Question about crowd calendars?

Oneplustwins

Mouseketeer
On wdw easy crowd predictor is a 5 the days we are going. But on touring plans it says a 3. Which one is more accurate? We are going when we are going, but obviously love to go on a 3 day. :)

ongoing debate. I don't have the answer and am not sure it is easily verified either way. You could probably find a few threads on this topic on the Theme Park and Attractions board. Here is one but there are others:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072925&highlight=crowd+calendar+best

One thing I do know is that when we usually go the crowd calendars show an 8. I don't think I would know what to do with a 3 or a 5 crowd day

If you really want to confuse yourself or maybe have a tie breaker, Undercover Tourist also has its own version of a crowd calendar.

Oneplustwins said:
On wdw easy crowd predictor is a 5 the days we are going. But on touring plans it says a 3. Which one is more accurate? We are going when we are going, but obviously love to go on a 3 day. :)

I was wondering the same thing. I defaulted to Touring Plans because they've been pretty accurate in the past and I've been using their crowd calendar for 6-7 years.

We use easywdw and have found it extremely accurate. We go twice a year and Josh hasn't let us down yet.

I do not think either one of them is dead on, I do not think they are taking in the effect of the Local People going to Magic Kingdom to see the NFL. We were there last month & I used both, one was just a little different from the other, the other parks was like they said 4 & 5 but during the middle week & end (Wed thur Frid) Magic Kingdom, they gave a 3-4 (tp-3 & J-4),:confused3 it was more like a 6-7, FL was packed. We just skipped that area after trying to do things in that area on our first day in that park. We will hopefully go back in a few years, & the newness will be wore off by then, & we will get to do things in that area:)

Honestly, I think choosing the recommended park for a particular day is the most important piece of info. Easy seems to have the advantage there, for sure. The difference between "3" and "5" is kind of a moot point if you're not in the recommended park.

Touring Plans has never let us down. For our upcoming April trip easywdw is a little higher than what TP says by one or two numbers. But TP has people in the parks all the time to evaluate touring plans and crowds both for the unofficial guide and the TP site. Since I have subscribed to TP I have had a couple emails updating my saved crowd calendar and it seems like easywdw has been the same since they released it. Can't say if that matters but I lean toward TP.

Hootch said:
ongoing debate. I don't have the answer and am not sure it is easily verified either way. You could probably find a few threads on this topic on the Theme Park and Attractions board. Here is one but there are others:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072925&highlight=crowd+calendar+best

One thing I do know is that when we usually go the crowd calendars show an 8. I don't think I would know what to do with a 3 or a 5 crowd day

If you really want to confuse yourself or maybe have a tie breaker, Undercover Tourist also has its own version of a crowd calendar.

I are that it's confusing to check all 3 but I don't see it as a tie breaker. I got kinda overwhelmed looking at all 3 so I just went with what I was familiar with - TP. They've been pretty accurate for choosing days although I don't follow touring plans too often.

I'll look at all three as a general guide to when to book, ie. Find a quiet time of the season rather than accidentally wind up with a busy week etc. But for actual day-to-day planning I use EasyWDW

AuroraRora said:
I'll look at both as a general guide to when to book, ie. Find a quiet time of the season rather than accidentally wind up with a busy week etc. But for actual day-to-day planning I use EasyWDW

I would pay attention to any info each calendar provides about WHY they chose that number. For example, sometimes the EasyWDW calendar will list a park least recommended because it has EMH in the morning, but I'm not planning to get there until 9pm until midnight closing. When you read through the daily description, it usually says things like "the park will be packed in the morning, but if you can go during those last late hours you'll have a quiet time". The park might be both a 3 and a 5, depending when you're going, look for all the info you can get :)

Edit: sorry, meant to edit to add to my original post, not quote myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter