Question about fanny pack size

emeraldmom

Mouseketeer
I prefer not to mess with the lockers, so I always bring a fanny pack that is allowed on the rides. Other than the metal detector ones. Plus my parents go with us, and my mother doesn't ride many rides, so she could hold stuff.

This next trip is just my 2 boys and I. So I need to be able to hold 2 small wallets, 3 cell phones, and one small camera. I don't think they will quite fit in the fanny pack I have brought before. I have borrowed one from my mother that is a bit larger. Is there a size limit on fanny packs, or are they basically all okay as long as they have a fanny pack 3 prong clasp? I just measured and the bag part is about 7 inches high by about 8.5 inches wide. It's only about an inch larger in each dimension from the one I have brought in the past. So what do you all think, should we be okay?

You should be ok..It doesnt sound ridiculously large..I have seen people with waist packs the size of small toddlers with water bottles and everything hanging off them and they were told to lock it up

As long as it has the 3 prong clasp and doesn't interfere with the restraints, it should be fine.

Thanks everybody. I figured it would be okay, but I was a little worried. Plan B was to have two smaller fanny packs and make one of my boys wear one. Did I mention they are teenage boys? I don't think that would go over well.

Just an FYI... We had small fanny packs and could not wear them on Dueling Dragons or Rock-it. Thankfully we had a non rider with us so it wasn't an issue. Every other ride was good to go with the fanny pack. Hulk wasn't open so I'm not sure what their rule will be.

Before the Hulk went down last year, they had lockers for riders to use
Free lockers

Guess it will be the same policy when the ride starts up again

OP.......I wear a Kipling Multiple and I think that's slightly bigger than the dimensions you posted. It's fine to wear on every ride.

Except the ones with metal detectors of course........RRR, Duelling Dragons and Hulk. But on everything else it was allowed.

Before the Hulk went down last year, they had lockers for riders to use
Free lockers

Guess it will be the same policy when the ride starts up again

Yup. The new lockers are already in place. There a few different sizes and they use your park ticket instead of a fingerprint.

This post made me think of a question- if we have a non-rider with us, can she go through the line with us and then hold our things while we ride, so that we can avoid the lockers?

I can think of some coasters where that would not be possible

All people go thru metal detectors for a few rides

This would be times your friend could not hold all your stuff and still walk with you until you got in the ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter