• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about 7 month mark

marygrcevic

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Just a general question on booking at the 7 month mark - is it 7 months to the date that booking is available? Probably a silly question, but working on a end of Feb/beginning of March trip where I am using two different use years - I have my Feb portion completed and am waiting to try for the March balance - would my first available date to book be August 1st - not July 29, 30, 31st since there is no Feb 29, 30, or 31st?)

You're correct - August 1 is the 7 month booking date for March 1.

Did you know that if your desired reservation is 7 days or less, you can book online the dates at the end of your UY and then call MS to finish it? You don't have to wait for the 7 months to open for the beginning of your next UY. You can't cross UY, but MS can.

would my first available date to book be August 1st - not July 29, 30, 31st since there is no Feb 29, 30, or 31st?)
Correct. It's 7 months prior to the date that you are booking. So for March 1, you would book starting August 1.

It can be confusing when February rolls around and people are booking dates 7 or 11 months in advance. Since there is no Feb. 29 (most years), 30 or 31 you cannot book a stay that begins on January 29, 30 or 31 or September 29, 30 (at 7 months) until March 1.

It can be confusing when February rolls around and people are booking dates 7 or 11 months in advance. Since there is no Feb. 29 (most years), 30 or 31 you cannot book a stay that begins on January 29, 30 or 31 or September 29, 30 (at 7 months) until March 1.
Yes, March 1 is a very, very busy day for reservations! I'm always surprised that the online booking engine doesn't crash every year - maybe because the end of January and end of September are not the most popular times to visit.

I am using two different use years
This can actually be taken 2 ways- #1) you have one UY (which would have to be March in this scenario) & you’re booking across 2 actual years (2022 & 2023)… or #2) you have 2 different memberships bc you own in 2 diff UY (which could be any 2- like Aug & Dec, or Feb & Oct, etc).

Did you know that if your desired reservation is 7 days or less, you can book online the dates at the end of your UY and then call MS to finish it? You don't have to wait for the 7 months to open for the beginning of your next UY. You can't cross UY, but MS can.
This is totally true if OP meant “UY” in the #1 sense & are just trying to span a trip across 2 years within the same March UY/membership (which is a valid assumption!). However, this would not hold true in the #2 scenario… & is actually exactly what I did last year! I had banked points in my Apr UY that I used for the last days in Feb & used my Feb UY for the first few days in March. 😉 I had to book each part on my own & I painfully waited through the end of July to get to Aug 1st!! 😆

You're correct - August 1 is the 7 month booking date for March 1.

Oh my gosh, that worked! Thanks so much, I ❤ these boards!

I was about to post a similar question on an early March date! I was thinking I should be going on a few days earlier than August 3rd for a 7-month booking to account for a shortened February. But sounds like the earliest I can book for March 3rd is August 3rd, is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter