Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. We have sun now and it's going to mid 60's, but calling for rain later today. It was blustery and windy yesterday, so I was surprised when Dave called at 1:30 and said he was coming to paint the shed if I was home. I asked if it wasn't too windy, and he said it's never too windy. Well it was almost too windy, lol. He got the whole shed painted, but he was here until almost 6. The white looks so good, but the front needs the big X he made on the door to be blue to break it up. Trying to decide if I want to leave the corners white or do them blue. Next time he comes he'll do the blue, and then put up my She Shed sign and the 2 cat things I got for the walls on the front. Then I'll put my new door mat and the garden flag down and it will be done.
I was going to make swordfish for dinner last night, but it was almost 7 by the time I got everything done I needed to, so I'll have that tonight. I haven't decided if I want to make a corned beef or lamb tomorrow, I'm not a big fan of ham, and it's the first year I haven't gotten one at Easter time. I did make the frosting for the cake and got that finished and in the fridge. Summer is going to come sometime today and take it home, after I cut myself off 2 small pieces.
Off to clean the bathrooms.
Have a nice Saturday

1711809860520.png

Checked in at AKV but still waiting for rooms. The girls went to the lounge and got trail mix bags.
My DD then got them into swim suits and they are enjoying the pool with their Dad. Dad is probably bored and would usually like a nap and a beer, not necessarily in that order.

Other DD is bored and trying to decide whether she wants to go to Disney Springs. She doesn't want to swim.

Older DD loves the coffee machine in the lounge. Then she found her favorite tea in the tea collection and made a cup. So coffee, than tea.

Meanwhile I've sat by the firepit, ate a bit in the lounge and now I'm sitting in a comfortable chair and could possibly fall asleep!

We did all 4 parks and DD younger one went again for an extra day. I lasted the longest in Epcot, with just a few hours in the others. I always have tickets or an annual pass, but I don't ever just have to do anything so that was a lot for me.

Tomorrow we (younger DD and I) head out for Hilton Head with older DD and family flying home on Monday. They'll spend tomorrow night at MCO in the Hyatt as the flight is early. Easy walk to the plane.

Not over yet, but over so quick!

@Snowysmom, the picture sounds lovely. You are smart to let someone hang it for you!

Well, I just colored some eggs. They always look better on the box, but, I just always have to dye some eggs.

Tom just left with Gus for a walk, so, I will put out Gus’s food. He expects to eat as soon as he gets home!

@Judique, enjoy your CL stay!

Good evening!

Last edited:
Good morning and HAPPY EASTER!
Cloudy now, had a bad thunderstorm last night. It was weird, the desk light in the computer room blinked, and my router went off. Nothing else in the house lost power except for that. It took almost 15 minutes for it to come back on and I had to reboot and reset both tv's, which is odd. Usually it's only the living room one. No one at the internet company has any idea why. I attribute it to the storm, but the fact that nothing else went out was just strange

I had a piece of the cake I made. It was good, but even with a full jar of fluff in the frosting, it didn't taste very marshmallowy. Summer didn't come after the rest of it yesterday and I'm not sure she's coming today. If not I'll just eat one more piece and then dump it.

Have a lovely Easter everyone.
1711888633863.png27df65.jpg

Good evening all!

We are here at Hilton Head for just one night. I've been wanting to see the refurb and finally have the chance.

Had a nice Easter meal at Boathouse and then headed here by 3pm. Light traffic and arrived a bit after 8:30, after going through the line to gas up at Kroger for our ride back to Maryland.

Younger DD was 5 on her first visit here in 1997. She grew up here on our vacation trips during school breaks and summer for the beach. As a young adult over 30, she hasn't been since prepandemic. But I have been here 2-4 times a year for 26 years and have seen minor changes along the way, but nothing that erased the character so definitively.

Tonight she walked into our studio and her first response was 'what did they do? I hate it.'

I probably should have prepared her for the changes, but having seen most of this online, I thought it was mostly okay.

But it's not okay. Our rustic fishing lodge is now a slightly upscale Hyatt or Hilton. It has all the necessary improvements. The murphy bed, upgraded lighting and outlets and NO Hey Disney, at least in this room.

It's got the long counter and some drawers. That part is awkward and stupid. No table and those funny little footstools that are supposed to be seating?

With the lights on, there is a reflection back at me as I sit on my bed posting. The light is reflecting off the framed pics, which have glass (or something) over them. Okay, turned off the light. Oh, and white window shades?? These are the ones with the chains on the side so they will have fingers all over them.

They moved the full door mirror from the bath to the wall next to the murphy bed. It may be the same one or a replacement - at least they kept the amenity.

They kept the room mostly carpeted. It's nice enough. The saltillo tiles are gone. Maybe they've been reclaimed. That's a thing with those tiles, as they work indoor and outdoors. Now we have basic cream tile. We will be able to spot the Palmetto bugs easier.

Kitchenette now has an extra under counter light - good.

Better counter around the sink, but don't whup anybody with the door - it comes right up to the sink when swung opened. It's all clean and up to date.

Ceiling fan is new and good to have. The light shades look cheap.

I like the butterflies and birds on the curtains, but I don't love the curtains. Again, too maybe shabby chic looking? Definitely not fishing lodge. Pluto and Mickey are in pictures. No Shadow. Shadow will always be part of our memory. You can erase him/her from the resort but you can't take away our memories or pictures of our children petting and sitting with a kind old dog.

I'll learn to live with this, for the few remaining years, but something tells me DD won't come back. That is a loss for me.

I was going to make swordfish for dinner last night, but it was almost 7 by the time I got everything done I needed to, so I'll have that tonight.
Swordfish?!? That is not something that is mentioned in PNW at all.

I am intrigued, how do you prepare it? Baked, bbq, seasoning? I am assuming it is a type of whitefish.

Easter joy albeit late to all with love. Christ is Risen indeed! Such a MIRACLE of LOVE for you and me, each of us. No words other than of course a humble Thank You, Jesus! Big hugs to each of you with all my love and sweet dream wishes. God willing, I will be talk with someone at Dr. S's (podiatrist) office tomorrow who will be helpful.

As I told my dad in his card, and say now to all of you with all my love, today for me is a reminder that no matter any darkness or trial, LOVE (because God IS Love) always wins. Praise be to God. May each of you have grown in faith this Holy Season.

Judique, just a HUG extra.

Attachments

• Quackers.jpg
    Quackers.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
  • He is Risen.jpg
    He is Risen.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
Judique Too bad the renovation at Hilton Head is not a good one. It is frustrating when they take something that was nice and make it not as nice. Safe travels back.

Good morning. It is 33 now with temps heading to 55. I walked like crazy yesterday getting in a bit over 11,000 steps. I was feeling very funky so decided to walk and walk and walk. I did walk with Kenny, the dog, and the kids when I brought over their Easter baskets. Also went around the complex and to the park in the next town over. I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up a couple of hours later with a bad sore throat, ear ache, sinus congestion, and a bit of a cough. I did not sleep well at all. I am tired and feel awful. It is close week at work so no time off for me. I am telling my boss that with the snow and icy mix expected Thursday I am not driving in that day. I am going to try to not go into the office all this week with having this bad cold and the weather. We'll see how that works out. This cold is courtesy typhoid Owen. He was coughing when he was here on Friday. No good deed goes unpunished.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Swordfish?!? That is not something that is mentioned in PNW at all.

I am intrigued, how do you prepare it? Baked, bbq, seasoning? I am assuming it is a type of whitefish.
DD just had swordfish at Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS this past week. She said it was good. I would say it's a firm fleshed whitefish. You can bake or broil or even fry it, but I prefer it broiled.

In other news, the Lobster roll at Boathouse was pretty good. The meat is served cold in the sandwich with a tartar sauce on the side and I had them bring me some plain mayo and ground pepper.

Judique Too bad the renovation at Hilton Head is not a good one. It is frustrating when they take something that was nice and make it not as nice. Safe travels back.

Good morning. It is 33 now with temps heading to 55. I walked like crazy yesterday getting in a bit over 11,000 steps. I was feeling very funky so decided to walk and walk and walk. I did walk with Kenny, the dog, and the kids when I brought over their Easter baskets. Also went around the complex and to the park in the next town over. I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up a couple of hours later with a bad sore throat, ear ache, sinus congestion, and a bit of a cough. I did not sleep well at all. I am tired and feel awful. It is close week at work so no time off for me. I am telling my boss that with the snow and icy mix expected Thursday I am not driving in that day. I am going to try to not go into the office all this week with having this bad cold and the weather. We'll see how that works out. This cold is courtesy typhoid Owen. He was coughing when he was here on Friday. No good deed goes unpunished.

Off to work. Have a good day.
I hope you feel better and get to work from home. Poor Owen. Sorry he's sick also. I have been pretty fortunate in staying reasonably healthy despite being around my grands and other people's grands a lot this year.

I think I'm really annoyed at the lack of theme. We are in a studio. Maybe the larger units will be better. Whatever, I will be back as I like the area and it's a great stop on my driving trips. I'll be here on my trip home in December and will stay a few days then. We are leaving in an hour or so. Funny, we are in one of the buildings with the best marsh view, but no time to enjoy it. The disregard for theming or homogeneity actually bothers me less at WDW because of the parks, even though almost all resorts are starting to look alike to me.

Easter joy albeit late to all with love. Christ is Risen indeed! Such a MIRACLE of LOVE for you and me, each of us. No words other than of course a humble Thank You, Jesus! Big hugs to each of you with all my love and sweet dream wishes. God willing, I will be talk with someone at Dr. S's (podiatrist) office tomorrow who will be helpful.

As I told my dad in his card, and say now to all of you with all my love, today for me is a reminder that no matter any darkness or trial, LOVE (because God IS Love) always wins. Praise be to God. May each of you have grown in faith this Holy Season.

Judique, just a HUG extra.

Thanks for the hug! I'll pass it on to DD. She is most disappointed. I've gotten used to how the new Disney approach doesn't wow anymore. But, it's clean and fresh and the beds are most comfortable. I slept well. Also a bit of new tech doesn't hurt and certainly adding enough plug and USB outlets is a huge plus.

Happy Easter a day late.

My trip to Disney was everything I hoped for as I really relaxed quite a bit. The crowds were very large but I managed. Then I came home to reality. My dad was sick, thankfully doing better and we all spent time with my parents yesterday and a true blessing my youngest brother stayed with Dad so my mom could go to church. the first time in a month as dad cannot be left alone, he is falling on a regular basis.

My husband has had drs appointments and an MRI in the couple weeks I have been home. He is having issues with a knee and the family doctor wants to see what is going on and then we are off to an orthopedist, Jim was driving me to the point of wanting to leave and never come back. I had a great talk with my dad and I understand Jim a little better now. I was making him feel like a cripple. He knows that he is handicapped but he doesn't want to FEEL handicapped so I need to stop doing everything and let him do somethings around the house. Just no taking out the trash! The stress got to me so bad that I just cut myself off. Anthony has his first of 2 surgeries to repair his knee this week.

Yesterday was a good day in many ways except for the fact that I Cut my thumb on the cheese grater pretty badly. I'm going to see the dr, today because my hospital is an 8 hour+ wait on a good day, I didn't want to spend Easter there. Urgent Cares were closed for the holidays and I had an Easter Egg Hunt to run art church. I made the right choice as the kids had a great time as always.

I did keep up over the last few weeks but like I said I had a lot going on and really didn't want to share much as I was trying to process life on my own.

Hop you all have a great day, we are getting rain for at least the next 3 days. I may never get my back yard done.

Good Monday morning.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter yesterday. I met up with Jacob & Mitchell (and the girls) yesterday morning for brunch. It was nice but I felt a little rushed b/c I had to be at work by 12:00 and I still had to stop home to change. Evan & Bailey didn't go to NC this weekend as planned. Mia started with a fever Thursday and by Friday is was up to 104. I had her Saturday afternoon so they could go car shopping. I rocked her for 2 hours while she took a nap. Poor baby just felt awful. Mitchell and I had to run some errands so I just sat in the car with her while Mitchell ran in the stores. I stopped and got her McDonald's because she wasn't eating. She ate a couple of nuggest, the whole bag of apple slices and drank 1/2 of the apple juice. At least it was something. They were undecided about coming to brunch but when they woke up, Mia was feeling better but Evan & Bailey are now sick. Hopefully they can bounce back quick.

Working a little later tonight, we have a big retreat for management that my boss is hosting so I'll be here an extra hour. Then I'll need to rush home and get Carly to the vet by 6:15 for her check-up. I have some things to discuss with the vet. I think Carly is losing her hearing and she's been acting strange off and on for the past couple of months.

Got a lot of my Spring cleaning done Friday and Saturday morning. Glad that's done. I really need to repaint my baseboards. I got my deck furniture out from under the tarp. It was so nice this past weekend, definitely wanted to sit outside.

Well back to work. I have to go pick up some easels from another department that I need for this retreat. Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter