to - not the actual large murphy bed. No way does my 2 year old need THAT!

I've never seen those at SSR but my experience with them at Poly and RIV is that they are small and come off easy, they're not attached or anything. You should have no problem moving it.

SSR only has the queen bed not the twin size murphy bed.
That’s true in the studios. OP has a 2 BR, which will have both the queen and the twin Murphy beds in the living room. Unfortunately I don’t know whether the twin mattress can be removed from that Murphy because we didn’t need it and didn’t open it when we stayed in SSR 1 BR in June.

I’m not sure it can either - we used both Murphy beds at our SSR 1 Bedroom stay last July. I’ve never checked if it could be removed. Prior to installing that and when my teens were little, we traveled with an Aerobed for Kids. It is on Amazon. It easily fit in our suitcase and the portable pump and mattress worked great. It also has raised sides so they don’t roll off. We still have it ten plus years later. Perhaps that would be a better option and there is plenty of space for it in the master bedroom.

The dedicated 2 br i stayed in did not have the twin pullout under the tv. It was a refurbed unit in Congress Park. Maybe the lock-off units have it.

The dedicated 2 br i stayed in did not have the twin pullout under the tv. It was a refurbed unit in Congress Park.
That's very odd. I'd think all the living rooms were renovated the same. It's very well disguised under the TV, which looks like this:

Last edited:
That's very odd. I'd think all the living rooms were renovated the same. It's very well disguised under the TV, which looks like this:
View attachment 605821
My stay was February’20. There was only a small cabinet under the tv, not the Murphy bed. It was a dedicated 2br if that makes a difference.

We had a dedicated 2BR unit in the Paddock and it did have the twin sized fold out bed under the TV in the living room. It was actually pretty comfortable.

My stay was February’20. There was only a small cabinet under the tv, not the Murphy bed. It was a dedicated 2br if that makes a difference.
In February 2020, that would have been during some of the earlier refurb units. I wonder whether they may just have had a delay in getting some of those beds but wanted to get the room back in inventory and came back and installed the twin drop down unit later. It's not a built-in fixture (although it is secured to the wall) so the room could easily be completed absent the drop down.

There was a short period of time where there some issues with the pull down beds and DVC did not allow use of them. I think one came off the wall and folded up with someone inside. I wonder if some were removed awaking replacements.

It is a queen bed. Please don't try.

They are referring to the twin/single size mattress that folds down from under the TV in the 1BR and 2BR living room area.

Yes this can be removed and placed on the floor in the master. Just pull it out from under the straps in the picture below and it will lift right up.

We had a dedicated 2BR August 2020 and it had this bed.

Attachments

• saratoga-springs-resort-hotel-dvc-disney-world-431.jpg
    saratoga-springs-resort-hotel-dvc-disney-world-431.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 44
Thanks everyone for the input! I think we're going to try and take the mattress out and put it in the master in lieu of the air mattress route!

its a shame not all the dedicated 2BR in all resorts have these! We're hoping for a GF in May and will need to do the air mattress route that trip. :(

Thanks everyone for the input! I think we're going to try and take the mattress out and put it in the master in lieu of the air mattress route!

its a shame not all the dedicated 2BR in all resorts have these! We're hoping for a GF in May and will need to do the air mattress route that trip. :(
The VGF have that style bed in the living room along with a sofa bed . It should work the same way you're planning for SSR; you just need to carry it into a bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter