Question about MNSSHP only tickets and FP+...

FWIW, the FP+s associated with the MNSSHP tickets can be booked any time of the day, not just from 4-7. Ours are at 10:35-11:35, 11:40-12:40, and 5:00-6:00. The system just sees that you have an entitlement for the day to which FP+ can be connected, it doesn't restrict you in when you book those FP+s.

Just don't try to book a FP+ that includes a timeframe after 6:30PM.
Disney has been canceling those.

FWIW, the FP+s associated with the MNSSHP tickets can be booked any time of the day, not just from 4-7. Ours are at 10:35-11:35, 11:40-12:40, and 5:00-6:00. The system just sees that you have an entitlement for the day to which FP+ can be connected, it doesn't restrict you in when you book those FP+s.

But then how would you use the FP+ if it's not linked to your magic bands? What do you swipe to get in the fast pass line? I'm confused, but would love to figure this out for our trip.

But then how would you use the FP+ if it's not linked to your magic bands? What do you swipe to get in the fast pass line? I'm confused, but would love to figure this out for our trip.

That's why jtowntoflorida said she's using the actual ticket - all tickets can be used to access FP because they're RFID-enabled. People staying offsite don't get magic bands unless they want to purchase them, but they don't need them.

Yep, I will just swipe my actual ticket to redeem those 3 FP+. They are in MDE, but just not attached to MY magic band only the ticket (rather they are for my middle names phantom self). Also, I think realistically that the wait times will be lower on party days (at least according to crowd calendars b/c less people want to be at a park that closes early?). It is a pain to have to have to keep track of and then swipe our hard tickets, especially since we have been trained with the magic band. I don't think that having those extra 3 FP is a super huge deal, but since we are going on Halloween and the party is already sold old.....

As far as loosing your already made FP if you were to reassign your tickets, I have no idea but I probably wouldn't risk it. Maybe someone else can suggest how to do this. After all, I couldn't even figure out that our phantom family couldn't book FP+ yet because we were not within our 30 day window!

Thanks for the insight that the times don't have to be during the party, especially since we will be there around 10 a.m. anyway with our park ticket. Nice to know I can make the FP+ anytime before 6:30!

Just don't try to book a FP+ that includes a timeframe after 6:30PM.
Disney has been canceling those.

As far as I could tell, this glitch (allowing FP+s to be booked after 6:30) was fixed by the time my FP+ window opened. The last window I saw on any party day was 5:30-6:30.

When I ordered the MNSSHP ticket, I had them ship me an actual ticket rather than picking Will Call or Print at Home. I'll have the physical ticket to redeem my FP+s associated with that ticket.

It's really not hard. Go into MDE. Click Add a Family Member. Make up alteregos for your family members (I used our middle names). Then buy your party tickets and assign them to the alterego names rather than the "real" names in MDE. When your FP+ window opens, you'll be able to book FP+s for ALL of the people in your group--the real names, plus the alteregos.

Thanks for the explanation! I don't have to worry about making alter-ego/phantom names because we are only going to the party that night. I was just wondering if you use the physical ticket to swipe to get in the FP+ line (instead of a magic band) - and it seems that's how it works. :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter