Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

The weight of the world in on Charles today.. and it shows. I hope that time to gather themselves and to grieve will give the Royal Family some peace.

And the vault has opened and down goes our Queen. Like i said earlier - heart wrenching

I’m having flashbacks from Phillips funeral service where the Queen sat by herself. I wonder how they would’ve done all this had Covid restrictions still been a thing
It would have been awful. Bad enough with Philip. I guess if there's any small thing to be happy about it's that they were able to do this without Covid limitations.

Double Posted..

Last edited:
I see what this is like for Charles at his age. Definitely a lot of weight for someone his age. But I also can't imagine what it was like for Elizabeth at age 25.

I heard a story that when George VI took the throne someone reminded him they were young enough to still try for a boy. He told them he thought Elizabeth would do just fine. How right he was.

I can't imagine what is going through the king's mind as he sees the crown jewels being removed.
I wonder if we will see the crown again.

India would love to get those diamonds back. I read this morning that out of respect they didn't start discussion this week, but it might start soon.

Although not part of today's events, I thought this was a good representation of the country today.
R.638b7b32dde0ee23f0562f159eafda9a

India would love to get those diamonds back. I read this morning that out of respect they didn't start discussion this week, but it might start soon.

I think South Africa is already calling for the return of the Cullinan diamonds.

Love seeing the family leave to walk up to Windsor. Got to see David Linley children and Zara’s oldest among others.

After it was over, immediately the highlight reel.
Next show: BBC news.
With as opening item, the state funeral. With another highlight reel. This time with spoken explanations.

The crown, scepter & orb will be next seen at the ceremonial coronation of King Charles.

As far as the jewels or stones.. if they haven’t been returned over the past few hundred/thousand of years - they are not likely to be going anywhere now..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter