Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Pea-n-Me Glad you are having a nice time.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your Dad had a nice birthday.

Good morning. Cold again as usual, but going into the 30s today. Yesterday I walked alot and Kenny came by with the kids for a little bit. Then I went to the transitions program. It was not what I had anticipated. It was more about mindfulness when going through transitions and thinking about your emotions and how to keep what works for you. It was kind of like mindfulness light and preparing for transitions that you choose such as retirement. I was hoping for some guidance on finding constructive ways to figure out how to get through the life that the transitions bring. The person leading the program was OK but not really overly instructive. Well, at least I was out of the condo for 2 hours with other people.

Have a good day.

Happy Monday!

Not much to talk about from the weekend since I worked all weekend. I did have dinner with Mitchell and his girlfriend, Erin, Friday night at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered something that I never get, a burrito, and the steak was a little too spicey for me so I ate maybe a 1/4 of it and sent the rest home with Mitchell.

We had a gender reveal party at work for one of the nurses. It's a boy. That was fun, everyone brought in food and we had a cake.

Saturday I woke up about 2 hours after I went to bed and I had a scratchy throat. Just thought I was sleeping with my mouth opened. Throughout the day while I was trying to sleep it was getting worse, to the point I couldn't sleep. Saturday night at work it was horrible. I had a feeling that I probably had strep throat. Went to the Kroger clinic Sunday afternoon and sure enought I was right. Started on antibiotics yesterday so I have to work from home today. I'll be out of the contagious period later this afternoon. Good lord, strep hurts! It felt like swallowing razor blades!! Picked up a few things at Kroger while I was waiting for the prescription to be filled but when I got home I noticed that I don't have any extra toothbrushes so I'll need to run out tonight to get a new one.

Pretty busy for work so I have to stop here and get back to work. Have a great day!

:grouphug:Footballmouse, please take care and feel better, my friend. We care!🌸

Sweet dreams with love to all. I am so sorry for never posting earlier. Dad and I thank God ard fine. Crazy raining. Dad had such a lovely birthday celebration yesterday, thank you all forever with all my love. More tomorrow
XO.

Footballmouse I hope you are feeling better. Strep throat makes you feel miserable. I have read your trip report and like how flexible you were through all the changes with the airline. It sounds like you had a good time in spite of the changes.

Good morning. It should be sunny again today with temps in the 30s. Walking has been so much better with the sun shining. I see the trainer today. I am glad I only have one more session after this. I feel like I have gotten what I need. He is going to show me the strength machines I can use along with the treadmill and bike so that that will be good. The punchlist lady got back to me about a company coming in next week to fix the cracks in the foundation inside and out. I do have a couple that seep water. It is a good start but there is much more that will need to be done after that is done. She did say in the email that the company will be at several condos so she could only give a time range. I am not surprised at that news.

Have a good day.

Good morning!:sunny:

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I'm back in the office today. We were supposed to have our big faculty meeting today that I order lunch for so I figured I should be here to handle that. Of course, the meeting was cancelled early this morning.

My throat still hurts but nothing like it did over the weekend. Medicine has kicked in.
Strep throat sounds awful. I don’t think I have ever had it.
It feels like you're swallowing razor blades.😭

I have read your trip report and like how flexible you were through all the changes with the airline. It sounds like you had a good time in spite of the changes.
Awe, thanks for reading it. I did have a good time with the Disney part of the trip.:earsboy:

Sad news this morning that country singer Toby Keith passed away from cancer last night 🙁. I always liked him. I watched the Grammy's Sunday night. I think I might be getting too old for that awards show. I didn't know 1/2 the people who won.

That's it for me, have a great day. :wave:

Good morning. Another cold one, turning into a warmer one.

@footballmouse Glad you're feeling somewhat better. I was very sad to hear about Toby Keith this morning. I enjoyed his music and he will be missed. I agree with you about the Grammy's. I didn't watch, but I looked at the fashion pictures, and I didn't know 3/4 of them.

Just my normal Tuesday chores today. Cleaning the litter boxes, gathering trash and making my grocery list for tomorrow.
I got 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time in forever. Now I feel like maybe I got too much sleep, lol

Have a good day everyone

1707229083857.png

Footballmouse:hug:I'm so happy you're feeling better. Praise extra to God. Please get all well!

Lynn:hug:I'm sure thankful extra to God to hear you have been getting more sleep. You have had way too much going on and need the rest!

Bobbi:hug:and prayers you're still having a great trip.

Dad thank God is on his way home from Ralphs🛒It wasn't raining whrn he left. He said it's pouring now :( Prayers he gets home safely within the next 10 minutes! For here it sure has been cold and wet. I am so ready for summer!

I admit to not knowing much about Toby Keith. Extra condolences to those of you who were fans. It is always sad to hear about a young death :( May he R.I.P.

Good morning! Woke up early because, well, my nose is stuffed up and my throat and head hurt. :p No surprise.

@footballmouse Interesting you got a strep throat after your trip! Glad you’re feeling better.

Our completely full flight home last night had a LOT of coughing and sneezing children. And one vomited right next to us all over the parents. :eek: The smell lingered for the rest of the flight. And I saw one parent, with a vomit covered hand, reach into the seat pocket to get the puke bag, fishing around for it. I mentioned it to the FA as we were leaving so they could clean it. I don’t even touch those or the trays anymore.

If I’m sick, though (and I’ve tested negative for Covid twice, so far), it was likely from the flight down, or something else at the beginning of our trip. Who knows. Hopefully it’s just a quickie.

I can’t wait to see my boys today! We missed them a lot. I had a steak one night and it was strange not having them to take the scraps home to. I called to check on them and they said they were doing fine.

Have we heard from @easyas123 yet to hear how their trip was? Dazed? Bobbi? Judique?

Mona, would love to hear more about how your Dad reacted to his gifts! Hope your feet are better.

Well I’m going to load up with motrin now and maybe go back to sleep if I can. I just had a hot coffee to help my throat.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday! 🐥

Pea-N-Me Welcome back. I hope you feel better after some motrin and rest. There is so much going around. I am sure the boys will be so happy to see you.

@flyingdumbo127 Glad your Dad got back OK. I hope the rain stops and it warms up.

Good morning. It is 23 now with temps again going into the 30s. It is nice to see the sun for a few days. I hope it continues. I had my training session yesterday and he showed me some lower body strength machines along with the usual exercises. He said I would be sore today but I took some Aleve and then tylenol and this morning I am not really achy except one arm. I have one more session and he will show me the upper body machines. I will say it is easy to get intimidated by the pretty people who are furiously working out. I know they don't care about me and aren't looking at me. I am still a bit anxious to go the gym myself but will try to make it happen. Tomorrow is the office and I have a dentist appt.

Have a good day. Off to work.

Good morning everyone!:sunny:

Supposed to get in the high 50's to low 60's for the rest of the week but rain starting Thursday night.☔

Ran out and bought Mitchell a pair of jeans for his birthday next week. He just started wearing jeans again and he only has 1 pair so I thought this would be a good present.🎁

Watched a show on Netflix last night, The Greatest Night in Pop. It's about how the song We Are The World all came together & what it took to get all those singers to show up to record it. It was pretty good, made me miss 80's music.🎸

Pea - can't wait to hear about your trip. Sounds like you had a horrible plane ride home!🤢

Have a great day! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter