Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

No snow here, but the wind was awful last night!

I think I've got a cold too. I thought it was just allergies, but I was still stuffy yesterday after the rain, and that should have knocked the pollen down. - So lots of fluids today!!

I'm supposed to pick up the twins after school, so I'm hoping the wind has died down by then.

Last edited:
Happy Thursday!🌧️

Colds must be making their rounds, I started with one yesterday. I'm sure it's the cold that Mia, Evan, & Bailey had. Lots of sneezing and stopped up nose.🤧

We're also supposed to get a light dusting of snow today ❄️. Right now it's a slight rain, don't really need an umbrella. They said this morning's temps are the same temps that are more for mid-February. I'm over the cold, I'm over wearing a coat 😠. I want it to be warm and I want to open my windows.

Put all my Easter decorations away the other day so my house is back to normal until Halloween.🎃

Didn't realize the Reds/Phillies game was in the afternoon yesterday (and with a 4 hr rain delay) so I missed it 🤦‍♀️. Watched Survivor last night. Not a big deal who went home but I was hoping it would have been another person that I don't care for.

Hope everyone starts to feel better and have a great day! :wave:

We have our excursions set for our Alaska cruise in August.

On a lark my folks just booked a Alaska Cruise in August w/ some friends, they are looking forward to it although I'm a little leery if they know what they are getting into. I kept my mouth shut - but maybe you can educate me. They booked on Princess (just joining/doing what the friends were doing). Is that a decent cruise line? Their only experience with cruise ships has been Viking (2 River & 2 Ocean), and it's the only cruise line I've every been on (2 River) so there is no basis of comparison from my point of view, and so I'm wondering if they will be overwhelmed by the amount of folks on the cruise and/or disappointed in it not being like Viking. I'm pretty sure they booked a suite of some sort, same as the Viking trips so I'm hoping they like the accommodations okay.

I know, I know...my folks are grown adults!!! They can do what and when and whenever they want haha!!

Good day everyone, hope all is well.
Not a whole lot going on here. Rain has subsided and the sun is out, although I understand that is fleeting and we are expecting it to cloud back up and the rain to possibly make another showing this afternoon. Boy have we gotten a lot of rain, at least 4 1/2" but I do suppose it's that time of year. This weekend looks nice, and next week it looks to warm up. This time of year is always so dicey anyway, so we just go with it.

I've got a hair cut this afternoon at 4, and a 6:30 AM meeting at a jobsite in Georgetown, De tomorrow morning, so I guess I'll be rolling out of bed and on the road by 5 in the morning. After that dropping my truck off at the dealership for some work and then to the Zoning office for our County to drop off some paperwork for some work being done at our place and then back to the office. Not a while lot planned for the weekend at the moment.....probably will mow on Sunday assuming the ground has dried out a bit. Maybe a trip up to Costco liquor store, maybe not.

Crab cakes and salad for dinner last night, probably grilled chicken this evening.

Thursday extra feel better prayers to all with love. Please take good care of yourselves with love my friends and stay warm.

Mercy of God I have on clean pajama bottoms right now. It is a challenge every few days for me to switch them out. Another simple routine I pray to never take for granted being able to do period and God willing one day normally again.

Extra Grace of God is that I did get some good sleep. It sometimes feels like sleep at night has become more elusive to me. I know this is due to my napping during the day. Sleep anytime, of course, is a blessing. I am trying very hard to slowly normalize my natural rythym. I need to try and not take nap #2 after lunch for as long. Get good rest everyone. It is so important to do.

Thursday xo to all.

Princess is a decent cruise line. I have not sailed on it but I work for a cruise travel agency in Accounting, not sales. I did an Alaska cruise on Norwegian and enjoyed that. We met up with a Princess ship at almost every port we were at. I think they will enjoy themselves.

Good morning. The sun finally made an appearance this morning, but like you @easyas123 , it is supposed to cloud up and maybe more showers with small hail (?) this afternoon. Our weather forecast is pretty much the same as yours, and we had just about the same amount of rain.
I know it's Spring, but we don't need all the rain at one time. I can see how much the grass has grown since I mowed it last week, and it's going to sit there until at least Monday when the temps go back to 60's and dries out enough to mow.

Did grocery shopping yesterday. I had waited until the rains had stopped a bit. It poured the entire time I was shopping and all the way home. I pulled in the driveway and parked, and it stopped raining. If we had more rain after that, it must have only been light showers. At least the basement has dried out from what did come in. The manhole cover across the street doesn't have a geyser of water coming out of the top anymore.. It looked like Old Faithful yesterday, lol

@Snowysmom , @footballmouse and @PollyannaMom --I hope you all feel better. Knock on wood, I've managed to escape any colds so far.

Today is cleaning day, if I can motivate myself.

Have a nice Thursday

1712237459049.png

Good morning. Oddity outside - the sun is shining. We have had rain since Sunday night. And I spoke to soon the clouds are back.

Anthony's surgery went well and he is home resting. They cleaned out the knee and put in a bone graft in preparation for surgery 2 which will replace the ACL with a graft again. We just want him up and running in time for baseball next year. It will be another long recovery.

Jim's surgery is set for May 21st. It's a minor procedure but involves the heart. The plus side is it will get him off of the blood thinners, hopefully by time we leave on the cruise. We are waiting on his MRI results on the knee. The primary is advising against surgery but wants to get an idea what is going on in there. He fell again the other day because he refuses to use the walker all of the time. The cane is going in the trash this week. He bent it anyway.

My thumb is healing but I still can't bend it. The damage was on the knuckle so I will take it slowly.

@easyas123 - when are your parents cruising in August. I have an Alaskan cruise booked on Princess in August also. I sailed them 2 years ago and loved it. The ship had an issue that was fixed after the Alaska season was over but the crew, the food and everything else was fantastic. We loved it so much we booked with Princess again for this cruise with our grandson. I can't wait. If you have specific questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.

Not much going on here today other that report card conferences for my granddaughter. She has been having issues with a teacher so I am headed to the school while my daughter does the carpool. She prefers it that way since my I have done them since she started school in kindergarten.

Have a good day

when are your parents cruising in August. I have an Alaskan cruise booked on Princess in August also. I sailed them 2 years ago and loved it.

Hmmm I'm not sure, I think it's sometime during the second half of August. I'll have to double check! Glad to hear the good recommendations/thoughts on Princess from someone who has been on the line. Thanks!

@Snowysmom, glad you can begin planning the cruise!

We have our excursions set for our Alaska cruise in August.

Sunny here now. There was lightning last night as we were going to bed.

Good day, everyone!
There was one crack of thunder last night and one of the cats jumped of the bed and ran for cover.

It rained quite a bit this week, but we finally saw some sunshine earlier.

Good evening/late afternoon thread save. I just talked with Dr. S's office to confirm they had received my dad's new patient form and appointment request. Dad, I am grateful extra to God, agreed he very much was impressed with and liked Dr. S. He also agreed with me that being able to get the opinion of two podiatrists at no cost makes good sense all-around. I am keeping in prayer the doctor will be able to see him asap and God willing offer him some relief. Then, I also reminded them that I had yet to receive a reply to my email asking some follow up questions to my appointment with Dr. S last week and also my own request for a follow-up appointment at the end of this month or the beginning of May. God willing, updates to come. Meantime, I only napped this morning. I was sleepy after lunch as always but stayed up. Praying doing so will assist me in easier sleeping tonight, we shall see. Extra prayers sure appreciated. Thank you, dear friends, always.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you had better sleep during the night. And I hope you and your father get the answers and treatment for your foot issues.

Taz Glad Anthony's surgery went well. Best wishes for a good recovery. Thoughts and prayers for Jim for the surgery and that he uses the walker to be safe. Also for your thumb.

Good morning. It is 33 here with temps heading into the 40s. We got 2-3 inches of heavy wet snow. The people they have plowing at the complex are not the best. My duplex neighbor and I as well as a couple of other residents had big chunks of snow left in our driveways. Across the street the driveways were clear to the pavement. They kept just driving around doing nothing. My neighbor contacted the management office. It took 2 times and 2 hours to get our driveways cleaned out. I hope our new HOA looks for a new company. My friend in NH had 10 inches of snow by 9 am with more coming. She sent pictures and it was pretty but they had alot to shovel and snow blow. At least this time of year it will melt quickly.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Happy Friday!☔

Very grateful all the rain we've been getting isn't snow. I don't like dealing with snow during the winter, would really hate it in the spring.>:(

I work nightshift this weekend so I'll running on no sleep tonight. Make for a rough night. My boys are replacing the brakes on my car this weekend.:car:

I started watching the Taylor Swift concert movie last night 🎤. She definitely puts on a show, that's for sure. I like her music so I enjoyed it. I'll finish watching it tonight, hopefully we won't be busy at work. I switched over to Abbott Elementary. That show is so funny, kinda like The Office.:happytv:

Taz - glad to hear your grandson's surgery went well. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.🤞
Have a great weekend! :wave:

Good morning. Cloudy and only in the 40's today, and possibly more rain. I've had enough of it. Next week is supposed to be sunny and upper 60's, much more spring like.

I caught up on some tv last night. I had 2 Law and Order SVU's, and Next Level Chef, so I watched them.
@footballmouse I'm not a big Taylor Swift fan, but I did watch the Eras Concert on Disney+ and she puts on one heck of a show. I really enjoyed it, in fact I put it on yesterday just to listen to the music while I cleaned, lol

Have a good day

1712321066853.png

Good Morning🐣:grouphug:

Extra grace of God I enjoyed the blessing of a much easier more restful night. Nothing I did all glory and thanks forever from me to Him. So thankful. Yesterday as I posted, I only took a morning nap. Dad kindly took the care and time to make me hot chocolate before bed last night. The warm milk was relaxing. Tasted lovely, of course, as always, too :)

Stay warm and healthy prayers with love to each of you always, you know that. Cold, rainy morning here. Next week does say 80! That would be fantastic. All good and I am grateful in all. God willing I will have a podiatrist update later.

Have a happy day dear Quacker family💕

Last edited:
Good Morning

I finally felt an earthquake, usually I sleep through them as they are never that big in my area. This one had my whole house shaking. It was quite an experience but thankfully no damage to the house and no injuries.

We got the results from Jim's MRI and thankfully no structural issues in the knee but he has a lot of arthritis damage in it. Next step is an orthopedist. The one I loved and used for 30 or so years retired and most of them around here belong to a huge Orthopedic Corporation. I will be looking into what is available to get him seen but he needs to accept that he will be on a walker of some sort long term, possibly forever. I see it as a way to make him mobile, he sees it as it making him a cripple. I told him he needs to change his mindset.

Anthony is doing well and has a little pain so my daughter will not allow him to use the Oxycontin prescription. She has seen people face addiction issues from it and we both have seen addicts in the family, so she is being very strict with him. He knows his one uncle is an addict as my daughter and SIL want him to see the reality of what it does as a deterrent. He loves his uncle but also knows he has struggled to stay clean since Anthony was a baby. I think she is making the right decision on this one.

Not much going on here today so I will be working on some things on the computer. My thumb actually feels good enough that I could do some house cleaning. I couldn't grip a broom all week. Thankfully it is healing well.

Hope you all have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter