Question about Halloween Party

anne930

DIS Veteran
I realize no-one has any experience with this year's Halloween party, but to you experts who have been to other hard ticket events - Does CA completely clear the park before a hard ticket event? I am trying to figure out where to eat and how much time to allow before the Halloween Party. At WDW, you can get a PS inside the park and then already be inside when the party starts if you have a party ticket; usually before the beginning start time. Does CA ever do anything like that? Or will they completely clear the park. If so, how early should we arrive so we won't have a long line to wait in to get back inside?

I believe that they will be pretty much clearing out the park, as the park closes at 6 and the event does not begin until 7. I think we are going to try and be there and in line at 6:30.

I'm thinking they will clear it out too. I've not been to a hard ticket event at DL, only WDW.

Just thinking about the park, I can only think of one sit down restaurant that might be able to allow you to stay in the park. That would be the Wine Country Trattoria. (I can't remember all the places, but I don't think there are any other sit downs in DCA).

I'm not going until the last weekend. So I'm hoping folks will post their experiences. That way I can figure out what time to line up. What would be really cool is if they used the wristband system that WDW uses. So we could get our wristband early then mingle around until the fun starts.

I just spent 15 minutes browsing the Disneyland Resort web site and was unable to find any mention anywhere of this event. I even entered Halloween into the search box and got zero hits. Not what I'd call a very well publicized event.

I agree. I like the wristband method - it makes for a much easier entrance into the park. I would just like to know what to expect. I guess we will eat at our hotel and try to arrive a little early. We are going to the first party, so I will report back how they handle the situation.

We are going on the 22nd, I think that is the 2nd night, so I will be anxious to hear first night reports. I am disappointed that it is only for 3 hours.
I went to MNSSHP last year and wasn't terribly impressed, the CM's were not generous with the candy, or very friendly for that matter. The parade was the highlight for me!
denyd said:
I just spent 15 minutes browsing the Disneyland Resort web site and was unable to find any mention anywhere of this event. I even entered Halloween into the search box and got zero hits. Not what I'd call a very well publicized event.
It is under the passholder section, I believe in special offers, and I think you have to be signed in as a passholder.

I have been wondering if they were keeping it low key to keep expectations down as they are not too sure themselves what they are doing. I am going on the 29th, I wanted to give them the first weekend to work the bugs out. I am anxiously waiting for any updates or posts about the first parties. Hope everyone has a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter