• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Kidani Studio

Thank you all for the responses. I have spent countless hours helping this family member plan this trip. There have been a few occasions when I felt like my help wasn't truly appreciated, but this was the icing on the cake. I had told her a month ago that the limit was 4 plus 1 under the age of 3. There was no further discussion. Then I got a text today saying she had called Kidani Village who told her that the two infants didn't count, so she would really have only 4 people since that's how many would be in the beds. Just the fact that she called after I had given her the information shows how little trust she has in me. She even accused me of being close-minded because I wouldn't take the time to double-check. Uh, I did try to call, but they were closed today. I am done helping her plan this trip since she obviously doesn't believe the information I give, and I have told her so. I will NEVER rent my points again, and unfortunately, will hesitate if ever asked to plan a trip. I really wanted to do something along the lines of planning Disney trips in a few years when I retire, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth; it sure sucked the fun out of it. But I am helping another family (not mine) plan a trip for around the same time frame, and they have been nothing but complimentary and appreciative. Live and learn, I guess.

If I were you, I'd cancel the reservation and refund her money so you don't get in trouble with DVC. Tell her you have given her the proof in writing from DVC that she cannot have two under the age of three that do not count towards occupancy. If she won't believe that, she can book her own stay.

So sorry you're dealing with this. When it's a family member, it's especially hard because you (we all) worry about future relations. I'm so sorry she doesn't seem to have clue how timeshares work. No, you can't rent it for that many people, but I feel for you. Tough situation. People that don't own timeshares just don't (sometimes)understand the rules we go by.

Thank you all for the responses. I have spent countless hours helping this family member plan this trip. There have been a few occasions when I felt like my help wasn't truly appreciated, but this was the icing on the cake. I had told her a month ago that the limit was 4 plus 1 under the age of 3. There was no further discussion. Then I got a text today saying she had called Kidani Village who told her that the two infants didn't count, so she would really have only 4 people since that's how many would be in the beds. Just the fact that she called after I had given her the information shows how little trust she has in me. She even accused me of being close-minded because I wouldn't take the time to double-check. Uh, I did try to call, but they were closed today. I am done helping her plan this trip since she obviously doesn't believe the information I give, and I have told her so. I will NEVER rent my points again, and unfortunately, will hesitate if ever asked to plan a trip. I really wanted to do something along the lines of planning Disney trips in a few years when I retire, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth; it sure sucked the fun out of it. But I am helping another family (not mine) plan a trip for around the same time frame, and they have been nothing but complimentary and appreciative. Live and learn, I guess.

If I were you, I'd cancel the reservation and refund her money so you don't get in trouble with DVC. Tell her you have given her the proof in writing from DVC that she cannot have two under the age of three that do not count towards occupancy. If she won't believe that, she can book her own stay.

I have to admit it was very, very tempting!!! I had decided if she was snarky again about it, I was going to threaten to do just that. But I was hoping it didn't go that far for the reason SamSam gave below. She is family, and I want to avoid future problems. I also don't want my points to go into holding as there's a good chance they will be lost before we can use them.

I did call MS today, and they told me the exact same thing all of you are telling me. She is not allowed to add another individual to the reservation. They were not able to send me an email as confirmation though. I sent her a text stating just that along with a link to Baymont Inn that's less than two miles from AKV that has availability and a very reasonable rate. Her response was, "Thank you." She has agreed in a previously signed written contract and verbally yesterday that she will not break the rules because she doesn't want to get me "in trouble with Disney." I hope she is telling the truth. From this point on, I will not be wasting any more of my time on this trip. The only reason I researched the off-site hotel was to give her an easy option to reduce the chance she will break the rules. We shall see.

So sorry you're dealing with this. When it's a family member, it's especially hard because you (we all) worry about future relations. I'm so sorry she doesn't seem to have clue how timeshares work. No, you can't rent it for that many people, but I feel for you. Tough situation. People that don't own timeshares just don't (sometimes)understand the rules we go by.

I...She has agreed in a previously signed written contract and verbally yesterday that she will not break the rules because she doesn't want to get me "in trouble with Disney." I hope she is telling the truth. ....

Well, if she does get in trouble and is asked to leave or book a one bedroom villa, she will be the one whining at the end. Hope it all works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter