Question About 2019 Drink of The Day and Souvenir Glass

Ok so I’m confused. Is it 16.10 every time for a drink or is that for the drink and the cup the first day?? How much are the drink of the day refills?

Anyone know how much it is for the glass with a non alcoholic drink in it cost? Can you get this any other time on ship or only during sail away?
I saw the glasses throughout our 7 day cruise, but not sure if there is much value to it if you don't purchase it on the first couple days.

Personally I don't get the drink of the day, so I opt for the beer mug instead. Last cruise my GF got the glass and I thought it was pretty small. The hurricane glasses to me would be worth the extra cost, but these are maybe 10 or 12 oz at the most. Someone gave me one (empty) they didn't want so I have it as a souvenir but IMHO would only have purchase one myself if it was glass like the beer mugs.

Ok so I’m confused. Is it 16.10 every time for a drink or is that for the drink and the cup the first day?? How much are the drink of the day refills?
The $16 is only when you purchase the drink with the souvenir glass. You can buy the drink of the day without the glass for around $6 includingthe auto-gratuity. You don't need to purchase the souvenir glass to get the drink of the day.

It's been repeated that the souvenir glass is larger than the drink of the day in a regular cup, but I saw a post a while back (probably at least a couple years ago) that someone had purchased the glass and later a drink of the day without the glass and compared the volume and they were the same. So I'm not convinced you save anything by purchasing the glass. If you want it as a souvenir, then get it. But don't buy it because you think it will get you more for free.

It's been repeated that the souvenir glass is larger than the drink of the day in a regular cup, but I saw a post a while back (probably at least a couple years ago) that someone had purchased the glass and later a drink of the day without the glass and compared the volume and they were the same. So I'm not convinced you save anything by purchasing the glass. If you want it as a souvenir, then get it. But don't buy it because you think it will get you more for free.

That might have been true with the hurricane glasses. I am not sure if the same is true for the new glasses. I don't know how many ounces the regular drinks are now (they may have gotten smaller as well) but I am almost positive the new DOTD glasses hold about 20% less than the old hurricane glasses. I have both so if I remember tonight I will fill the new one and add it to the old one to see the difference. I would be curious if someone has tried the comparison with the new glass.

I don’t want any more glasses but the drink of the day on the Magic which we just got off of on Sunday was 5.25 regardless of which bar. My husband would usually get the days drink every night in Keys before we went to late dinner.

I don’t want any more glasses but the drink of the day on the Magic which we just got off of on Sunday was 5.25 regardless of which bar. My husband would usually get the days drink every night in Keys before we went to late dinner.
Oh thank you for the current pricing.
The $16 is only when you purchase the drink with the souvenir glass. You can buy the drink of the day without the glass for around $6 includingthe auto-gratuity. You don't need to purchase the souvenir glass to get the drink of the day.

Thank you for the explanation. We are not much of drinkers so I always see people get them but I never do. I have so many mugs and such from Disney I don’t need another glass! If I want the drink of the day I’ll just stick to the regular cups! My husband does like beer so I never know if he should get that beer mug thing. Any opinion on that.

I saw the glasses throughout our 7 day cruise, but not sure if there is much value to it if you don't purchase it on the first couple days.

Personally I don't get the drink of the day, so I opt for the beer mug instead. Last cruise my GF got the glass and I thought it was pretty small. The hurricane glasses to me would be worth the extra cost, but these are maybe 10 or 12 oz at the most. Someone gave me one (empty) they didn't want so I have it as a souvenir but IMHO would only have purchase one myself if it was glass like the beer mugs.
Can you quickly explain how the beer mug works? Can my husband get a beer with dinner if we buy the mug? Does he have to carry it around all the time? Seems inconvenient.

That might have been true with the hurricane glasses. I am not sure if the same is true for the new glasses. I don't know how many ounces the regular drinks are now (they may have gotten smaller as well) but I am almost positive the new DOTD glasses hold about 20% less than the old hurricane glasses. I have both so if I remember tonight I will fill the new one and add it to the old one to see the difference. I would be curious if someone has tried the comparison with the new glass.

I would think for a true comparison you would have to order the DOTD both with the glass and without at the same time and measure the actual liquid in the glass excluding ice. It's possible the bartenders put more ice in the souvenir glasses than they do in the regular glasses. Also, while I've heard that the DOTD is sometimes pre-mixed, I've never had one poured that is pre-mixed. The bartenders always make it right in front of me. The recipes for the drink are the same whether you have the souvenir glass or not. If the drink recipe calls for 1 ounce of light rum, 1 ounce of dark rum, and a half ounce of a flavored liquor, they aren't going to suddenly put 20% more liquor in the mix because you have a different glass. They will make the drink the same way they always do and either put in more ice or maybe add a little more juice to the drink to fill the glass rather than add more alcohol.

Just got off of the Wonder and the alcoholic drink of the day was $5.25 before tip. I thought that was a good deal. I can't get a mixed drink for even close to that here in San Diego. Also, had the before noon special daily for $4.75 - choice of Bloody Mary, Mimosa, or Screwdriver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter