Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

It's a semi rainy day here, too. Good cocoa weather :) Thanks dear Snowysmom. I'm just so thankful to have the appointment on Tuesday. Quiet day around here which is nice. I've been getting more daytime rest, dad did, too, yesterday, which was such a blessing. Nights can still be hard. Any sleep is truly a grace :) Afternoon hug to all with love.

Man I love the RAIN

I was okay with it this morning until I went to my basement. Found a damp corner in the unfinished side under my electrical panel box. I thought it was coming up through the floor! Eventually solved the mystery with the help of Dave the Electrician. Water was seeping in along the main electrical cable from outside into the panel box because the caulk had failed. A $5 trip to Lowes by a friend to pick up the correct replacement caulk and a half hour later it was fixed.

But, before all this, when I realized there was water dripping out of my electrical panel, you could say I was perturbed. As it turned out there was no danger as the water was minimal and did not come in contact with wiring, but I didn't know that immediately. I had visions of having to cancel my Disney trip that starts tomorrow. Or my house catching fire.

Huge hug Judique and thank God you are safe!:grouphug:I hope your trip is now extra fun!

Sad but not fully surprising news is my 100 1/2 year old friend Sue died. She will always be in my heart. I thank each of you for caring about her, too, from across the country especially on her 99th birthday. She touched my life tremendously for sure. I pray to live to be her age and have her faith, mind, and spirit. Extra reminder to never wait to tell someone you care. Love extra to all of you. Sweet dreams too.

In other news, and I may have posted this already, but I'm chilling with my coffee waiting for my DD to bring my grands.

Yesterday I was able to get my 2 bedroom Boardwalk View Villa for next February!! Two things here - first there must be a studio which are the first to be booked - Boardwalk View and Standard don't last 3 seconds at 11 months. Garden View would have been no problem but I wanted BW view this time for my brother.

My neice and I have been planning since we left Disney a month ago. I let her know and then we brought my brother and wife into the loop. They are all in and already looking forward to it.

Most of this is spending time together. I'm close with my family and we are all getting older.

Meanwhile some others want to join so there will also be offsite accommodations, maybe a house afterwards. My neice had 2 of her weeks off and hopefully her husband can also come depending on what's going on with his practice. I'm also hoping they announce a Moonlight Magic during our time but will not say anything until it's available, if it happens.

@Judique Glad your water issue was easily solved. Safe and happy travels for you. Looking forward to trip reports. Great that you got what you want for next Feb. I agree with spending time with family. I am trying to get something together for next summer. This summer I am traveling with older DS and grandkids but younger DS has other plans. Next summer maybe NH again.

@flyingdumbo127 So sorry about your friend Sue. It sounds like she had a long, love filled life with friends and family.

Good morning. It is 25 here now and going to be a chilly one. Yesterday I went to the gym as well as did alot of housework. Now I have to figure out what is going on with my 4 month old vacuum. It is not auto emptying as it should. I googled, cleaned sensors, took it apart, nothing works. I suspect one of the grandkids may have pushed a button or something last week as that is when it stopped working. I will have to ask Kenny to take a look as I am stumped. I did make a change to my Dec Disney trip yesterday. Since I want to look at Christmas decorations I was thinking Coronado Springs was not the best place for access to parks etc for that. I asked Jeff for his opinion. I like the Boardwalk area. He asked how much more club level is at one of those resorts compared to Coronado. I told him. He advised that I look into booking at Boardwalk area as I deserve it and have not spent as much on travel as I had budgeted. Plus I can look at it as birthday and Christmas gifts to me. So I changed my res to Beach Club, club level. I will blame Jeff! LOL! I feel better now as I can go to Epcot whenever I want or to the hotels around Boardwalk to see the decorations. I only need a bus for MK as I probably won't go to AK. My May 2024 trip is at Boardwalk Inn water view. That was a bounceback offer and a good deal.

Have a good Sunday.

Hugs and thank you all with love. I recently discovered a show called On the Road with Steve Hartman. Remember always YOU make a kind difference. God loves you. I care, too. God willing one day perhaps we will start a Quacker outreach together. By the gracecof God we have already. ❤️✝️to all. Hugs!

Good morning. Another cold start, but we're on the warm up, going to 60. Good thing, because the grass needs mowing, just need Dave to get the blades sharpened.
I stirred the paint for the ramp and trim and brought it up, might get the ramp done as soon as it warms up. Brought the rider battery up from the charger, waiting for it to warm up to do that too. I swept out the new shed, showed another of the cats how to get in the cat door. He went in and curled up in the corner, lol. I had to show him how to get out so I could close the door. I got the self propelled mower out of the side yard where it's been sitting for a week, and put that in the shed. Just waiting to get the tractor in there as soon as the shelves are up. I'm not sure if he's coming today or tomorrow.

Off to find something to take out of the freezer for dinner.
Have a nice Sunday, and a peaceful Palm Sunday

1711289183045.png

Lynn I love that you are training the cats how to get in and out of the shed.

When I think of Palm Sunday I think of the song Little Grey Donkey. Kenny was in the choir for a couple of years as a kid and they sang that every Palm Sunday. It is a song that will stay in your head for hours! It is going round and round in my head right now.

Good morning. It is 28 degrees now with temps heading into the 40s. Sunny today but rain coming back late tomorrow and Wed and Thurs. So tired of the dreary weather. Ellie is still fighting the flu. Yesterday her temp spiked. They called the doctor and was told to alternate advil and tylenol for the fever. By evening Jeff said she perked up alot and the temp was down. She missed school most of the last week and will probably be out at least 2 more days. Jeff is sick too but feeling better.

I have to call Shark vacuum support as my vacuum just died yesterday after days of trouble. I believe the battery is faulty and not charging. I did all the troubleshooting tips in the manual. After 5 days of not auto emptying and lights changing colors on the battery pack and the wand, the battery light came on red and the vacuum will not go on anymore. The vacuum is only 3-4 months old. It has a one year limited warranty and they can decide what they will cover depending on if they believe it was owner error. My vacuum worked well until it didn't anymore. I want a new battery.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning.:daisy:

Worked all weekend so I didn't do anything fun. Watched the basketball tournament as much as I could. Supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow, wish I was working from home then.🌧️

Snowysmom - glad you decided on a different resort for your Xmas trip. Beach Club is a lot more accessible than Coronado. I love Beach Club, never stayed club level though, I'm sure that will be nice.

Judique - have a great trip!

Dumbo - good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Have a great day! :wave:

Prayers for Ellie dear Snowysmom. I"m sorry she's still sick. You please be warm and well:hug:

:hug:Footballmouse and thank you. Please stay warm and take care too.

:hug:Thanks dear Easyas. Sue was indeed a remarkable lady. You and everyone else in our Quacker family would have loved her and vice versa. Be warm and well. Rest more by the fire with your doggie crew!

Holy Week extra love to all. May each of you grow in faith this week ahead.

Good morning everyone.
We are getting a lot of rain!
Oh man it came down around here as well, we got about 2 1/2" - at least according to the rain gauge!
Sad but not fully surprising news is my 100 1/2 year old friend Sue died.
Sorry for your loss, sounds like she probably saw a lot in her 100 years, it must have been great hearing her stories and thoughts on the years.
Bye bye Maryland. Hello Florida!
Have a good time! Safe travels!
So I changed my res to Beach Club, club level. I will blame Jeff! LOL!
I read this and actually said "damn, good for her!" aloud! We've only done club level once, over at Boardwalk. We really like the Beach Club as well. It's a great spot for accessing Epcot.

Good day to you all. Another week is upon us. I'm headed to southern DE for two meetings tomorrow, and then back down to the NC offices for a quick 2 day trip down there towards the end of the week. Depending on traffic I should be home by about 6ish Friday evening :thumbsup2 Saturday I am going to the local 4H auction (@Judique - Homestead Gardens REALLY came thru, I was in the Smyrna DE shop yesterday buying stuff for a 'basket' of items we were donating and when they found out it was for 4H they threw in another $100 gift card! I was taken away, I do frequent their store but this really was nice and will be bringing me into their store more often). My in-laws will be around this weekend for the Holiday, they stay at my BIL's house so we will be going over there Saturday for dinner. I have a arms length - pleasant and polite but no more - with them, but I'm going to be supportive of my SIL (she has similar relationship) and my husband. Sunday it looks like we will be mowing and doing a lot of outdoor type chores. We will have a small bonfire if the wind is in our favor Sunday afternoon. Eldest is off doing whatever for the weekend and youngest and his wife will be celebrating Easter with her family, as they are very devout.
I need to carve out some time to complete the zoning paperwork and get to work on our pool construction. I need to pick out pavers and tiles and grout colors and decide on the final size/shape. To say I am chuffed to finally be getting this done is a major understatement.
Ok - I have a Teams meeting in 30 minutes and I need to coordinate a grooming appt. for one of the dogs w/ my husband and his schedule this week so I better get this day started. Have a good day everyone -

Good Monday morning. Cold start once again, but going to be sunny and 60 again. I cleaned out the other shed yesterday, and cleaned off the riding mower. Put the battery in and filled it with gas. Don't want to start it and put it in the new one until Dave has sharpened the blade. I moved stuff like the trash can, bird baths and wheelbarrows in there for now, until I get the rider out of the other shed. Then I'll be able to move in both of them.

Watched Idol last night, auditions are done, next week they start thinning it down.

Hoping Dave remembered to get the gutter made today. Lowes only carries 10' sections and I need 12 and if you join 2 they always leak. I need to color my hair today too, maybe after dinner when he's done for the day.
Have a good day
1711374619604.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter