Question about listing for new resale website (the former DVC salesman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem a a little less shady if you put "test" next to the listings that are not real. Instead you have "pending sale", which is misleading the consumer.
We contacted our web developer this afternoon, so that he could add that option....we didn't think it was an 'issue' until today. Building a web site is not like pressing delete on a keypad and changing the words....and we aren't web designers. This is a new business with a HUGE learning curve, and each day we're learning. We've made mistakes, but we're trying our best. The Disney Vacation Club doesn't keep people on their team for 22 years who aren't honest and ethical.

Mark was my first and only guide for my non-resale Disney contracts. I was a bit sad when I heard he left Disney. I am now looking forward to working with him again for any resales I purchase in the next few years for my children that now have children. I am sure once Mark and his wife, Lori, get the hang of the Disney resale business they will be a very helpful source for all our Disney membership needs.

I tried to put in an offer of purchase on the website but was unable to set up an account. I immediately pressed the chat button and Lori and Mark responded immediately and fixed the problem.
There was a quick response to my offer etc. Communication and customer service has been excellent thus far and I do not hesitate in doing business with them.
Every business...even a large corporation like Disney has website issues...but the customer service I have received from Mark was outstanding.
Now just waiting for seller to sign contract and then the dreaded wait for DVD's Decision re ROFR.
Here I go again.

It would seem a a little less shady if you put "test" next to the listings that are not real. Instead you have "pending sale", which is misleading the consumer.

If you are reading "pending sale" next to a listing (on that site or any other) to indicate that there is a pending sale at the listing price, you are going to be badly misled in any case. That flag only indicates that the listed property is in the process of being sold, not the price of the sale. For example, each of the contracts that I bought were sold at prices materially lower than the listing price but were shown on the listing site as "sale pending" from the time the contracts were signed until closing. For real selling prices, look at the ROFR thread or compute the prices from filed deeds.

If you are reading "pending sale" next to a listing (on that site or any other) to indicate that there is a pending sale at the listing price, you are going to be badly misled in any case. That flag only indicates that the listed property is in the process of being sold, not the price of the sale. For example, each of the contracts that I bought were sold at prices materially lower than the listing price but were shown on the listing site as "sale pending" from the time the contracts were signed until closing. For real selling prices, look at the ROFR thread or compute the prices from filed deeds.

I have bought and sold quite a bit, so I am aware of how it works. My point isn't about the sales price, it is about this particular company putting a bunch of fake listings on their site and passing them off as real ( presumably to give their brand new company a presence in the market). After it was made public, they tried to explain that they were "testing". It seems to me, they are a new company trying to look as if overnight they have tons of listings and sales, that is what I think is dishonest, and why I personally wouldn't want to do business with them. On another note, ROFR threads are NOT an accurate measure of what is really being sold- many people accidentally make honest mistakes, and others ( for reasons I don't understand) put in false ROFR details ( much like the $119 pp GF listing that passed ROFR). I know that you are new to the boards, coincidentally around the same time as the company we are discussing was formed, so I just wanted to make sure you know not to put too much weight into what the ROFR threads say (although, I concede that 95% is accurate).

I have bought and sold quite a bit, so I am aware of how it works. My point isn't about the sales price, it is about this particular company putting a bunch of fake listings on their site and passing them off as real ( presumably to give their brand new company a presence in the market). After it was made public, they tried to explain that they were "testing". It seems to me, they are a new company trying to look as if overnight they have tons of listings and sales, that is what I think is dishonest, and why I personally wouldn't want to do business with them. On another note, ROFR threads are NOT an accurate measure of what is really being sold- many people accidentally make honest mistakes, and others ( for reasons I don't understand) put in false ROFR details ( much like the $119 pp GF listing that passed ROFR). I know that you are new to the boards, coincidentally around the same time as the company we are discussing was formed, so I just wanted to make sure you know not to put too much weight into what the ROFR threads say (although, I concede that 95% is accurate).
Seen some (shockingly) sweet deals pass on the ROFR thread. How do you know the $119 pp GF one was false? Are you saying that some posters submit false data? What would be the reason?

Hi Everyone! My name is Lori Webb, and my husband Mark recently left the Disney Vacation Club after selling Memberships for the past 22 years. Our desire in starting this business is to create a place for people to buy and sell points at a fair price, and to treat people with the utmost integrity. As many of you can imagine, starting a new business isn't easy. Building a website has many challenges, and we are attempting to make our site innovative while still making it user friendly. Have we had some bumps along the way? Absolutely! Most new businesses do. But rest assured that we are working tirelessly to make it the best it can be. Yes, the Hilton Head Island listings on our site are there as test data only. Notice they are all 100pt. pkgs for $100/point. We believed those listing would basically get no attention at that price, and give us data to use with our web developers. We apologize for any confusion. As for some of the higher priced listings....yes, some sellers believe their membership to be worth more, and that's their prerogative.
Unlike some others in this business, Mark left Disney in good standing. He has always been well-respected by his co-workers, and I am proud of his honestly and work ethic.
We need to keep one or two HHI packages listed at that $100/point, so that we can continue to test our automated system.
We appreciate your patience as we begin this new adventure! We hope one day to earn your business!

ThwZ3Bn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter