Query: Booking a Disney Resort room only then cancelling - What do I lose ?

JohnnySharp2

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a
Hello

Does anyone know if you just pay a deposit when booking a room? or do I pay in full?
Also, if I book a room then cancel, do I lose the deposit or do I get my money back?

If I book a room, then in a couple of months time they offer 30% for my dates do Disney take the 30% off
automatically or do I need to call to get it? and would they apply it to my booking?

Sorry there's so many questions. Can't make my mind up over a room at Grand Floridian or DVC.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

You pay one night room stay for the deposit. Balance due at check in. Deposit is refundable up until 5 days before arrival.

For discounts with a qualifying room, there's a limited of number of rooms. It won't happen automatically, and if you call to have it applied and rooms have filled with the discount it won't take anything off. It's not a guarantee to get the discount and doesn't offer any kind of benefit over new bookings.

Room bookings require a 1-night's deposit which is totally refundable as long as you cancel no later than 5 days prior to arrival.

If a discount comes out it will not be automatically applied. You would have to call or check online to see if there is availability for your resort and room-type with the discount. If there is then you should be able to modify your booking online or call in to have the discount applied.

Thanks aaarchwe86 and plutolovr for your information, its a lot clearer now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter