Question about bringing alcohol on board

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
I know that you can carry on two 6-packs of beer when you embark. Can you also carry on 2 more 6-packs from a port (i.e. Nassau)?

I know that you can carry on two 6-packs of beer when you embark. Can you also carry on 2 more 6-packs from a port (i.e. Nassau)?
You can only bring one six pack of beer, unless you have more than one adult that is not bringing wine on. But yes, you can bring more on when in port.

Are you allowed to take to your room or is this held until you disembark?

Are you allowed to take to your room or is this held until you disembark?
If you are not going over your limit on beer/wine per person you can take it to your room and drink it if you'd like. There is a corking fee if you take the wine to dinner.

Liquor and everything above the limit purchased on ports (NOT BEFORE THE CRUISE) will be held until the end of the cruise and you pick it up before you debark on the final morning.

How does it work when you bring wine on board during embarkation? You carry the wine separately (I know you can't pack in a bag) and they deliver yo your room with the suitcases? Or do you have to carry it on with you when you embark (I though I heard that somewhere...)

If you want to get it during your cruise you have to put in your carry on luggage that you will keep with you on embarkation day. If you pack it in your larger bags that you give to the porters you will not get it delivered to your room at any time during the cruise. I personally put the wine we bring on in my rolling carry-on bag.

I recommend having a day bag packed for this day anyway, in case you want to go swimming as soon as you get on board, or you have early dining and want to dress for dinner.

How does it work when you bring wine on board during embarkation? You carry the wine separately (I know you can't pack in a bag) and they deliver yo your room with the suitcases? Or do you have to carry it on with you when you embark (I though I heard that somewhere...)
You bring it with you as a carry-on (in your carry-on bag is fine - just declare it at security). So you will keep it with you through the check-in/security/boarding process and also around the ship until your stateroom is ready on embarkation day.

You bring it with you as a carry-on (in your carry-on bag is fine - just declare it at security). So you will keep it with you through the check-in/security/boarding process and also around the ship until your stateroom is ready on embarkation day.
That's what I thought - thanks. Is that the same for bottled water too (carry it around until stateroom is ready) or can I check a case of bottled water with the luggage? (Or is bottled water free on the ship and I don't need to bring it?)

That's what I thought - thanks. Is that the same for bottled water too (carry it around until stateroom is ready) or can I check a case of bottled water with the luggage? (Or is bottled water free on the ship and I don't need to bring it?)
My understanding is you have to carry water, soda, etc on board as a carry on as well. I've seen quite a few people bring little foldable carts for it.

Bottled water is NOT free on board so plan accordingly

Any bottled/canned liquids you bring onto the ship must be carried with you until your room is ready. People have reported that porters at the terminal will sometimes take boxes of bottled water, but this is against the official policy.

Bottled water on the ship is not free. If you want bottled water, you can either purchase it onboard (or in port) or bring your own. If you need distilled water for a CPAP machine, that is free if you request it from Special Services in advance or Guest Services while onboard.

Any bottled/canned liquids you bring onto the ship must be carried with you until your room is ready. People have reported that porters at the terminal will sometimes take boxes of bottled water, but this is against the official policy.
Not only is it against official policy, but can become a huge mess if the bottles break. I've heard stories of that happening and then the water seeps into other peoples' luggage and things were ruined.

Bottled water on the ship is not free. If you want bottled water, you can either purchase it onboard (or in port) or bring your own. If you need distilled water for a CPAP machine, that is free if you request it from Special Services in advance or Guest Services while onboard.

Is there potable water in general that we can use to refill our own refillable water bottles? Like from a tap?

There is water at the drink stations on the pool deck. I think there is also a water bottle refueling station on the Deck 4 walking track. You can also fill your water bottle with tap water in your room -- the ship's water is safe to drink.

Is there potable water in general that we can use to refill our own refillable water bottles? Like from a tap?
Yes - and it tastes better than many city waters (like mine). I also drink the tap water from the cabin bathroom. Drink station on the pool deck is open 24/7.

I believe the potable water is from an onboard desalination system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter