• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about activating ap

tinkandhook

Mouseketeer
hi guys. we will be buying annual passes soon for our upcoming trip in july. there are 7 of us all together(5 kids , 2 adults)
my question is about activating the annual passes. we will be buying them at our local base(we are navy) i heard that you have to have your thumb print scanned our something. does anyone know about how long it takes to activate the passes? becuase i don't want to stand in a long line and then take forever to get the passes activated, on the 1st day we go. so would it be advisible to maybe activated it the day before while we are going to DTD area?
i appreciate any help.
trying to get all my plans in order..lol
TIA
tinkandhook

The actual activation doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

The biometrics are done the first time you use the pass. And it's very easy. Takes maybe a few seconds. You just stick your fingers in the little scanner thingee and you're done!

If you're at Downtown Disney the day before, and there's no line at guest services, then I would say to go ahead and activate your AP.

Just keep in mind that if you activate them the day before, they will be effective that day. If your planning a trip for next year around the same dates, it may make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter