Question about MNSSHP only tickets and FP+...

Well I read a post that said you could get FP+ for MNSSHP between 4 and 7, but when I called they said they took that "glitch" out of the system and with only a MNSSHP ticket, you will not get FP+. And sure enough, when I log into MDE, I see the tickets but when I go to make FP+ there is no "person" to choose a FP+ for.

Wondering if anyone was able to work the system without a valid park ticket....

Don't need it, but the tickets are so expensive it would've been a nice "perk"!

Thanks for any input!

Not a good plan to "call Disney" with a question about park operations.
The "phone CM's" don't know anything, but they are happy to "make something up" to tell you.

I was able to do it for my dad, but now I'm totally confused as to what will happen when we do add in his park ticket. We're all planning MK the day of the party but only 6 of the 7 of us have park tickets (he's in Florida and has this "I'll wait" attitude). So when I booked the FP+ for the 6 of us, I was able to copy one of us into his FP+. So now I don't know if our FP+ are attached to our park tickets or our MNSSHP tickets. Obviously his has to be attached to the party ticket. I'm tempted to give us nicknames to create additional family members and assign the party tickets to those. But then I don't know what will happen to the FPs. I've somehow managed to thoroughly confuse myself.

I was able to do it for my dad, but

1. now I'm totally confused as to what will happen when we do add in his park ticket.
We're all planning MK the day of the party but only 6 of the 7 of us have park tickets (he's in Florida and has this "I'll wait" attitude).
2. So when I booked the FP+ for the 6 of us, I was able to copy one of us into his FP+. So now 3. I don't know if our FP+ are attached to our park tickets or our MNSSHP tickets. Obviously his has to be attached to the party ticket.
4. I'm tempted to give us nicknames to create additional family members and assign the party tickets to those. But then I don't know what will happen to the FPs. I've somehow managed to thoroughly confuse myself.

1. Don't worry about it.
2. If he does buy a ticket for MK that day before 4PM, you can use the FP he has now without doing anything at all. Nothing changes.
3. The FPs are not linked to any individual ticket.
4. No need. If any of your group has FPs booked now on party day, regardless of tickets,
those FPs can be used.
And, if any of your group has BOTH party tickets and MK tickets, those folks cannot have more than 3 advance FP+ that day, regardless of which tickets (one or both) they use that day.

1. Don't worry about it.
2. If he does buy a ticket for MK that day before 4PM, you can use the FP he has now without doing anything at all. Nothing changes.
3. The FPs are not linked to any individual ticket.
4. No need. If any of your group has FPs booked now on party day, regardless of tickets,
those FPs can be used.
And, if any of your group has BOTH party tickets and MK tickets, those folks cannot have more than 3 advance FP+ that day, regardless of which tickets (one or both) they use that day.

Thanks for the response. I think I'm still confused as to if the FPs are on our physical party ticket or our magic bands (or are they on both?). Am I right in assuming our Magic Bands are all we'll need to enter the party? We're all staying on-site (even my dad with his no tickets 8-) ). I kind of figured we'd have our physical party tickets on us just in case. I thought I read in the other thread you can scan those at the FP locations...

Thanks for the response. I think I'm still confused as to if the FPs are on our physical party ticket or our magic bands (or are they on both?).

Neither. The FPs are on your MDE account. They're not attached to a specific ticket, and the magic bands are just a way to access the information on your MDE account.

You'll need to link the party tickets to your account/magic band. Otherwise you'll need to bring them with you to the park to gain entrance.

so we will not link the party tickets to our magic bands, because otherwise the system will know that we already had 3 FP+ for the day and would not give us anymore. since we have a separate admission with the party, we can get 3 additional tickets. but we then have to carry our tickets with us (plastics cards) to swipe on the mickey heads...

right?

Wrong. The only way you can get three additional FPs with the party tickets is to create a second set of MDE profiles.

I am going on 10/31. We are also going to be at MK that day, so I created duplicates in MDE for each of my family members (used their middle names!) and then assigned the MNSSHP to the "second family". This "second family" does not show up when I click on make FP+ reservations.

We are staying on site so I can make FP+ for my family, but my "second family" obviously is not.

AHH, that is why! BECAUSE ARE TICKETS ARE NOT LINKED TO PEOPLE STAYING ON SITE! Makes perfect sense!

Okay, will try on October 1st! Yippee! I'll let you know then!

THANKS!

I have our MNSSHP assigned to phantoms (additional family members using our middle names) and was able to book at 60 days for the phantoms.

so we will not link the party tickets to our magic bands, because otherwise the system will know that we already had 3 FP+ for the day and would not give us anymore. since we have a separate admission with the party, we can get 3 additional tickets. but we then have to carry our tickets with us (plastics cards) to swipe on the mickey heads...

right?

Yes.

In MDE, you need to set up "fake" family members to assign the MNSSHP to. I used our middle names. Then assign the MNSSHP tickets to them instead of to the "real" family members in MDE. You should be able to make 3 FP+ selections on your party day using both your regular admission (for your "real" family members) and your MNSSHP tickets (for your "fake" family members). To redeem the FP+s for the fake family, you need a physical MNSSHP ticket, otherwise you have no way of accessing the FP+ entitlements connected to the MNSSHP ticket. I had them ship me the physical ticket because I don't want to deal with questions from CMs once we arrive at Disney.

Yes.

In MDE, you need to set up "fake" family members to assign the MNSSHP to. I used our middle names. Then assign the MNSSHP tickets to them instead of to the "real" family members in MDE. You should be able to make 3 FP+ selections on your party day using both your regular admission (for your "real" family members) and your MNSSHP tickets (for your "fake" family members). To redeem the FP+s for the fake family, you need a physical MNSSHP ticket, otherwise you have no way of accessing the FP+ entitlements connected to the MNSSHP ticket. I had them ship me the physical ticket because I don't want to deal with questions from CMs once we arrive at Disney.

Since I've already made FP reservations for my party of 7 what happens if I reassign the MNSSHP tickets to phantom people? Do the FPs stay with my park tickets since those people have not changed? I've got some good rides that I don't want to lose. I do have all the physical tickets for the party.

I suppose my dad is the complicating factor since he's only got a party ticket. Maybe I need to start harassing him to buy his ticket so I can have control of all this.

Since I've already made FP reservations for my party of 7 what happens if I reassign the MNSSHP tickets to phantom people? Do the FPs stay with my park tickets since those people have not changed? I've got some good rides that I don't want to lose. I do have all the physical tickets for the party.

I suppose my dad is the complicating factor since he's only got a party ticket. Maybe I need to start harassing him to buy his ticket so I can have control of all this.

I have no idea. My experience was setting up the phantoms before I ever purchased my MNSSHP tickets or made FP+ reservations. I haven't done anything else. You'll just have to decide whether the risk associated with possibly losing those FP+s is worth the reward of having 6 prebooked FP+s per person per day.

I have no idea. My experience was setting up the phantoms before I ever purchased my MNSSHP tickets or made FP+ reservations. I haven't done anything else. You'll just have to decide whether the risk associated with possibly losing those FP+s is worth the reward of having 6 prebooked FP+s per person per day.

Thanks for the help. Honestly, I doubt I'll even do it. I don't think we'll even do any rides during the party so no need for the FPs. But I just want to know my options. :)

Thanks for the help. Honestly, I doubt I'll even do it. I don't think we'll even do any rides during the party so no need for the FPs. But I just want to know my options. :)

Just to be clear, no FPs can be booked or used DURING the parties.

Just to be clear, no FPs can be booked or used DURING the parties.

Yeah, yet another reason why it's probably not worth it for us. Since we're spending the day at MK, I see no reason to be at the party at 4pm to use extra fast passes. I think we'll probably leave at 4 and go back to the hotel to change. So just a waste of time and stress on my part to get the extra ones.

Yeah, yet another reason why it's probably not worth it for us. Since we're spending the day at MK, I see no reason to be at the party at 4pm to use extra fast passes. I think we'll probably leave at 4 and go back to the hotel to change. So just a waste of time and stress on my part to get the extra ones.

FWIW, the FP+s associated with the MNSSHP tickets can be booked any time of the day, not just from 4-7. Ours are at 10:35-11:35, 11:40-12:40, and 5:00-6:00. The system just sees that you have an entitlement for the day to which FP+ can be connected, it doesn't restrict you in when you book those FP+s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter