Question about "Motion" Smilies

This has been a good thread for me. I am having the exact same problem....some work, some don't, I have Earthlink and I use the pop-up blocker and the accelerator. Up until about 2 weeks ago, everything "danced around" fine and all the smilies moved. Now none do. I will have to try shutting these things off and see if my action comes back. I thought perhaps I needed to download an upgrade to a program in my computer or something. Thanks for sharing....

Nope, still not working. What might I need to update? Would that be Flash for the smilies action??

Flash would have nothing to do with the smilies. It's not a bad idea to have the most current version though.

Other than shutting off anything that alters IE in any way, I don't know where else to point you.

JC

If you read back through the thread, you'll see that when I had the problem, I also had to delete my temporary internet files after disabling the accelerator and the pop-up blocker. Did you do this also? I'm thinking maybe you just shut off the extras.

I empty the cookies and both temp files every time I sign off on the internet. I don't know what has happened. My computer used to show the motion until a couple of weeks ago. Then everything stopped and I just can't figure out why. But, thanks....

Originally posted by mtblujeans
I empty the cookies and both temp files every time I sign off on the internet.

How?

I would go directly to the folder and remove them by selecting them all and hitting "delete". The buttons labled "Delete all temporary Internet fiiles" don't work correctly and neither do applications that say they are doing it for you every time you log off (Tweak UI is an example).

JC

Yes, that is what I do. I have found that Earthlink also has a cookie folder in its program. So, I manually empty 2 cookie folders, 1 temp folder, and 1 temporary internet folder every time I sign off the internet. I am thinking about uninstalling IE and reinstalling that. I am wondering if Earthlink has downloaded something into my IE that is not compatible with my computer. I have Windows 98 and will not upgrade as I do not care for XP and I don't know as much about it as I do 98.

I am finding that if I right click on the page, click on 'Refresh Page With Full Quality', some of the smilies will work. But, I don't understand why that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter