Question about cancelling vacation packages

Rammble

Earning My Ears
I made a booking through the Universal Orlando website last night and made some pretty dumb mistakes with the number of people and the ticket packages. Sadly, I'm not able to cancel or modify this stuff online and I've been on hold for two hours trying to get through to a Universal customer service rep.

Would it be easier for me to book the new package and then just send an email to Universal asking them to cancel the previous booking made in error? Any idea whether I would be dinged any fees?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT: Just for additional context, there was a miscommunication between my spouse and I, and I didn't realize that my son was actually bringing a friend along with him.

I had to cancel my package because I bought an AP and booked a room-on;y at the AP rate. There was no cancellation fee because my package was still almost 3 months out and fees don’t apply until 5 days before, IIRC. I don’t think there‘s any way they can cancel over email because they have to verify a bunch of info with you, so you just have to wait out the horrible phone wait. Calling early is the recommended course of action, the line opens at 8am eastern time.

To avoid the horrible wait for future modifications, book room and tickets separately if you can, because room-only can be modified online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter