• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about cabin 7006 on Magic!

MissMaleficent

Earning My Ears
We are booked in this cabin for our January cruise but now I'm worried that the location of the room (forward) isn't good...is that a bad location? :confused3
1. It's a connecting room which we don't need
2. Do you feel more movement towards the front of the ship?
3. Any good room suggestions?

Thank you everybody! :wave2:

Have your read the room reports, including others nearby?
These reports may be helpful.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

Regarding movement up front; Of course you will feel more motion forward than midship at the waterline. Whether a midship cabin at the waterline will be needed during your sailing is anyone's guess though.

Regarding cabin recommendations; I suggest midship 8532 or 8534. ;)
Of course their mirror images port side could suffice too. lol

ETA; Cabin looks fine to me unless you do in fact encounter heavy seas, then if in cabin, you will notice more movement than midship low. Pax have been known to sleep in the atrium when seas are brutal fwiw. So you always have options if things get bad. (wink)

HTH and Enjoy

Have your read the room reports, including others nearby?
These reports may be helpful.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

Regarding movement up front; Of course you will feel more motion forward than midship at the waterline. Whether a midship cabin at the waterline will be needed during your sailing is anyone's guess though.

Regarding cabin recommendations; I suggest midship 8532 or 8534. ;)
Of course their mirror images port side could suffice too. lol

ETA; Cabin looks fine to me unless you do in fact encounter heavy seas, then if in cabin, you will notice more movement than midship low. Pax have been known to sleep in the atrium when seas are brutal fwiw. So you always have options if things get bad. (wink)

HTH and Enjoy

Thank you! :)
I'm always crazy when it comes to settling on a room :crazy2:

We have stayed forward 9 out of 10 cruises. On the Magic/Wonder we have stayed forward on decks 5, 7, & 8. I feel less movement in those rooms than in the MDRs. There is also a lot less hall traffic & noise than midship rooms. There is a door at the end of the hall that leads to the bridge & officer quarters. Connecting rooms don't really matter to us. We have had both and at times we hear more noise from the nonconnecting room than the connecting room.

We have stayed forward 9 out of 10 cruises. On the Magic/Wonder we have stayed forward on decks 5, 7, & 8. I feel less movement in those rooms than in the MDRs. There is also a lot less hall traffic & noise than midship rooms. There is a door at the end of the hall that leads to the bridge & officer quarters. Connecting rooms don't really matter to us. We have had both and at times we hear more noise from the nonconnecting room than the connecting room.

Thank you! I feel much better now :wave2:

This past summer I stayed in room 7003 which is right next-door. We absolutely love the deck 7 forward location! So many good things to say about it! Quiet, close to stairs, easy to get to the pool deck, its great! Enjoy your cruise :thumbsup2

This past summer I stayed in room 7003 which is right next-door. We absolutely love the deck 7 forward location! So many good things to say about it! Quiet, close to stairs, easy to get to the pool deck, its great! Enjoy your cruise :thumbsup2

Thank you thank you thank you! After reading your comment I am so glad I didn't call today and change it!

We also stay forward as well - and usually 7th floor or higher. I love the reduced foot traffic, being a floor away from the pool decks/food, and you'll feel like you have your own personal elevators and stairs. I'm really sensitive to the ship's motion on the first day, but never when I can stand on my verandah. I find the MDRs (mostly aft or interior) to be much more disturbing too. I think you'll be pleased, unless you like to be in the hustle and bustle of things or above the movie theaters :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter