Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good afternoon.

I really need some prayers right now. I just found out my son is having some tests tomorrow but they suspect he has cancer. I am trying to stay positive but cancer runs in my husband's family. His father, brother and sister all died from it.

I'm to shell shocked right now to think straight.

On a positive note my dad is doing better and may come home this weekend.

Thank you everyone. I believe in the power of prayer so even if the tests are positive I am hoping it's early.

All I know is that he called my husband and told him he has a lump in his neck and something about his chest and they are thinking cancer. There is a strong history of it in my husband's family and my son has smoked since he was a teenager. Believe me I tried to get him to stop so many times knowing that was most likely the cause for his grandfather, aunt and uncle and their cancer - that they all died from. I am just terrified right now. The Disney trip will be a much needed break - 4 weeks from today I will be working on just me and my mental health.

:grouphug:Taz❤️along with so much extra love and prayers my friend! Always, care, you know that! Praying for your family all around!

Snowysmom, don't let anywhere ever intimate dear you! You are such a strong courageous lady who I admire! It is too easy to compare ourselves at times to others. Remember the only perfect Person to ever walk among us humans is Jesus! He LOVES you as He made you, wonderfully, fearfully, and perfectly :)

Pea, :dogdance:reunion cheer always. I am smiling to remember how happy Champ and I always were to see each other! Precious. Thank you again, all of you, on dad. We are still celebrating! He still has binders to open. The reason I asked yesterday whether any of you go to IHOP was/is dad birthday related. Please PM me if you do. I have a favor to ask. Also, should you go to Wendy's I have a treat to offer someone. I did also post this in the gratitude thread. Dad was so moved by everything! He truly was. I will let all of you know eventually a postcard total. He also did receive a ton of notes/greeting cards. We are so blessed indeed. I have yet to receive a reply from the Dodgers regarding help with a stadium tour, I will share if/when I do. Disneyland wise, dad was stunned by specifics of that surprise as was I. I'm not able to share exact details as I gave my word to a kind local hotel manager not to do so. I will share that by the grace of God alone and His love connecting me to a kind local hotel manager along with family and friends who out of the complete blue contributed, (I had been secretly saving money as well for months), our 2-night, 3-day trip to Disneyland including EVC rental (something we had realized would be handy before either of our feet issues began) has a HUGE portion covered already. Disneyland is currently selling a SoCal Resident 3-day ticket through May at a big discount. Dad nor I at the moment have the health to go to Disneyland nor would either of us feel comfortable yet Covid wise doing so. God willing, in His perfect time and way, if it is His will for us, I know this will happen be it before June or whenever. Joy to have the blessing of thinking about. I can share a bit more by PM only if any of you are interested.

Footballmouse, prayers indeed you are continuing to recover! Lynn the same, of course to Summer with so many prayers and always to dear you, you know that.

Bobbi, prayers you, Tom, and Gus are well. PollyannaMom, you know you are always in my prayers. I wish health extra to your son that is for sure.

Love to all of you always!

Last edited:
Good morning! Woke up early because, well, my nose is stuffed up and my throat and head hurt. :p No surprise.

@footballmouse Interesting you got a strep throat after your trip! Glad you’re feeling better.

Our completely full flight home last night had a LOT of coughing and sneezing children. And one vomited right next to us all over the parents. :eek: The smell lingered for the rest of the flight. And I saw one parent, with a vomit covered hand, reach into the seat pocket to get the puke bag, fishing around for it. I mentioned it to the FA as we were leaving so they could clean it. I don’t even touch those or the trays anymore.

If I’m sick, though (and I’ve tested negative for Covid twice, so far), it was likely from the flight down, or something else at the beginning of our trip. Who knows. Hopefully it’s just a quickie.

I can’t wait to see my boys today! We missed them a lot. I had a steak one night and it was strange not having them to take the scraps home to. I called to check on them and they said they were doing fine.

Have we heard from @easyas123 yet to hear how their trip was? Dazed? Bobbi? Judique?

Mona, would love to hear more about how your Dad reacted to his gifts! Hope your feet are better.

Well I’m going to load up with motrin now and maybe go back to sleep if I can. I just had a hot coffee to help my throat.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday! 🐥

I'm here at Disney and in for the night after spending the morning at Animal Kingdom and then a few hours in Epcot. I was so tired, I got on the boat to ride back to Boardwalk and realized I'm staying at BCV. Fortunately I got off before they were ready to leave.

Family arrives tomorrow night fairly late. We are meeting for a late breakfast at 10am, and will go from there.

Not really sure what I want to do tomorrow. I'll get up and do whatever I feel like.

Had a late lunch at Yak n Yeti. I had a burger and it was really good! Afterwards I was thinking of having the pumpkin creme brulee and my waiter suggested I try the pineapple upside down cake with ice cream instead. Again, delicious! Couldn't eat all the food - there were fries and other veggies, but took it back with me anyway. Habit I guess. I won't be eating anymore of it as I have other meals already planned.

Good afternoon.

I really need some prayers right now. I just found out my son is having some tests tomorrow but they suspect he has cancer. I am trying to stay positive but cancer runs in my husband's family. His father, brother and sister all died from it.

I'm to shell shocked right now to think straight.

On a positive note my dad is doing better and may come home this weekend.
I too, have asked and received for prayers from this wonderful band of Dis'ers. It goes without saying that I will do the same for you!

Breathe and lean on us

Good morning.:sunny:

Taz - positive thoughts and positive vibes are headed to your family!🤞🙏

Judique - sounds like you're enjoying your trip so far and once the family arrives it will probably get a little hectic. Enjoy the calmness today and have fun!::MickeyMo

Pretty boring these days so I don't have anything to talk about. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning.:sunny:

Taz - positive thoughts and positive vibes are headed to your family!🤞🙏

Judique - sounds like you're enjoying your trip so far and once the family arrives it will probably get a little hectic. Enjoy the calmness today and have fun!::MickeyMo

Pretty boring these days so I don't have anything to talk about. Have a great day! :wave:

Today I'm starting out slow! Just ate breakfast and finishing off my coffee. It's 55 going to 75 in a couple of hours. Then it moves into the low 80ties for the weekend.

Being lazy after the long parks day yesterday. Will soon get dressed and out, probably over to Disney Springs. I also have to go to the outlet mall to find those little sock liners, as the ones I have are too large for some slip on shoes I have. Or maybe I should go to Walmart or Target for that.

I think it will be pretty laid back with family as my brother doesn't move too fast. I may just stay back with him if niece and SIL want to shop.

Since I will be returning for the last week in March with my daughters and grands, I'm ok with vegging a bit. Going to suggest a couple of side trips to see if it works for my brother, maybe Tarpon Springs, although that might be too far.

Or a visit to have some fresh strawberry shortcake not far from here (Parkesdale Farms in Plant City) since it's the season.

Good morning everyone
Sunny and going to be mid 50's again.

Summer wanted to go shopping with me yesterday after her MRI, so we never left here until almost 3. It was a good thing, she really needed to talk. She didn't want to go home and tell her husband or kids right away. The MRI of her spine was very very bad compared to the one she had done last year. Her spine has deteriorated badly. They're telling her the only option is surgery, which might leave her paralyzed. She told them she's not letting anyone touch her back. That she'll live with the pain and hopefully still be able to move.

I swear it's one thing after the other with her. She's waiting for her doctor to read the results (which Summer already had by the time she got to the parking lot to leave the hospital). Her doctor never believes that her pain is as bad as it is. This is the same doctor who told her not to let her pain get unmanageable, yet when Summer called there last week before going to the ER, the doctor has yet to even acknowledge the 'urgent message' the nurse sent her. The same doctor who wasn't even there when she had her appointment on Friday. I say it's time for a new doctor!
I've been getting mild headaches lately, and finally realized that it was because my hair had gotten too long. I tie it up on my head every night before I go to sleep, and I think that's what's doing it. So when I was at Walmart yesterday I walked down and made an appointment for a haircut with my stylist today. At noontime, it's getting cut to where it belongs, lol.

Lily and Gracie and their respective boyfriends are going to a school dance this weekend. Lily's going to drive them all here for me to see how they look. She says it would mean a lot to her, and they always used to come and show Granddad, and she doesn't want me to think anything's changed. That made me cry, it was so sweet.

Believe it or not, Summer got their dresses at Goodwill. She found 2 brand new dresses with tags still on, $250 each. She paid $9.99 for one and $4.99 either. It's nuts that people give stuff to Goodwill that they never even wore. She got their shoes there too.
I know things are tight right now with her husband being laid off, and I wanted to do something for the girls to make the dance a little more special. While I was in Holiday Hair I got them each a gift card to get their hair done, and then stopped at the nail salon and got them gift cards to get their nails done. Summer is even making their corsages, and the boutonniere's.

I don't remember if I told you about the water leak they had. It was leaking for at least 3 weeks, and it wasn't until the snow melted that her husband could dig and find it. She got the water bill yesterday. $933,,isn't that insane?

I guess that's all I have to say this morning. Have a great day

1707403318541.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter