Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I was not surprised at who was voted off but feel that they should have voted off Bruce when they had the chance.
I have a feeling that Bruce would have pulled out his idol
We go traditional usually but this year we are going out to eat instead since the gkids will not be here. I can't say going out to eat is a "first" since we went to WDW over Thanksgiving back in 2002 and ate our traditional Thanksgiving meal at Boatwrights Dining Hall in Port Orleans. It was very good!

I'm that way too. If something is useful and we don't need it any more, I give it to our local Helping Hands instead of just throwing it away.

Spoke to our Medicare guy and got set up for a new prescription plan this morning. Our supplement is staying the same.
We did ours back at the end of Oct. Staying the same with both prescription and supplemental. Of course yesterday I got an email that the cost of the supplemental is going up, along with the cost of everything else. Our insurance agent cancelled Don's yesterday and I'll get a refund of almost 3/4 of a month.

The gkids are off with their dad and stepmom for Thanksgiving. Lou Lou really didn't want to go, Lil Joe was glad to see his dad. Carol came over to our house after she dropped them off and we went out to dinner at Christina's. None of us had much of an appetite.

Have a good night!

Good morning. Our weather is going to be 60 today, but a cold front is starting to move in. We have a severe weather alert for the chance of wildfires. I'm glad that I got outside yesterday and got the mowers cleaned and shut down for the winter, and the Christmas lights up.

I don't know what to do about Summer. She called me 2x yesterday complaining about her mother and brothers. Now none of them are speaking to each other. It makes me so sad, and mad. Now is the time the whole family should be coming together and iinstead it feels like it's falling apart. Don would have been so upset and angry about all of it. Summer's behaviour at the hospital the day Don died still has everyone else in the family upset. I told her I would speak to her about it when I come to terms with it myself. I'm trying not to be resentful of her over it, but it's hard. She took precious minutes with him away from me that day, minutes that I'll never get back.

Today I am going to get the new tree out of the box and make sure the lights work in case it has to be exchanged. And I have to open the Wayfair box and see if I can even attempt to put the cabinet together that will go where the roll top desk was. I already stripped and remade the bed.
Have a nice day everyone

1700310500309.png

Lynn Unfortunately sometimes loss makes families a bit anxious, mad, sad, and cranky. It sounds like Summer is not able to try to deal with this situation. You are right to stand back for a bit until you are ready to talk with her. I am sorry she took such precious time away from you. You are so busy the past few days. Not surprised you are tired. I like that you are getting decorations up for Don.

@bobbiwoz Belated Happy Birthday to Tom.

@TazDev Always good to have a WDW in the works. I am going in May with a friend.

So far today I have been to Wegman's to beat the rush. I got what I needed for Thanksgiving. We are pretty traditional for Thanksgiving dinner. Mashed potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, other veggies, rolls, turkey, stuffing, pies. Aimee makes the best mashed potatoes and soft rolls. Jeff makes stuffing. I am making a chocolate pie, pecan pie, brownies, squash, and will bake a couple of sweet potatoes. We are having our family Thanksgiving on Friday. Thanksgiving day I will bake. 4 people have asked me to dinner on Thanksgiving day but I am not crashing their family celebrations. My friend in NH invited me but I am not up to driving 2 hours each way. Plus her DH just had hernia surgery and while he is doing well I am sure he is still feeling a bit off.

Have a good day.

Good morning, All

Goodness but aren’t I up late today? Well despite a lot of unexpected moments ( do not allow the woman with the gimpy hand to put the corn pudding in the bain marie. Clean up in aisle 7 will be necessary. Good thing I made two casserole dishes of it. Sheesh. Oh and I ordered aluminum pans from Amazon- bad move. They are too thin and require doubling or tripling to hold the weight of the contents. Not a problem I’ve had in the past but then I could walk into the store and grab ‘’em myself.
Met a nice woman at the Bronx version of Little Italy. She discussed her success with rehab and gave me the name of her therapist. I suspect I’ll be eternally grateful.
Now to put the turkey in the oven and start making the apple spice cake (cake is so much easier to make than pie).

Enjoy the beauty of the day and remember to be your best!

@NYCgrrl Lots of cooking! How nice that you were able to get some good info from a nice lady. Grocery stores can be a good place to talk with people. Apple spice cake sounds yummy.

I just got an email from the residents here who are keeping everyone informed about the whole conservation commission and builder situation. It appears that the town does have our backs. These residents are trying to get the punch list items to be able to be done during the stop work order, which is as it should be. I want the holes in my wall fixed!

Glad to hear residents are looking out for each other as well they should, dear Snowysmom!

You are indeed cooking up a storm of a feast NYCgrrl! Enjoy my friend :)

Dear Lynn, extra huge hug! It does sound like Summer is choosing to lash out in grief and anger. I am so sorry as that is absolutely not right or fair and of course the last thing you need. Take care of yourself! I also love and so admire that you are decorating!

Wishing all of you a Happy Saturday with joy! :)

I spent the afternoon cleaning out the desk drawers. He had tax refunds still in there from his first wife, they were almost 40 years old. Also all the papers from their divorce, the only thing I saved from that was the actual decree, and I probably didn't need that either. I shredded everything up to 8 years ago. I don't need all that garbage when I'm trying to find something. I put everything in folders or envelopes so I can access it easily. I filled an entire trash bag with shredded papers. Now all I need is the new cabinet I just ordered to get here. It's fully assembled. I may return the one I got the other day to Wayfair if I don't feel like fighting putting it together.
I had a pkg delivered by Walmart, well supposedly. Claimed it was delivered to my front door. Nope, not there, not back door either. I look at the tracking picture and I recognize the next door neighbors door. His house isn't even on my road, it's on a side street..and it was left at his back door, not his front door. I went and retrieved it and filed a complaint.
I haven't stopped since 7 am, so I am now done for the day. Going to fix some dinner, take a long hot bath, and watch a movie or something.

Have a nice evening

Today I am going to get the new tree out of the box and make sure the lights work in case it has to be exchanged.

That's exactly what I did and what I said to my DD!

I was tired of messing with the old pre lit tree. Section 1 (top) went dark two years ago and I wrapped a string around it and made do. Section 2 (middle) went dark last year, same drill. Tried to catch an after xmas sale but nada last year.

This year I picked up the 7 and 1/2 ft tree at Costco and took it home quite early. It even dropped in price and I got a refund. Today I said to DD 'we need to take this out of the box and make sure the lights work!'

So that's what we did and it's beautiful! Best tree (other than a real one) that I've ever had. That's assuming it stays lit for a few years.

Oldest DGD was here and she helped. I wasn't ready to fully decorate it yet. DGD picked out some ornaments to start with and we'll do the rest later on. I'm waiting to see if the cats decide to climb into it. If they leave it be then I'll get out my nicer ornaments. Otherwise, I'll do the ones that don't break easy.

God Bless your granddaughter, dear Judique!

Lynn, so many prayers you enjoyed your movie!

Today was a fantastic mail delivery day here. Packages including more birthday surprises for dad via Amazon and the regular mail, other items, too. I also was blessed to receive a sweet Thanksgiving card from a friend. I, of course, am thankful always for all of you. Sweet dreams, friends with love.

Good morning. Cold front is starting to move in today. 50's today, in the 40's this coming week. At least everything I had to do outside is done and I don't have to worry about that. I can concentrate on the inside.
I've got another 4 contractor bags full of trash, along with 2 boxes, and a bunch of regular trash bags. It seems to be an endless chore. I turn around and there's something else that can get pitched.
I want to get that garland up outside as soon as it warms up a bit.
Summer went from one extreme to the other. Now she won't even answer my texts or calls. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it. She has stuff here she needs to come and take. Fresh foods, frozen foods, boxes of her stuff. There's also a portable air conditioner she wants for Lily's room, and the spare new grill Coleman sent me. I want that stuff out of here. It's bad enough the rest of that side of the family has gone radio silent, now she's starting to do it too. The only ones who call every day to check several times a day are my sister in law and niece, for which I'm thankful.
I actually watched Frozen and Wizard of Oz last night. Oz brings me back to my childhood, and I can't help but watch it when I see it. It's nice to have make believe now and then.

Have a nice day everyone

1700398664384.png

Lynn Could Summer be looking for attention by not being available? She seems to be off in her own little world. I am sorry the others aren't communicating either. I hope you have some good talks with your SIL and niece. These are times in families when togetherness is important. Cleaning out is a daunting chore. I have thrown out a lot since Chris passed. I do not want my kids to have to do the kind of cleaning out when I pass that we did after Chris passed. I want it to be easy for them. It is going to get chilly here tomorrow, in the 40s. Today it should be around 49.

Good morning. Late start this morning. I did get a long walk in already which I really needed. I was up around 3 with major anxiety. I couldn't stay in bed so got up and put on the TV. I curled up under a blanket and just sat there. I woke up anxious thinking about having an MRI. That is really weird. I will never be able to have one due to my anxiety but why would I even be thinking about that? Maybe because I have been thinking that I don't have anyone to really take care of me if needed. The kids have their lives and I am trying not to be a burden to them. I had a clock on the wall that I was waiting for Kenny to come by and put in a new battery and fix the time. This morning I just said, let me see if I can move the couch, to get to the clock and I did. So I fixed the clock. I wish I could put up the remaining curtain rods but I don't want to get up on a ladder by myself. I am going to Jeff's today for a visit. Ellie did a 3K run yesterday as part of a girls running program. She loves to run. I made a pot of pasta and bean soup yesterday so have supper for the next 3 nights. I had a small bowl with my leftovers last night and it was so good.

The fox made a visit again on Friday. I took a picture through the window with a screen. I wonder why he picks my area to lay in the sun. When I look out the window at him he looks back. I go to the deck door then he will leave after looking at me for a minute or so.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• Fox Nov 23.jpg
    Fox Nov 23.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
Lynn Could Summer be looking for attention by not being available? She seems to be off in her own little world. I am sorry the others aren't communicating either. I hope you have some good talks with your SIL and niece. These are times in families when togetherness is important. Cleaning out is a daunting chore. I have thrown out a lot since Chris passed. I do not want my kids to have to do the kind of cleaning out when I pass that we did after Chris passed. I want it to be easy for them. It is going to get chilly here tomorrow, in the 40s. Today it should be around 49.

Good morning. Late start this morning. I did get a long walk in already which I really needed. I was up around 3 with major anxiety. I couldn't stay in bed so got up and put on the TV. I curled up under a blanket and just sat there. I woke up anxious thinking about having an MRI. That is really weird. I will never be able to have one due to my anxiety but why would I even be thinking about that? Maybe because I have been thinking that I don't have anyone to really take care of me if needed. The kids have their lives and I am trying not to be a burden to them. I had a clock on the wall that I was waiting for Kenny to come by and put in a new battery and fix the time. This morning I just said, let me see if I can move the couch, to get to the clock and I did. So I fixed the clock. I wish I could put up the remaining curtain rods but I don't want to get up on a ladder by myself. I am going to Jeff's today for a visit. Ellie did a 3K run yesterday as part of a girls running program. She loves to run. I made a pot of pasta and bean soup yesterday so have supper for the next 3 nights. I had a small bowl with my leftovers last night and it was so good.

The fox made a visit again on Friday. I took a picture through the window with a screen. I wonder why he picks my area to lay in the sun. When I look out the window at him he looks back. I go to the deck door then he will leave after looking at me for a minute or so.

Have a good day.

@lynxstch - Summer - hmmm, lots of attention needed. All the family seems to need time to get through the pain and the best sides of them seem to be hiding. But, you have all of us! Let it ride, and I say this knowing that it should be different but it's not. Never worth burning bridges but some people do it more than others. Wait - there are always a few bridges best burned!

@Snowysmom - I've done the closed MRI before my anxiety was so much and issue and still didn't like that 45 minutes. Since then I've done the open MRI and it's much easier and less stressful. But why you woke up with that on your mind is a puzzle.

No idea what your fox is about, but as an animal lover he needs to go hide in the woods. Development unfortunately often brings them closer to humans and human ways.

:grouphug:Lynn, I agree with Snowysmom about Summer. Sounds like her emotions are just all over and she is trying to process them. As I have said please do not ever let anyone make you a target for lashing out at! Take care of yourself dear friend.

💕Snowysmom and love our fox visitor. He's checking in on you to see how you're doing. God sends angels in all forms to us indeed!

I'm looking forward to watching online worship a little later.

Happy Sunday to all!

My joyful news!

Brother and wife, niece and husband have booked a Florida vacation that overlaps part of my February visit!!!!

This is such wonderful news as the pandemic stopped them from going and the niece and husband sold their vacation home down there. We used to get together quite frequently and then it was gone for 3/4? years.

I've just spent hours 'fixing' my trip to work with their dates as the younger people still have careers. They once planned on moving down and living there after retirement. Sadly that idea dissolved and I'm not sure if it will be revisited as vacation to Florida is one thing and living there is quite another.

Thinking about ditching my December trip to add points to February but availability is limited with DVC, especially at BCV where I'm now staying, so I've already booked more nights at the Swan. I can cancel if something opens up.

My points would go into holding so I'll be watching closely for the next couple of weeks (or 11 days). December is a short trip anyway and I do want to go, but being 'alone' there in December and spending more time with family later (in February) is what I am juggling. I just got the email yesterday morning so it's early still. One thing I'm good at is changing things. It's also worth noting that brother is 10 years older than me and time doesn't last, so try to enjoy what you have.

I love the fox, @Snowysmom!

It bright and sunny here, and I have been out with each of the kitties for a while. DS is back to work today and DH is feeling somewhat better - writing ambitious task lists that he's really not up to yet. :laughing:

I am watching a home reno show and having a cup of coffee before I make lunch.

Snowysmom, if you have to have an MRI I will come hold you hand through the procedure if necessary. And we’ll get you a good dose of Ativan, too. I promise you’ll be ok.

Post-breast cancer I had to have MRIs yearly - laying on stomach w boobs in two holes in the table - and I hated them so much. I cried without moving through each one, and probably had twelve or more where I was fine.

But for some reason, one time, I couldn’t do it. I think it was because the tech that day was so cold and mean. Seriously. DD was with me and I asked if she could come in w me and she said no. So we went through the motions and as soon as I got in the machine I said take me out. They tried everything to get me to stay - even saying DD could come in - and I said I just couldn’t that day. I was so upset and hurt and angry. And this was where I work.

So we rescheduled and I went somewhere else. Was very anxious. But the tech was unreal. She understood what had happened, and my history. I could cry just thinking about this, but she sat next to the scanner and held my hand through the whole procedure, at a horrible angle for her own back - I was so worried about her it sort of took my mind off myself, but I still cried and cried. And I gave her a big hug when we were done, and sent a gift and a letter of thanks to her employer afterward. If I can pay that forward, I’m happy to.

Sometimes you really need that information that comes from an MRI. We see lots of patients who can’t do it but we have things like open MRIs and hearty IV medication with monitoring that gets them through it. Thankfully I’m past the phase where I need them yearly now, but I imagine at some point I’ll need one again, maybe even sooner than I’d like as I have some scar tissue that’s been bothering me and I probably should see a surgeon one of these days. All these health scares get so hard. I hope everything is ok. :flower3:

Have to get back to yard duties but big hugs to everyone, especially Lynn. 🐥

Have a good day.
The fox spirit animal is mischievious,clever,and self assured.It's fearless and can handle any situation in any environment.Sensitive,dynamic,and intelligent,your Fox totem can pass on its wisdom and passion.The fox,a protective spirit guide is sometimes associated with magic and dreams in certain cultures.Just found that interesting!

Good afternoon.

Waiting for Sarah and family to arrive. Tessa doesn't have school next week because it is conferences. Both her parents have to work so she is coming here Monday and Tuesday. Carter heard about this and got jealous so they are coming today for him.

Went to 11 am church for a change. Really prefer 9:30 but liked who was preaching at 11 better.

I actually watched Frozen and Wizard of Oz last night. Oz brings me back to my childhood, and I can't help but watch it when I see it. It's nice to have make believe now and then.
I was going at ask what movies you found to watch. I couldn't find anything. I don't care for the Wizard of Oz because the flying monkeys always scared me.

Beautiful fall day here. We have several maple trees in the back yard so a lot of leaves. Jack went out and raked two big piles for the kids to play in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter