Question about canoes

blueskymom

Earning My Ears
I believe the only attraction I haven't tried at Disneyland are the canoes. My understanding was that they usually just run on weekends or during the summer, but I saw them running on a Monday in November a few weeks ago (Thanksgiving week). What are the chances they'll be running mid week the first week of January? Is there more of a formal schedule that I'm not aware of?

I don't know if there's a predictable schedule, but I think it has more to do with predicted crowds than it does with the season. I've also seem them running around Thanksgiving, and I imagine they also run during Christmas week. I've never been during the first week of January so I'm not sure if it would be considered peak crowds. My guess is that it would be running the first couple days of January for the New Years crowds, but maybe not after that.

I was there in November, the week of Veteran's Day, and it was still only open on the weekends.

BTW, it was a lot of fun. And you may get wet from the paddlers in front/back of you. But after all these years, I finally did that "final" thing at DL.

I was there on Wednesday and they were running. I suspect they'll be running week days in early January :-).

I'm not sure, but I feel like they use to always stick to that summer and weekend schedule until very recently. Maybe with the new opening of ROA. ??

Although GatorChris is correct. I think they were only running on the weekend the week before Veteran's Day as well. So maybe it is a new thing, and a crowd thing.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter