Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

My younger DD fell in love with Scotty years ago and we saw him in Baltimore a bit after his time on the show.

@lynxstch Glad you enjoyed it!

Funny thing - whenever I drive to Florida and we are going through North Carolina near 70, I always think of him because he was born in Garner. My DD couldn't miss the show!

And, when we were at DHS, during the time they had the show there we would watch it as often as we could get in the theater.

Last edited:
Good morning!
Quiet day here. Am sad about the Logan County Ohio Tornado deaths and injuries. We lived in Montgomery County, not too far from Loga.

Tonight, DH and I are heading to Ocean City NJ. There’s a Lenten Service with music that I just can’t miss.
IMG_5365.jpeg
We are also packing a little bit today.

Good day all. I will remember to say some extra prayers.

Lynn, I am so thankful extra to God that you had such a great time, yay! Thanks on the podiatrist. I will make calls later.

Bobbi, hugs and safe travel prayer. I would also love to attend that church service with you. God willing, one Sunday we will have a Quacker pew at a church.

Lynn So glad the concert was fun. Nice that the parking was so close and easy to do. I hope Summer is recovering well from her surgery.

Bobbiwoz Enjoy the Lenten concert tonight. Safe travels on your trip.

It is 34 degrees here now and a bit cloudy. It is supposed to get into the 50s today. I do hope the sun comes out. Yesterday was a dreary day with drizzle off and on. More rain coming tomorrow. I hope to walk at the lake today as well as around the complex. I am not sure if I will be seeing anyone. Kenny has the kids but his GF has her niece visiting so they are busy with that. Jeff and family always have a busy social life. I went to Market Basket yesterday to get a corned beef meal for tomorrow. It is way too much food for me to cook a corned beef so I thought I would just get a premade meal. I have not had corned beef and cabbage in years. I am looking forward to my Disney trip in May. I so need some time away from reality and just enjoy some time with my friend and with Mickey and friends. Work has been getting a bit much lately so I need a break from that.

Have a good Saturday.

@Snowysmom, we both enjoyed the concert, and a very happy we went. St Augustine’s church building is beautiful, with wonderful stained glass windows. Very different from any others in my experience. It did rain on our way home, but it was only 30 miles away, straight down the GSP, and there was no traffic.

In our absence next week, our handyman will be making our wooden ramp safer. We have found that when wet, canes just slide on the wood, and so far no one has fallen, but it’s been hairy.

Today we mostly will be doing prepping for our trip tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good day!

Good morning. Sunny and heading for 65. Have to get moving, as Dave just called and they're on their way to get the woodshed torn down. Then they'll take the stuff back to his house and dump it in his giant burn pile, and we'll go to Lowes and get the materials if we have time. Gotta get the cat boxes out of there, and unlock the mower and move it to the side of the house.

Summer's surgery went well, but was complicated by the 3 C Sections she had. She was home by 5:30. Haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, her mother texted me to let me know. Thank you for the well wishes for her.

Quickly going to put fresh sheets on the bed and throw the others in the wash

Have a great day.
1710595632047.png

Old shed is gone and disposed of. Spent an hour and a half in Lowes and got all of the wood for the floors, walls, and roof. Got a nice sliding window, got the hinges and the lock. All he has to do on Monday is go and get the metal roofing material. He'll be back tomorrow morning around 9 to start getting the floor leveled and down. Should be done by Tuesday. The outdoor cats will have to suffer and stay under the front porch tonight. It's not supposed to be freezing so they'll be fine.

Summer said she's in a lot of pain and they gave her nothing to bring home for it. That makes zero sense to me. She was sitting on the porch getting a little air before going back to sleep.

Have a nice evening

Lynn Can Summer contact someone to get pain meds? It is ridiculous that they let her go home after surgery without pain meds. Glad your shed is getting done.

Bobbiwoz Have a fun trip.

It is another dreary day here with rain this morning. The dreariness is getting old. Yesterday was such a nice day. I went walking at the Lake 2 towns over. I saw swans in the lake. They would go upside down to find food in the lake. I attached 2 pics. It was nice to be out in nature. I also got 2 patio chairs at Lowes. I see a patio table I like at Target and will get that at some point. I did not want to pay an arm and a leg for a patio set so I am just buying what I like separately. It is only me on the deck.

Jeff and 3 of the kids are coming over today for lunch. Luke is not feeling well with a cold and a slight fever. Aimee wants to get some spring cleaning done. I have already been to Wegman's this morning to get turkey, bread, strawberries, chips, and cookies for lunch. I was hoping the eclipse books I got from Amazon would be here today but no such luck. I got the books for the kids in memory of Chris and how I know he would want to kids to understand eclipses. He would have explained the whole process to them in great detail.

Have a good Sunday. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Attachments

• Swan.jpg
    Swan.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Swan feeding.jpg
    Swan feeding.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4
Happy St. Patrick's Day Sunday friends:grouphug:

Snowysmom:hug:grandkid prayers and thank you for the swan pictures. Pray they brought dear you some added peace.

Lynn and PollyannaMom, everyone:grouphug:of course too. Have a safe and wonderful trip, Bobbi! Dazed, thinking of you and sending extra love, Frog, Kirby, AuntieMe3, and Pea too. Easyas, hug and I do hope you are enjoying some rest!

Last edited:
They've been here working since 9. The floor is down and levelled, the back wall with the window (hardest one to do) is up and standing. We go from full sun to clouds and wind. Temps only about 56 today. Dave's son is here working with him. They're planning on working for another 3 or so hours today, and then coming back tomorrow afternoon. He's hoping it will be done by Tuesday.

Corned beef is in the crockpot. Will make real mashed potatoes and carrots later in the pressure cooker, and then steam some cabbage.

Have a nice afternoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter