Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Yesterday was such a cold windy day. I did walk a couple of times but it was so cold. It was busy too with going to the office, getting the kids at the bus, and dealing with some issues. Jeff now has the flu. He texted last night. We will not be able to see our cousin tomorrow or go to see the funeral director to prepay funeral expenses. I wanted to get that done but it is what it is. No idea when we will be able to go again as Jeff's kids start up activities next month. This just seems to be a week of issues.

Thinking of all. Safe travels for those traveling soon.

Off to work. Have a good day.

I'm in Florida right now too. I wasn't sure this trip was going to come off, so I didn't really post about it ahead of time. But we made it down yesterday, and are staying with my Aunt and Uncle for a couple of days. Then we plan to spend a couple of days at Disney (AKL as well - it must be the popular Quacker resort!)

Sorry I'll miss you, @bobbiwoz.

Maybe we'll cross paths, @Judique!

Good morning all!:eeyore:

Hopefully today will be the last cold day :cold:. The forecast looks good for next week for Opening Day (baseball), I can't wait!⚾

Got caught up on The Amazing Race episode from Wednesday night. After that I switched over to the college basketball games. I caught the big upset of UK, which I was happy about.🏀

Today is Evan's bday, he turns 30 :bday:. Can't believe that little boy is now 30. Time flies, that's for sure.

Bought my lottery ticket for tonight's drawing and one for the Saturday drawing 🤞. Good Lord, what I could do with that money!!!

Snowysmom - hopefully the flu doesn't set your son back for long. 😷

Pollyanna - that's a big gator. 🐊

Have a great day! :wave:

Good chilly morning. It's sunny, but we went down to 23 last night. Going to be 60 today, with rain moving in tonight and into tomorrow

We got the metal roof up, and the door is on. The hole for the cat door is cut, but he forgot to take the 2x4 on the inside when he cut, so he's bringing his jigsaw today and cutting part of the 2x4 away so he can drop the door down 1/2". Today is finishing the cat door, going to get the rest of the materials, putting the gutters on, the trim at the top over the door so I'm not looking at the eaves. Then the corner pieces, the lattice work, the ramp, and the shelves, then it will be done. The tree will come down the first nice weekend we have, maybe next weekend as the outlook for the next 10 days looks good.

I got grocery shopping done and was home long before he got here yesterday. Summer saw the spinal surgeon yesterday, and he said that her arthritis is progressing too rapidly and he doesn't think surgery is an option. He told her to continue physical therapy and add water therapy to it too, so she's getting a membership to the Y so she can get in their pool.

Going to try and get my cleaning done before he gets here after lunch. I need to dust and vacuum, put the kitchen rugs in the wash, clean the bathrooms and swiffer the floors. I want tomorrow to take a break, lol

Have a great day. @footballmouse - 🎂 Happy birthday to Evan!
@PollyannaMom Have a great trip!

1711114084879.png

Good chilly morning. It's sunny, but we went down to 23 last night. Going to be 60 today, with rain moving in tonight and into tomorrow

We got the metal roof up, and the door is on. The hole for the cat door is cut, but he forgot to take the 2x4 on the inside when he cut, so he's bringing his jigsaw today and cutting part of the 2x4 away so he can drop the door down 1/2". Today is finishing the cat door, going to get the rest of the materials, putting the gutters on, the trim at the top over the door so I'm not looking at the eaves. Then the corner pieces, the lattice work, the ramp, and the shelves, then it will be done. The tree will come down the first nice weekend we have, maybe next weekend as the outlook for the next 10 days looks good.

I got grocery shopping done and was home long before he got here yesterday. Summer saw the spinal surgeon yesterday, and he said that her arthritis is progressing too rapidly and he doesn't think surgery is an option. He told her to continue physical therapy and add water therapy to it too, so she's getting a membership to the Y so she can get in their pool.

Going to try and get my cleaning done before he gets here after lunch. I need to dust and vacuum, put the kitchen rugs in the wash, clean the bathrooms and swiffer the floors. I want tomorrow to take a break, lol

Have a great day. @footballmouse - 🎂 Happy birthday to Evan!
@PollyannaMom Have a great trip!

View attachment 844172
So Mickey is allowed to sit on the balcony railing?? Shame shame Mickey! All the little kids will want to do this next! <G>

Poor Summer, dear Lynn🙏I do have a few elderly church friends that take a water aerobics class at the Y which they enjoy. When I was younger I enjoyed swimming. Prayers the water is healing to Summer.

Update is I heard back from Hazel at Dr. S's office. I will have an appointment on Tuesday from 10-12:30 (this does seem odd to me for a doctor but how blesed I am she is going to come period). I was told Dr. S will call me a half hour before she comes. I am grateful also to Hazel for forwarding my foot history (Hazel had asked me to provide current concerns and issues) to Dr. S.

My only hesitation is in regard to payment. I will be calling the office back to confirm my options. I am just old fashioned and prefer to not give credit card information out over the phone. I will definitely thanks to God have a Tuesday update. Meantime, I am expecting the protective foamy shoe from Amazon tomorrow. I want to have it to be able to show Dr. S on Tuesday. I am hoping it will be a good transition between the boot and normal shoes.

Hugs to all always with love. Good afternoon :)

Last edited:
Good evening dear 🐣💕I officially have an appointment between 10 and 12:30 on Tuesday. I'm truly so grateful all the extra to God! The cost is a lot for us. However what a blessing that it is less than any phone or in person would have been! I absolutely will update Tuesday afternoon sometime. I thank each of you, always, for your extra prayers. I did, btw, include in the history that I emailed Dr.S, that dad and I God willing would love to celebrate my birthday this May at Disneyland. I will of course thank her Tuesday for among other things helping make that possible. Heartfelt thank you to all of lovely you for continuing to believe that dad and I will go and have a great time.

Sweet Dreams with all my love dear friends. Extra hug to Pea.

Good rainy Saturday morning. I could actually use the rain, I need a day off from working outside on the shed. Dave said he would come over if it stopped raining, but it's not going to stop until noontime or so. The corner trim is up, the ramp is down, the cat door is properly installed and we went to Lowes and got the lattice work, gutters, and paint. He has the boards for the shelves at home, so he's going to bring them. He's going to take care of the mower the next time he comes too.
I put one of the outside cats in thru the door yesterday. She came right back out. About 20 minutes later she wandered back and stood there looking at it. I put her in again, hoping she'd figure out the flap, and she stayed in there for about 3 minutes and then found her way out. Now if only the rest of them can figure it out, they'll be able to go in there and sleep in the boxes at night or when it's bad weather.
Laundry is in, all the cats are asleep, and I think I'm going to lay down for another half hour. I'm still tired. Caught up on some shows last night. nothing exciting.

Have a great day

1711203047155.png

@flyingdumbo127 Glad you have an appt set up. Expense is an issue but it sounds like it is less expensive than other options and you do not need to find a way to leave your home.

Lynn I hope the cats like the new shed and get used to it.

Good rainy morning. We had a coating of snow and now it is rain. I went to BJ's this morning and found some good deals to stock up on that are not too big to handle. I got a couple of books for me and a couple for grandkids birthdays coming up. Next up is cleaning the showers. I have already cleaned the rest of the bathrooms. I made whole wheat pancakes for breakfast. It is a new recipe with yogurt and honey. It was OK, tasty but the pancakes burned easily. I will look for a different recipe. Jeff and I had to reschedule our visit to Chris' cousin and the funeral director. Jeff is still recovering from the flu. Kenny is on his way to the Dominican Republic. So it is an alone weekend. Since I am in a bit of a funk already this is just sending me a bit more into it. I am looking forward to Disney in May. We just paid off the August cruise so we can begin planning and making dining res next month. I need to get away from reality for a bit. I am thinking of changing my resort for my Dec trip from Coronado Springs to a Boardwalk resort. I like the idea of just being able to walk to Epcot to see Christmas decorations at the end of each day. I may wait and see what the bounceback offer is in May. I know Coronado Springs with be new and be an adventure but taking the bus everywhere is not my favorite thing to do. But if I do it off times it is not bad.

Have a good Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter