Question about activities

Cara

DIS Veteran
Good evening! We're spending two nights at Aulani after our Hawaiian cruise in May (spending five days prior in Waikiki). I would love to experience some of the activities, such as ukulele lessons, make your own Mickey ears and stargazing, but our options are limited with such a short stay. My question is can any of these be booked before we check in? Thank you! It's definitely a short stay, but our plan is to just enjoy the resort and relax after our busy 12 days!

I think everything you mentioned needs to be reserved on site. You could call them from a few days before and see if you can sign up for the stargazing then because they definitely let you sign up a few days before. They don't have it every night.

not an answer to your question but I would avoid spending any time in Waikiki whatsoever. It isn't Hawaii.
Sorry - Waikiki is Hawaii. So is Ko’Olina, and Manoa, and Kailua. It may not be your image of Hawaii, but it more accurately represents Hawaii than the resorts in Ko’Olina.

Waikiki has some great aspects to it. It is much more of a modern city, with all of the positives and negatives that go with that. If you want to have great food, walk on an amazing beach at sunset, do some wonderful shopping (window or otherwise),staying in Waikiki will be great. It’s also a good base of operations - most of the sights to see are much closer to Waikiki than to Ko’olina.

If you want to get away from it all, and just relax at a resort, Aulani’s wonderful. I think breaking it up is a good idea, depending on what you’re looking for.

sorry, not very familiar with making reservations. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

While in Waikiki, I’d recommend many trips for Malasadas (Leonard’s on Kapahulu), and shave ice (Waiola Shave Ice on Waiola, or near Leonard’s). And try some Local food, either traditional (Ono Hawaiian Foods or Helena’s), or modern (MW Restaurant). Drinks at the Royal Hawaiian or Dukes. If they’re still doing it, Sunsets on the Beach is fun - movies, food stands, live music, and sand between your toes.

Have a great cruise, and a great stay!

Good evening! We're spending two nights at Aulani after our Hawaiian cruise in May (spending five days prior in Waikiki). I would love to experience some of the activities, such as ukulele lessons, make your own Mickey ears and stargazing, but our options are limited with such a short stay. My question is can any of these be booked before we check in? Thank you! It's definitely a short stay, but our plan is to just enjoy the resort and relax after our busy 12 days!
The stargazing can be booked in advance. I think there’s even a link on Groupon as well for cheaper. They are done at four seasons not aulani if I’m not mistaken.
The other 2 are booked the same day only. And apparently people line up crazy early for it because it’s very limited availability.

Thank you for the advice. Newdeal, thank you for your opinion, but I have been planning my two-week trip for two years, and I feel pretty confident that my plans will give me a good variety. Waikiki may be a super-busy area, but we have a rental car and have planned to be out and about on the island all day and have fun dinners reserved each evening--for a lot less per night than the points we rented to stay at Aulani where we will spend that time enjoying everything we can about the resort in a couple of days. I'm sure we will enjoy the time we do have at Aulani!

I think we did the same trip in reverse!! We did two nights in Waikiki to take surf lessons and do Diamond Head and Hanauma Bay. Then the cruise, then five nights at Aulani. I would only stay in Waikiki again for convenience but it was ok for what it was—a cheaper option for a bookend stay. And we lucked into seeing the King Kamehameha Day parade so that was neat.

We were ready to just chill by the time we got to Aulani, so we actually didn’t do any activities except the menehune trail. But we did really enjoy the kukui nut lei making on the ship! Highly recommend that. We bought a couple extra and made more sitting out on our veranda too—so relaxing!

You can sign up for most of the activities at the Pau Hana room the morning of the activity. The ‘Imi Loa Nāa Hōkū (Explore the Stars) can be booked ahead of time or day of and is at Aulani, not Four Seasons.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
View important information about this program at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i.
  • This activity is held on select days at Aulani Resort, weather permitting. Check your Daily 'Iwa for schedule details.
  • Reservations are required, please call the Aulani Resort Reservations Line at (808) 674-6943.
  • Guests may also sign up on the day of the activity at the Pau Hana Room.

You can sign up for most of the activities at the Pau Hana room the morning of the activity. The ‘Imi Loa Nāa Hōkū (Explore the Stars) can be booked ahead of time or day of and is at Aulani, not Four Seasons.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
View important information about this program at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i.
  • This activity is held on select days at Aulani Resort, weather permitting. Check your Daily 'Iwa for schedule details.
  • Reservations are required, please call the Aulani Resort Reservations Line at (808) 674-6943.
  • Guests may also sign up on the day of the activity at the Pau Hana Room.
Thanks for the clarification on the stargazing activity.

It's definitely really cool! They let us take this pic through the telescope. But sign up early in your trip because it can be canceled for clouds. I was so happy I could reschedule it but I only had one choice of a later date because they are not there every night.

If you can book stargazing ahead of time - how far in advance can you book it? 60 days, 30 days, 7 days?
I don't think it's that far out. I reserved it when I arrived for 2 nights later. Then postponed it 2 more nights after the cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter