Question about escape package?

Belleoftheballl

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Ok so I know with the escape package you don't get a reception, but I was wondering if you do the escape can you add on a reception? Or is there anywhere you can go in your wedding attire? ( I know not to a park ) just wondering
Thank you!

I know that some people have added on receptions at the Attic. I am planning on an escape wedding and I am hoping to go to a restaurant in a resort or DTD so can wear my dress. I think we are leaning towards Ohana at the moment since that is one of our favorites and we think the kids that will be with us will really like it too.

I was wondering the same thing !!! Hopefully they can !! :cool1: I wanted to do one where we could see then fireworks at epcot or the wishes

You can go anywhere on property in your wedding attire except for a park (if you are having an in-park event that's different).

On our day, we had the ceremony at WP, cake cutting at Commander's Terrace at the GF, lunch off property, wandered around DTD and rode Characters in Flight in our wedding attire and had a DP at Morocco in EPCOT (I wore my dress, but poor DH was too hot in a long sleeves shirt and jacket, so he changed).

Keep in mind that if you add on an extra event with DFTW, you will trigger a minimum you need to meet.

You can always just make a large group reservation at a restaurant to avoid that minimum. I think your best bet is to call and speak to a manager at the actual restaurant you are thinking of.

As geek+nerd mentioned, you can add on a private event through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. Disney will offer you a few of the ballrooms and other event spaces that they use for Wishes. The food and beverage minimum for each location has to be quoted by your planner, since most of these spots do not have minimums when Wishes couples use them. Receptions last 2 hours, and you can't have a DJ or other entertainment, but they can serve your cake there.

You may find it easier and cheaper just to rent a private room directly through one of the restaurants at the resorts or Downtown Disney.

I was wondering the same thing !!! Hopefully they can !! :cool1: I wanted to do one where we could see then fireworks at epcot or the wishes

I know that you can view wishes from the California Grill. If you planned your dinner around the time the fireworks go off then you could have a very memorable dinner and show. Also Narcosee's (sp?) at the GF would be a great place to see wishes. I am in the same boat! We want to have our dinner where we will be able to view the fireworks. I am thinking I am going to cave and go with a second "plain white dress" for dinner so we can eat at Tony's in MK. I think my wedding party would be much more comfy out of their wedding attire.

We had an Escape wedding and coordinated an intimate reception dinner at Citricos in the GF after the cake cutting. We were allowed in our full wedding attire and had a portion of the restaurant for our 20 person party. HTH! :goodvibes

Another shout out for Citrico's!!!
We had our VR reception meal there, and it was perfect!!! Delicious food, amazing service and wonderful cast!!! We were treated like royalty and it's lobby and gates make a pretty backdrop for photos too!!!

JP10595-4-11.jpg

JP10645-4-11.jpg

JP10395-4-11.jpg

we got married at boardwalk and had our reception at Regalin Road @DTD, they did a special menue for us and placed us in a nice L-cove off the main dinning room so we could see the dancers and the band play it was nice. We just called the restraunt and asked for what we wanted and they were more than willing to help.

Joanne, I never get tired of seeing your wedding photos.

Aww sweetie, and I never get tired of hearing from you!! You are so kind!!!
I sometimes feel a little self-indulgent still posting them occasionally when our big day was a good eighteen months away, but I only do it if I think it will help illustrate a point to other girls. However, I freely confess, I love them and never get tired of sharing them!!!
Much love sweetie xxxx

I'm an Escape bride, and we just added on a reception at the Attic. We were originally going to just go to a restaurant, but none of the restaurants with private rooms had menus we were really fond of, so we made the switch.

I was an Escape bride and we did our dinner reception in the Wine Room at Jiko. AKL is our favorite resort, we LOVE Jiko and wanted our families to experience a bit of the resort.
Also I liked the fact that we had a private room. And it was not a typical type decor for a wedding dinner plus it was very us.

LO021125-1-09.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter