Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I ran both mowers dry,,well the tractor is dry after 1 1/2 hours, the push mower is still going after 2, and I know there wasn't much gas in it, lol. I cleaned off the tractor and took the battery out. The guy next door helped me as I couldn't get the wire bar holding it in loose. My strength isn't waht it used to be..

Summer's husband said he's fine. All he took was tylenol, so I'm wondering if she's embellishing the story again. She has a tendency to do it. She's trying to put me in the middle between her and her mother and I'm not going to do it. That's their problem to figure out, I have enough on my mind without getting involved.

I got the Christmas icicle lights up, but had to order new lighted garland, the other was old and falling apart. It will be here tomorrow and I'll put it up then.

I'm making myself porcupine meatballs for dinner. I've been craving them, and it's not something Don would eat. I only made 8 of them, so I'll get 4 meals out of them after I freeze the leftovers.

That's all I plan on doing today, I'm tired and feeling a little low.
Have a nice evening everyone

Tom and I are heading home after a mixed bag sort of TN vacation. We saw great shows with great friends. We spent a day in bed after catching “Pigeon Forge Crud” according to the PA who treated us.

Today we headed to
https://www.nps.gov/mapr/planyourvisit/oakridgevc.htm

We check hours and everything, only to find it was closed for a “Gala” tonight! 30 miles each way for nothing.

We did stop at a Buckee’s where we got Tom some special birthday treats! And had this picture taken. It really is his birthday today.

IMG_2769.jpeg

Tom and I are heading home after a mixed bag sort of TN vacation. We saw great shows with great friends. We spent a day in bed after catching “Pigeon Forge Crud” according to the PA who treated us.

Today we headed to
https://www.nps.gov/mapr/planyourvisit/oakridgevc.htm

We check hours and everything, only to find it was closed for a “Gala” tonight! 30 miles each way for nothing.

We did stop at a Buckee’s where we got Tom some special birthday treats! And had this picture taken. It really is his birthday today.

View attachment 811391
Happy Birthday Tom!!

Still working on my basement. Discovered many small treasures. Noah's Ark Playmobile toy. I'll save that for youngest GD. The two oldest loved it. I keep a few things here that they aren't allowed to take home. First, their house is over run with toys and second, they disappear. The father just packs them up and they are gone once it gets too cluttered. I do understand why, but he doesn't really care what it is, and that plastic toy boat with animals sells for $40 on Amazon. It's also indestructible and I would say, timeless.

Which leads me to the Ikea Billy Bookcase. Never try to move a fully loaded Ikea Billy Bookcase. Don't ask me how I know. I'm still cleaning up that mess, and I only wanted to push it about a foot or so. About 10 years ago, when DD rented out her house and went to teach in Spain for a year, she stayed in the basement for a couple of months prior to moving. She moved in a ton of stuff that never moved out. She's bought house number 3 since then. Not saying it's all hers. Sons skis, guitars, and books, books, books. Yikes! Plus my stuff. It's got to go but I have to sort. I can't just toss. I'm not wired that way.

Taking a little break but now it's over. I want to do another half hour.

Happy Birthday, Tom! 🎈It is my brother’s birthday today, too. 🎈

@easyas123 I saw quite a few products made for bulldog type breeds with their skin issues. The one I like the best is from GNC but I also bought one recently that the vet recommended it has like a bleach in it, Command. The wipes are for maintenance, and the bag balm is for his lips, which is where the biggest problem is right now. DH just informed me that his collapsible bathtub and bathrobe just arrived, lol. I agree, I’ll take getting back to basics (with elbow grease) over a drug that could cause cancer in a year or two, what good is that?

IMG_4872.jpeg

@Pea-n-Me ! Tom is smiling. Thank you!

We will be boarding soon. It’s going to feel good once we are on this next leg of the journey.

By the way, has anyone had a pizza from WAWA? We will be hungry when we get to Philly, and there’s still a 90 minute drive. Was wondering if it would be worth the wait, as I am craving pizza!🍕

Good evening everyone.

Hope you are all doing ok.

I am ALMOST finished going through pictures for round 1. I have a couple hundred to scan into the computer after this and then will go through again but I have figured out what I did wrong. I sorted everything by years and j not the way I have the files in my computer/hard drive. When I go through again once I scan everything I will organize that way. I have been told I am obsessed or slightly OCD. I don't think I am but I do want these organized so I can find what I am looking for when I need a picture rather than going through 100,000+ pictures. My first Disney trip in 1988 was with a film camera and I took 6 rolls of film (24+) count. I am still searching for a couple of albums that are in one of the spare rooms or basement. At least it keeps me busy.

I booked a trip to DIsney World for March. I figured I upgraded to an Annual Pass so I might as well go down and use it. I am going with a friend in September so it saved me money getting the AP.

@Pea-n-Me - my nephew went to college for law enforcement and went through training in Virginia. They let him quit ahead of getting the boot. He wasn't ready. He moved to Colorado and is now a police officer in a smaller town up there and he enjoys it. He even met his future wife on the force. Law enforcement is not a career for everybody, I can attest to that with my husband putting in 35 years in the prisons and sheriff department here in Philly. He was very ready to retire because the clientele changed so much. A 16-year-old kid brag to Jim that he already had 3 bodies on him what did he think they could do to him in prison. Mr. Tough Guy wasn't so tough when he was sentenced to life in jail with no parole.

QOTD - I go to my mom's house for holidays. I have offered to cook but my dad likes to stay home. Jim stays home and watches football, I just bring him a plate. Food wise my mother has catered to my youngest brother and his family. There are no mushrooms in the stuffing. My grandmother always put wax turnips in the potatoes and my mother followed that tradition BUT my brother HATES the turnips and the mushrooms. I'm happy if we at least have Brussels Sprouts. I make my own dinner on the sunday after Thanksgiving and have everything the way we had it growing up.

Mikey made a Thanksgiving Feast in culinary class and brought me home a platter. They did a great job except with the cranberry sauce. As I told Mikey cranberry sauce plops out of a can and has ridges. He laughed at that. I won't even eat the cranberry sauce my brother makes as it is way to sour.

Oh well I am back to my pictures. Disney 1992, the trip my kids call "The one where mom tried to stab the babysitter with a spork!" Have a good evening

skin issues
Ok -so the wash ( and wipes) I was going to recommend is the Chloridexidine you already have. The shampoo works good. Good luck with everything!
By the way, has anyone had a pizza from WAWA?
So, I am a born and bred South Jersey person, transplanted to Delaware, and now in Maryland. What I'm trying to say is WAWA is in my blood (along with scrapple and Take-A-Boost:smooth:)but I've never ever tried their pizza. Would I? I guess...maybe? I'm not sure. With that being said- I'm not a huge pizza person, frozen grocery store pizza and everyday pizza joint pizza often seems the same to me- so I may not be the best judge!
Go ahead and try it!! Give us a full report!

Good evening.

Today was a "take care of myself" day. I went to yoga, then CFA for breakfast, and then a pedicure.

I've been trying to get iTunes to my new (in February) computer so I can add music. I have not been successful. And I am researching our ports for our January cruise.

Woke up 2 hours later and had to rewind to see who got voted off.

Were you shocked on who was voted out? I was!
She was one of my favorites. I was surprised and sorry to see her go.

We did stop at a Buckee’s
I do like Bucee's.

has anyone had a pizza from WAWA?
No. DH frequents WaWa almost daily for coffee and can't imagine why anyone would get pizza there. If you don't want to wait, use the app and order ahead.

Need to get working on a grocery list. The next week is going to fly by.

Ok -so the wash ( and wipes) I was going to recommend is the Chloridexidine you already have. The shampoo works good. Good luck with everything!

So, I am a born and bred South Jersey person, transplanted to Delaware, and now in Maryland. What I'm trying to say is WAWA is in my blood (along with scrapple and Take-A-Boost:smooth:)but I've never ever tried their pizza. Would I? I guess...maybe? I'm not sure. With that being said- I'm not a huge pizza person, frozen grocery store pizza and everyday pizza joint pizza often seems the same to me- so I may not be the best judge!
Go ahead and try it!! Give us a full report!
About the pizza… Tom convinced me to wait for a real pizza tomorrow when I get home!

Good evening hug to all! Do any of you know anyone that lives in Montana that would be willing to write my dad a birthday greeting? Please PM me this weekend if you do and thank you. I have extra blank Montana postcards. New Jersey, thank you dear Bobbi, has been taken care of. Trying again to post this before the security warning comes up again. I pray no one else is dealing with this again today? Anyway sweet dreams friends with love :)

I watched Survivor, but fell asleep on tribal. Woke up 2 hours later and had to rewind to see who got voted off.
I was not surprised at who was voted off but feel that they should have voted off Bruce when they had the chance.
QOTD: Thanksgiving menu: do you go traditional or with something different?
We go traditional usually but this year we are going out to eat instead since the gkids will not be here. I can't say going out to eat is a "first" since we went to WDW over Thanksgiving back in 2002 and ate our traditional Thanksgiving meal at Boatwrights Dining Hall in Port Orleans. It was very good!
It's got to go but I have to sort. I can't just toss. I'm not wired that way.
I'm that way too. If something is useful and we don't need it any more, I give it to our local Helping Hands instead of just throwing it away.

Spoke to our Medicare guy and got set up for a new prescription plan this morning. Our supplement is staying the same.

The gkids are off with their dad and stepmom for Thanksgiving. Lou Lou really didn't want to go, Lil Joe was glad to see his dad. Carol came over to our house after she dropped them off and we went out to dinner at Christina's. None of us had much of an appetite.

Have a good night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter