Question about excursions

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I have a honeymoon cruise in January 2019 and it's the first time I've booked before the PIF date. I'll also be in concierge so get to book things first. How do excursions work. Right now I can't see them, I think because I haven't paid off my cruise yet? Will it show me what excursions there are once I do this? Or are they not visible until the day you're allowed to start booking?

The cruise goes to Grand Cayman and I'd like to go to Stingray City. Is this offered as an excursion normally?

You won't be able to see them until you can book (not the case with concierge, but it even means you can't see them yet while others can)
So I know for concierge they ask for a list of everything you want to book I think 125 days before. How would I know what to ask for if I can't see the excursions?

You can reference the excursion list and say "if offered, I want X, and if not, then Y then Z."

It is rare that Stingray City is not offered, although some of the private operators do better excursions for SC.

You can reference the excursion list and say "if offered, I want X, and if not, then Y then Z."

It is rare that Stingray City is not offered, although some of the private operators do better excursions for SC.
Oh okay that's good to know thanks! I'll take a look at the list. I'm not sure how many excursions we'd do, I've been to Cozumel and Jamaica before. I've seen so many pictures of Stingray City I've always wanted to go, just never been on a cruise that's gone there before. When I'd request it would I say I prefer early morning or afternoon? I know some half-day excursions are usually split like that.

I assume you have looked at the port adventures page - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/ Generally, the things listed there will be available, and your idea of letting shoreside know your times preferences is good. We did the deluxe tour and really enjoy it. The boast was comfortable with both inside and outside seating and it was easy to get on and off the boat once at the stingray area.

I assume you have looked at the port adventures page - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/ Generally, the things listed there will be available, and your idea of letting shoreside know your times preferences is good. We did the deluxe tour and really enjoy it. The boast was comfortable with both inside and outside seating and it was easy to get on and off the boat once at the stingray area.
That one does look the best. It looks like there are three different options that are pretty close in comparison, except the deluxe stays the longest. They all mention taking a bus to where you get the boat. Since this is a tendering port, do you meet on the ship first and then they take you over to the island together, or do you get on the tender and find where to go once you get to land?

That one does look the best. It looks like there are three different options that are pretty close in comparison, except the deluxe stays the longest. They all mention taking a bus to where you get the boat. Since this is a tendering port, do you meet on the ship first and then they take you over to the island together, or do you get on the tender and find where to go once you get to land?

We tendered first and then met on shore. There is a gated large area by the tender port where everyone gathered. We then rode in mini-buses to the location where the excursion ship was docked - it was maybe 10 minutes away. After the excursion the buses brought us back downtown and there was plenty of time to enjoy some shopping and a stop at Margaritaville.

We tendered first and then met on shore. There is a gated large area by the tender port where everyone gathered. We then rode in mini-buses to the location where the excursion ship was docked - it was maybe 10 minutes away. After the excursion the buses brought us back downtown and there was plenty of time to enjoy some shopping and a stop at Margaritaville.
Great thanks!

We did a Stingray City, Starfish Point and snorkel excursion with Acquarius Sea Tours. Only $50pp, pizza lunch included and they take photos, which are available for download at no additional charge. There were maybe 15 of us on the boat. When we went to Stingray City, many of the larger excursions were there. Did not look like fun to me. We much preferred the smaller group and enjoyed talking with Captain Mario. GC is such an easy port to do on your own, you may want to consider excursions beyond those offered by DCL.

On the practical side of things, before day 125 comes around (when you can send your requests in), you can ask them by email for the precise departure times of the excursions you want to book. That way, they'll book not only those specific excursions but at the specific time you want. While some only offer one departure time, others have multiple times available. By obtaining that info in advance, we were once able to book two excursions on the same day, with lunch onboard in between.

We did a Stingray City, Starfish Point and snorkel excursion with Acquarius Sea Tours. Only $50pp, pizza lunch included and they take photos, which are available for download at no additional charge. There were maybe 15 of us on the boat. When we went to Stingray City, many of the larger excursions were there. Did not look like fun to me. We much preferred the smaller group and enjoyed talking with Captain Mario. GC is such an easy port to do on your own, you may want to consider excursions beyond those offered by DCL.

Was this excursion painless and as described? I am wanting to do the Starfish Point and it isn't offered through a DCL excursion. I know a lot of people recommend Captain Marvin's but the Starfish Point excursion leaves before we arrive on the island.

Was this excursion painless and as described? I am wanting to do the Starfish Point and it isn't offered through a DCL excursion. I know a lot of people recommend Captain Marvin's but the Starfish Point excursion leaves before we arrive on the island.
We loved it. We had about a 5 minute walk to meet Capt. Mario and a short van ride to the dock. One other family from our ship was with us, along with a 5 or 6 other folks who were doing a land trip. Seas were rocky that day and Captain Mario offered to let us cancel if we were afraid we'd get seasick. He didn't take payment until after we returned to the dock. He took great photos of each family/group and they were available to download just as promised. Starfish Point was great and Capt. Mario was sure to remind us that the starfish could not be removed from the water. He seemed to very much care about the marine life. The folks who were not on the ship with us asked Capt. Mario if we could stay out longer and he explained to them that he had to get us back to the ship on time. We were back with plenty of time to spare. He let my son and another boy (both were turning 5 on the trip) drive the boat when we got closer to the marina. It really was a great few hours. The worst thing I can say about the excursion is that the pizza wasn't hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter