Question about modifying party size

sking5844

Mouseketeer
My wife, son and I were going to go down for what I am calling a “kindermoon” in May before he starts real school this fall. We wanted to spend some time with just him without his sister before his schedule starts becoming dictated by sports and school.

Well, we found out this week my wife is pregnant and she told me she has no real desire to go anymore now that she can’t really (or just doesn’t want to risk anything) ride many of the rides or be out in the miserable heat all day. However, she still wants me to take him on my own as a boys trip. We think it will be especially good to spend a little more time with him before school and before the baby comes.

So, with that long backstory out of the way, here is my question. How should I handle modifying my package? Should I just call and modify it all or would that risk messing up the fast passes I have? I was thinking of modifying the FPs first and then calling guest services so they don’t get cancelled by mistake when the numbers of tickets don’t match the number in my FP bookings.

Thoughts or advice here?

Last edited:
You can't reduce the number on the FP now. Used to could but they removed the ability
I'd just call and see what GS says.

You can't reduce the number on the FP now. Used to could but they removed the ability
I'd just call and see what GS says.
Cancel can be used to Save for the 2 actual guests and remove the wife’s.

That would be safer to do prior to altering the reservation.

My wife, son and I were going to go down for what I am calling a “kindermoon” in May before he starts real school this fall. We wanted to spend some time with just him without his sister before his schedule starts becoming dictated by sports and school.

Well, we found out this week my wife is pregnant and she told me she has no real desire to go anymore now that she can’t really (or just doesn’t want to risk anything) ride many of the rides or be out in the miserable heat all day. However, she still wants me to take him on my own as a boys trip. We think it will be especially good to spend a little more time with him before school and before the baby comes.

So, with that long backstory out of the way, here is my question. How should I handle modifying my package? Should I just call and modify it all or would that risk messing up the fast passes I have? I was thinking of modifying the FPs first and then calling guest services so they don’t get cancelled by mistake when the numbers of tickets don’t match the number in my FP bookings.

Thoughts or advice here?
Hmmm...could you modify only your wife’s FPs to just anything. Leave the FPs for yourself and son as they are. Then cancel the FPs you made for your wife. That way, when her name is removed from the reservation, there would be no FPs associated with her name.

As PP's have said, you can go in and cancel your wife's FP+ and not touch yours or your son's. You can also simply call WDW and remove your wife from the reservation. Removing her won't affect your FP+. We had to remove a member of our party last year after our FP+ were made. None of the other FP+ were affected. Fp+'s are attached to individual profiles, not groups of people or resort reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter