Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Judique, we had CL at Jambo January 1 and 2 this year, and thoroughly loved the experience. It’s something I try to get every few years.

Enjoy your visit!

We fly tomorow, and this trip includes VB, BCV, a DCL Pixar cruise, and ends at SSR with three girlfriends. We have Cirque with good friends who live in FL. For me and Tom, the tickets were our Christmas gift to each other! Plus, we have plans to meet Disboarder, Simba’s Mom!

Sounds awesome! Thanks for reminding me about Cirque. I may 'gift' myself a ticket if my wide open schedule permits!

Getting Jambo CL was something I was able to do regularly with stalking the site, but until this one night came along, it's been quite some time since I've stayed. I used to stay CL quite a bit before DVC.

Hi all! :wave2: I'm enjoying your updates and also hearing about travel plans.

It's a cold, blustery day here and a bit of snow just started falling. DH is building another smaller set of shelves along a side wall in the basement. I didn't want to just spread items to the new space so I decluttered and reorganized a bit using the new storage bins I picked up from Costco yesterday. I'm thinking homemade pizza for dinner.

Good afternoon.

Chilly but sunny here. Church this morning. Now just hanging out. The Ravens play tonight.

I tried on dresses to see what I will take for "Dress your Best" night on the cruise. Dang, I have gained weight. Dresses kind of tight but the zipper goes up. Well, nothing I can do until after vacation.

Regarding all the talk of neighbors and hedges/fences. My first home was a row house in Baltimore. It had a chain link fence around the back yard. That was fine for a while. Then the neighbors on one side moved and rented to some less than savory people. One day they were throwing firecrackers over the fence at my dogs. Then the neighbor on my other side, a good neighbor, decided to put up a 6 foot stockade fence so we did too. But we left the chain link between our two yards to give the look of some openness,

Now in our current house with a much larger yard, the neighbors behind us put a line of evergreen trees along our fence to make a barrier. They never care for them and have a lawn service to mow, etc. A tree that was on their property was rotting so I went to talk to them about getting it cut down and they said they would but never did. It rotted enough that Jack could push it over onto their property when it fell. They aren't bad neighbors but just don't see what's going on there.

All these trips being planned sound fun.

Happy Sunday all...cold, blustery day again here in Southern California. DH has been a little sick, just a cold, he tested negative for Covid and hasn't felt too bad but yucky enough. I've been waiting to see if I'm gonna get it but so far so good.

I made a really good easy "soup" the other day. It ended up pretty thick so more stew like than soap. LOL It had hamburger meat, onion soup mix, macaroni noodles, a bag of frozen peas and carrots, a can of corn and a can of stewed tomatoes. It was very tasty and a big hit with DH and DD. I'm having a hard time thinking of what to cook lately, so Im glad i found something new that is easy and tasty to make. I think someone mentioned that a couple days ago too but I can't remember who.

And good golly Miss Dolly is really getting comfy at home and testing us lately, I think...good thing she's cute. LoL Starts training Wednesday and hopefully it helps.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Last edited:
Today is the last day for the Dooney & Burke, and Kate Spade after Christmas sales.
:rolleyes:
/sigh
Yes, I bought new purses. I have a shopping problem. 🛍️

I tested negative yesterday and today, woohoo! DH is still positive.

Lazy day today. DH is working on his new Lego sets (he bought a technical Batman car while we were at Legoland, and DD#2 and I went in on a Millenium Falcon for him...we would have got him the uber big one, but it was out of stock when Andi had her 50% discount before the holidays.)

Just making hot dogs, fries and salad for dinner. Picked up a strawberry shortcake cake from Publix when I was there the other day, so we'll have that for dessert. Having some grapefruit margaritas (using a mix from Barcoop Bevy..it's not too bad, but I'd like a bit more tartness); DH is having a Ginger Smash (w/bourbon, added some lime) from the same company...it's too ginger spicy for me.

@bobbiwoz woohoo for the upgrade!
@Judique sounds like a perfect trip to me!

I need to finish catching up on my shows, lol. Laters!

Quick Hi with love from me. Thank you all, always for all your updates. I had a longer night yesterday. Thanks to God, I am feeling better now after a couple naps. Dad is feeling better, too. Pretty sure with me it was just time of life change related. A bit I'm so happy he stayed home again today.

I'm also so grateful for now rain today. Last night it was pouring again and in the same spot, we had some leakage. So did our neighbor. Calling management in the morning.

Dad actually tried a free trial of Boost for delivery tomorrow. Aquafina in multiples is on sale and he agreed that having it brought to our door by Instacart through Ralphs was worth trying. I will share tomorrow how it worked.

Have a good and warm, dry, rest of Sunday Friends:grouphug:

Good morning. A coating of snow is on the ground. I hope it is no more than that today. I hear icy crystals hitting my window. I would rather have the snow.

Real estate agent and photographer are coming this afternoon. I have hidden everything from sight so my closet and under counter cabinets are full. I will bring some stuff back out after the pictures are done. People looking at this place need to understand someone actually lives here! I am bringing my valuables to Kenny's and hiding the remotes. My work and home laptops will come with me too. Busy week! I am still feeling like if I had made the right decision in the first place I would not be going through this but what is done is done.

Have a good day.

Good morning. A coating of snow is on the ground. I hope it is no more than that today. I hear icy crystals hitting my window. I would rather have the snow.

Real estate agent and photographer are coming this afternoon. I have hidden everything from sight so my closet and under counter cabinets are full. I will bring some stuff back out after the pictures are done. People looking at this place need to understand someone actually lives here! I am bringing my valuables to Kenny's and hiding the remotes. My work and home laptops will come with me too. Busy week! I am still feeling like if I had made the right decision in the first place I would not be going through this but what is done is done.

Have a good day.
Ugh, with the snow! I'm hoping when I go south that I'll miss a good part of winter, although ours does tend to be milder here than a lot of the country.

Buying that condo was the right decision last year when you made it. Now, you've moved in a different direction and want something else. You weren't wrong. I also think (if I remember correctly) that your son's marriage was still intact back then. Everything has some impact.

Everyday I wonder what my future will be. I want to stay in my home. It's relatively small and cosy at about 1400 sq ft, but at the same time, the land is a lot to manage. I'm stubborn and mostly want to do it myself and DD is not a gardener. She would pay someone to do everything and that would be just basic. She would never independently plant a flower or a tomato plant, lol. She will help if I ask and not complain, but it's not her thing.

I'm sitting here finishing my coffee and watching the sky lighten. One corner of my kitchen has a little sitting area with comfy chairs and I have a larger window that I can see most of my backyard through. Yorkie is at my side, having already eaten his breakfast and gone outside for a bit. It's 29 degrees so he didn't waste time getting back inside. Kittykitty has not emerged yet to be fed. Usually when Yorkie goes out it wakes him and he stretches and comes to the window to let me know he's hungry.

And so starts my daily routine. Have to pick up a prescription, maybe drop off DD's kitten, and maybe stop at Ikea. I picked up a couple of cushion covers there last week. Need another one. They had some on markdown that I used to cover the Xmas cushions until next year. Saves me from having to package and store them.

Have a great day all!

Last edited:
Morning all! I had planned on getting an early start on some errands but the weather has other plans. It's snowing steadily and the plows are out. I don't feel like venturing out in this mess so instead I made another cup of tea and am enjoying a slow morning.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope you were able to get some rest last night. :hug:

@Snowysmom I recently came across this quote: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. :grouphug:

@Judique Your reading nook sounds lovely! I'm all about the cozy, as you probably know by now. ;)

Good morning everyone. Frosty 19 degrees, but heading into the '50s the next few days. It seems weird to look outside and still see green grass in January. I'm not complaining, it just seems odd.

@Maple Moose Great quote, thanks for sharing! It's so true.

@bobbiwoz and @Judique --Hope you both have wonderful trips

@flyingdumbo127 Mona, glad you are feeling better

I got so tired of hearing football yesterday, that I put my earbuds in and listened to music all afternoon while writing. don had the Ravens game on so loud after I went to bed, that I had to put them back in again, and fell asleep listening to more music.

It's one of those halfway holidays today. No mail, banks closed, yet everything else is open. All it does is mess up my week. Keep thinking I'm off a day all week.

I called Dave last night as I never heard from him last week. He's coming on Wednesday to measure everything and make a complete list of what we need for the bathroom remodel. I don't want this dragging on into Spring. He gets way too busy when the weather starts getting nice.

Have a nice morning all

R (3).jpg

What great comments this morning! I love that quote @Maple Moose!

@Snowysmom, I agree, you did what you had to do at the time, don’t beat yourself up over it! And be careful walking in the icy snow! @Judique I can see your dilemma. I am thinking that way about our yard, too. It’s a lot to maintain. We have a lot of work to do this spring outside. Would love to see more pics of your pets! @bobbiwoz I’m glad you were happy with your upgrade! @easyas123 Do we get to see the dresses? So exciting! Hope the B&B family are feeling better. Hugs to you and your Dad, Mona. I hope the moisture problem is rectifiable. Watch out for mold.

We’ve had an interesting morning here already. The snow just makes everything so yucky. DS lost his keys so he had to take DH’s Jeep to work. Nearly hit a deer inches away, thankfully he was going slow. Got to work and forgot something important to his job so DD and DH left to go bring it to him. DH is off today so thankfully he was able to come home and crawl back into bed, that made him happy. They picked up some Dunkin’ so all was not lost.

I got good news yesterday at an unexpected time. I was driving home from my haircut when my elderly friend called me! She’d gotten the note I left in her mailbox. We were both so happy. She thought maybe I was mad at her or something. I yelled at her for that, lol, and told her how I’ve been looking for her for weeks! She asked for prayers. I told her already done. It’s a blessing she’s not in pain, and she thinks the surgeon did a good job. She’s not happy at the rehab where she is but she’s being really cooperative because she’s worked in hospitals and knows that will get her the best care. (She is still sharp as a tack.) I will try to get in to see her this week sometime now that I know where she is. (I was actually near there the other day, not knowing.) She does have family in the area where she is so that’s a blessing, too. Thank you for any good thoughts and prayers you can send her way.

It will be an interesting week for DS. One year ago was his breakup. He’ll find out results of the test he took and whether he got a promotion this week.🤞🏻I can’t remember if I mentioned it but he’s playing baseball again and going down to FL for a tournament in a few weeks. He then has another test to take shortly after he comes home that he really has to study hard for, he’ll be taking a prep class. I’m glad he’ll be busy.

@PollyannaMom How is your son doing? I hope he’s feeling better. And ongoing prayers for @Kirby’s son. And all of us and our families! 🙏🏻

Have a good Monday, everyone. 🐥

Oh man you guys are making me jealous with the talk of snow! I'm starting to think we won't see any this year - but who knows, maybe we'll get 'lucky' and get some.

Foster pup has a prospective adoptive home - thanks to everyone who helped get the word out! The adoption coordinator and I went thru the applications, picked the top three, and then picked a #1. Coordinator spoke with adopter already, and I will speak with them this afternoon. Assuming all goes well with my conversation with them, then we move on to the last steps - reference checks & home visit. Once that is completed then they'll come down (7 hours north of us they are) to pick him up.

I'll take photos of the dresses and post them later this evening. I am still deciding on which one, although I'm leaning a bit towards one in particular. One of them is the possible same color as Mother of the Bride, so I'm not sure of the etiquette there. Bride says to wear what I want, but I don't want to step on any toes.

We've decided on who is the designated driver for Friday, and all the details seem to be taken care of. My folks come in on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll be picking them up from PHL then.

On the road every day this week. Today & tomorrow afternoon down to lower DE, Wednesday up to Philly, Thursday back down in lower DE and Friday Annapolis. I think I'll spend all day Saturday going nowhere :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter