• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Kidani Studio

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I am needing to know if you can fit 3 adults, 1 3-yr-old, and 2 1-yr-old twins in a Kidani studio. I would NEVER recommend this, but the person who rented my points wants to do this. I just want to make sure it doesn't break accomodation rules.

A studio at AKV Kidani Village can only accommodate 4 plus one under the age of 3.

We have six in our family....two adults, two eight year olds, and two one year olds. We are staying there in November and had to get a one bedroom. Four plus an infant is allowed in a studio. Even though two of the people are infants, five is the max. There are no studios that would allow this.

Your main issue is the mass amount of space 3 cribs would take up. I don't see it in a studio. A one bedroom maybe .. maybe

A studio at AKV Kidani Village can only accommodate 4 plus one under the age of 3.

That's what I thought, and that's the information I gave. What happened was she called Kidani Village (I guess not trusting the informatio I gave), and they told her the twins wouldn't count since they are under 3, and the 3 adults with the 3-yr-old would count as 4, so this would be allowed. I have tried calling Member Services, but they are closed today. This reservation was made 11 months out with 2 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants, and now she is wanting to add an extra adult.

That's what I thought, and that's the information I gave. What happened was she called Kidani Village (I guess not trusting the informatio I gave), and they told her the twins wouldn't count since they are under 3, and the 3 adults with the 3-yr-old would count as 4, so this would be allowed.

The listed phone number for the resort is actually an off-site (maybe out of state) call center. Those call center CMs may not know what DVC's policy is regarding occupancy.

The DVC on-line booking system will not allow it. It returns the following error:
The room type selected cannot accommodate your travel party. Please make another selection.

The information you have received here is correct. There are ZERO circumstances where 6 people would be allowed in a studio. They all have to be listed on the reservation (even the infants) if they want to use DME.

I would advise your renter that the studio will not work with the addition of the extra adult. Their options would be to upgrade to a standard or savanna view 1BR (if available) or cancel the reservation. I would not allow them to keep a studio reservation knowing that they will be exceeding the allowed occupancy. DVC could hold you accountable as the point owner and that is not a risk I would be willing to take.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The information you have received here is correct. There are ZERO circumstances where 6 people would be allowed in a studio. They all have to be listed on the reservation (even the infants) if they want to use DME.

I would advise your renter that the studio will not work with the addition of the extra adult. Their options would be to upgrade to a standard or savanna view 1BR (if available) or cancel the reservation. I would not allow them to keep a studio reservation knowing that they will be exceeding the allowed occupancy. DVC could hold you accountable as the point owner and that is not a risk I would be willing to take.

I agree. If you got the renter through David or someone else, contact them and inform them of the situation and your need to cancel the reservation or revise it. If you got the renter yourself, just let them know you are returning their deposit and canceling the reservation.

Can anyone direct me on where exactly to find this information. I have found it in my contract that there is a limit of 4 in a studio but it doesn't say anything about "plus one under 3." My renter is questioning my information, and I need proof. Thanks!

Can anyone direct me on where exactly to find this information. I have found it in my contract that there is a limit of 4 in a studio but it doesn't say anything about "plus one under 3." My renter is questioning my information, and I need proof. Thanks!

The renter is questioning the owner's info? Eek.

I you go to make a reservation and enter in all those people, it won't let you make the reservation. Period. There's the info.

The renter is questioning the owner's info? Eek.

I you go to make a reservation and enter in all those people, it won't let you make the reservation. Period. There's the info.

She thinks that it's different if you call than if you do it online. I plan on calling tomorrow since they are closed today. But I think I will need written confirmation since she isn't believing the information I've provided her. Unfortunately, this renter is a family member. :sad1: Never again!!!

She thinks that it's different if you call than if you do it online. I plan on calling tomorrow since they are closed today. But I think I will need written confirmation since she isn't believing the information I've provided her. Unfortunately, this renter is a family member. :sad1: Never again!!!

They are permitted ONE child under the age of three. Any additional children under the age of three will count towards occupancy. Technically, even the one under three is counted towards room occupancy and it is just something Disney allows.

If you have the newest "Living the Magic" 2013-2014 Vacation Planner (shows the number of points required for each season and each location), on each resort page (Specifically Kidani Village on Page 18) it tells you this:

Kidani Village Accomodations:
Deluxe Studio
Sleeps up to four Guests, 1 queen sized bed, 1 double sized sleeper sofa, 1 bathroom, kitchenette.
Then at the bottom of the page is says this:

Each Villa also accomodates one child under age 3 in a portable crib

Whatever is in writing outweighs whatever is spoken over the phone.

Your main issue is the mass amount of space 3 cribs would take up. I don't see it in a studio. A one bedroom maybe .. maybe

I agree a studio even at OKW will not work.

Three cribs work in a 1BR at BLT, even numbered room, because my nephew and his family stayed at BLT and all three kids in their pack 'n plays (1 year old and 2 twins age 2) slept in the MBR with the parents. It was crowded, but they all fit. They could have had the kids easily be in the living room. But chose to have adult time there after the kids were asleep.

I think at Kidani it might be tighter. Because the even numbered rooms at BLT are slightly pie shaped the rooms are bigger than you expect based on the square footage. But between the MBR and the living room you'd have enough space.

I agree a studio even at OKW will not work.

Three cribs work in a 1BR at BLT, even numbered room, because my nephew and his family stayed at BLT and all three kids in their pack 'n plays (1 year old and 2 twins age 2) slept in the MBR with the parents. It was crowded, but they all fit. They could have had the kids easily be in the living room. But chose to have adult time there after the kids were asleep.

I think at Kidani it might be tighter. Because the even numbered rooms at BLT are slightly pie shaped the rooms are bigger than you expect based on the square footage. But between the MBR and the living room you'd have enough space.

You'd never get three pnp in an odd numbered room at BLT. Much smaller.

They are permitted ONE child under the age of three. Any additional children under the age of three will count towards occupancy. Technically, even the one under three is counted towards room occupancy and it is just something Disney allows.

If you have the newest "Living the Magic" 2013-2014 Vacation Planner (shows the number of points required for each season and each location), on each resort page (Specifically Kidani Village on Page 18) it tells you this:

Then at the bottom of the page is says this:

Whatever is in writing outweighs whatever is spoken over the phone.

Thanks!!! I found the information and have sent a copy to her. I still plan on calling. I just hope MS can email me with witten confirmation, because I get the feeling I need all the proof I can get.

Thanks!!! I found the information and have sent a copy to her. I still plan on calling. I just hope MS can email me with witten confirmation, because I get the feeling I need all the proof I can get.

Your FAMILY is being this difficult??? :eek:

Tell her she just talked to a call center somewhere not really familiar with the rules. You gave her the rules in writing. End of story. She needs a one bedroom or books it herself using cash directly from Disney. There is no further discussion.

Tell her she just talked to a call center somewhere not really familiar with the rules. You gave her the rules in writing. End of story. She needs a one bedroom or books it herself using cash directly from Disney. There is no further discussion.

...and if she tries to book a studio with cash direct from CRO, they will tell her that 5 people is the limit as well....and I doubt they will send her anything in writing;)

Thank you all for the responses. I have spent countless hours helping this family member plan this trip. There have been a few occasions when I felt like my help wasn't truly appreciated, but this was the icing on the cake. I had told her a month ago that the limit was 4 plus 1 under the age of 3. There was no further discussion. Then I got a text today saying she had called Kidani Village who told her that the two infants didn't count, so she would really have only 4 people since that's how many would be in the beds. Just the fact that she called after I had given her the information shows how little trust she has in me. She even accused me of being close-minded because I wouldn't take the time to double-check. Uh, I did try to call, but they were closed today. I am done helping her plan this trip since she obviously doesn't believe the information I give, and I have told her so. I will NEVER rent my points again, and unfortunately, will hesitate if ever asked to plan a trip. I really wanted to do something along the lines of planning Disney trips in a few years when I retire, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth; it sure sucked the fun out of it. But I am helping another family (not mine) plan a trip for around the same time frame, and they have been nothing but complimentary and appreciative. Live and learn, I guess.

Thank you all for the responses. I have spent countless hours helping this family member plan this trip. There have been a few occasions when I felt like my help wasn't truly appreciated, but this was the icing on the cake. I had told her a month ago that the limit was 4 plus 1 under the age of 3. There was no further discussion. Then I got a text today saying she had called Kidani Village who told her that the two infants didn't count, so she would really have only 4 people since that's how many would be in the beds. Just the fact that she called after I had given her the information shows how little trust she has in me. She even accused me of being close-minded because I wouldn't take the time to double-check. Uh, I did try to call, but they were closed today. I am done helping her plan this trip since she obviously doesn't believe the information I give, and I have told her so. I will NEVER rent my points again, and unfortunately, will hesitate if ever asked to plan a trip. I really wanted to do something along the lines of planning Disney trips in a few years when I retire, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth; it sure sucked the fun out of it. But I am helping another family (not mine) plan a trip for around the same time frame, and they have been nothing but complimentary and appreciative. Live and learn, I guess.

I gotta say, that is some special kind of gall to be making ridiculous demands of you when you've made a reservation for her at your timeshare.

And where the heck is she going to put 3 little ones in a studio that already has 3 adults in it? Is she going to stack them up on the empty half of the sofabed like cordwood? Or put one in a crib, one on the closet shelf and one in the tub?

Lordy. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter